TERA hi-resolution textures patch now available

vizionblind

Never. They alreaddy made their stance on situation on this pretty clear. Better learn to enjoy what the high res setting is now.

(for those of you who are clueless they said the game can't handle having too many people run on the old high res textures. Among other problems I'm sure)

Never, they are too busy air lifting Marlon Brando to do the next voice over for Jar Jar Binks long lost gangster cousin to be working on issues.

'Are you a Jedi?"

'I'm an assassin."

'You are neither. You are an errand Ewok, sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill."

I would happily download a 10 gig high res texture pack for swtor.... but I highly doubt the devs even know how to do that.

They exist, but the devs turned them off after release. They were on for beta, which was nice at the time. =/

They exist, but the devs turned them off after release. They were on for beta, which was nice at the time. =/

Doesn't matter, if I have the hardware to run it I should be given the option to run it.

If other people get bad performance with it then they can turn it off and leave it how it is now.

It should be user choice not biowares.

Especially since every single piece of media for this game uses the high res textures to sell their product.

Shady is what it was shady business.... beta test with great graphics, advertising with great graphics then rip it out at launch lol...... whats that call again? Ya you know.

This sad excuse for a game isn't ever going to be able to run "hi-res." Their decision to purchase a crappy single-threaded engine like "Hero" won't allow it. LOL Just another fail for swtor.

On the bright side, SW:TOR has story and VO -- don't ever forget that.

Too bad TERA still looks like a pile of ****.

Thats just being stupid m8 stop being a hater.

The game looks amazing. It also runs amazing while doing so which cant be said about swtor.

Unless muddy textures and blocky shadows are what you consider to be top of the line graphics.

Edited by Barracudastr

Doesn't matter, if I have the hardware to run it I should be given the option to run it.

If other people get bad performance with it then they can turn it off and leave it how it is now.

It should be user choice not biowares.

Especially since every single piece of media for this game uses the high res textures to sell their product.

Shady is what it was shady business.... beta test with great graphics, advertising with great graphics then rip it out at launch lol...... whats that call again? Ya you know.

Bioware's game can't handle it. It's not Bioware's fault they chose a piece for a graphics engine or that they are just newbs in general. Oh wait..

They will NEVER put high res textures back in the game, get used to it. Ok maybe not NEVER, when they get down to 500k subs they might have the available resources to allocate to such a thing.

Until then, have fun. Everquest 2 is calling my name but I am having too much fun here lol

Thats just being stupid m8 stop being a hater.

The game looks amazing. It also runs amazing while doing so which cant be said about swtor.

Unless muddy textures and blocky shadows are what you consider to be top of the line graphics.

You cant ever say someone is wrong on what they deem to be good or bad graphics. As what someone likes or dont like is completely subjective.

I for one think it looks like a big pile of poo because I hate anime and pedophiles.

Swotr is just fine for me, I would rather they keep working on more important projects rather than "omg need sparkle pony graphics from the ADD crowd".

Yes, this more than makes up for the crappy graphics :rolleyes:

Considering the story and VO are part of TOR's problem I can't do anything but sigh when someone goes omg story and VO! What a game!

Maybe if Bioware did a better job or did not saturate the game with the stuff it might have worked the way they wanted it to. The way it is I just spacebar through it all. Or I did when I was playing lol.

Yes, this more than makes up for the crappy graphics :rolleyes:

You are quite correct that story is better than graphics. An engrossing audio book > flashy shallow movie.

Of course a great artistic and deep movie would be nice too, but if you have to give up something give up the worthless flash!~