Leveling with Jessa. Best AC and Spec

Rezoh

Hello fellow warriors :)

I'll be playing a warrior the next week and I ll love to use Jessa as a companion as much as I can. As far as leveling goes, wich will be the best AC and spec to suit her better?

I was thinking about a Marauder in Anihilation spec or Juggy in tank spec. Will that work? Will I have problems leveling?

Thanks for the feedback!

I used Jaesa ever since I got her as Carnage Mara, Anni Mara and Hybrid Jugg, never had any problems with the class quests or leveling. Just need to keep her gear (and yours) up to date, and yes, you'll need to heal after fights, but you kill a lot faster than with Quinn.

If using Quinn is overall faster leveling, I did not notice it.

also, I use Jaesa with a single blade lightsaber, again, never had any trouble, quest content is easy if you manage aggro and get to know your class.

Tank + DPS

Tank + Healer

Healer + DPS

These all work best, pretty much anyone can play these combos.

DPS+DPS / Tank+Tank, depends on the player, some can, some can't.

However even if you can do it DPS+DPS has the most down time, you will have to self heal after almost every fight.

DPS + Tank can go 3 or 5 fights before down time.

as a tank or hybrid tank, you can pretty much shelf your healer and level with a dps pet out. I've done it on Powertech and Juggy. It's a much better leveling experience than playing a tank with a heal pet, the fights take way longer.

If your defense is where it should be for your level, nothing is going to stand a chance of killing you before your companion chops it down, and the speed of the choppy choppy is worth having to stand there and eat 3 ticks of hatred.

Players who roll with Quinn on their juggy so they can finish fights at full health are doing themselves dirty- using a dps companion goes through fights 3 times as fast.

for tank/hybrid juggy, go vette, or go vette until Jaesa. Both are good.

If you use Jaesa, bleed stance and crit gear on her. All day, every day.

Got a jugg level 43 and a mara level 42. For jugg I used rage and mara annihilation. Mara is more flexible with a couple of "oh crap" button. Rage really doesn't pick up until 40+. I also leveled a jugg with tank spec and its a little more forgiving than rage but still squishy when facing elites with armor reduction. I don't know why everyone likes to use healer companions when they are not faster for leveling. Jaesa or Vette equally geared as you can probably do 75-85% of your damage while Quinn just heals and do minimal damage. I noticed from level 10-25 comps out damage you.

Immortal Juggernaut + Jaesa = Pure Win. As others have noted in this and similar threads, if you're not a tank, you're possibly going to want to use Quinn for the heals. Personally, I find I can tear through most everything with Jaesa with little difficulty, and only have to rest a tick or two every few fights. I can cut that down to virtually no healing needed except for exceptional fights, by using injectors and food to increase OOC healing.

Also... presence really helps Jaesa turn into a storm of fury.

I used Vette on my mar for fun, around 40 I got sick of channeling after each fight so I used Quinn. Though you may not kil as fast, it feels faster because you can jump right into the next fight. And I always always always switched to Quinn when taking on a gold.

But I really hate Quinn.

On my jugg that I'm leveling now (lvl20 something immortal) I'll go DPs and will probably use jaesa, since I didn't use her at all with marauder.