Dirty fighting scoundrel?

Kazomir

Anyone tried to spec into dirty fighting? im interested to hear about it and how it performs.

I notice that SHarp bomb is extreemly effective when used on anyone capping a flag or a door, at least on theory, and the DoT based spec is just that.

Edited by Kazomir

The damage on Wounding Shots is very meh. And the issue with the dots is that they're easy to remove ( i.e. not mental effects ).

If you really like to see big numbers in your damage in WZs then sure, go ahead and spec it. You'll output a ton of damage. The issue, though, is that you give up the ability to burst someone down.

I tried it out, saw some good and some bad in it. All in all, I was very underwhelmed with the spec. I wouldn't say it was bad, just very different from a scrapper and not really what I was looking for in a play style.

Does that help?

DF brings more to the team then scrapper overall.

But scrapper is more fun to play.

Aoe dot with snare, etc.

Put hemo up on a target, shrap+vital and run away, and score a kill.

People are oversetimating how much healers are cleansing, in hectic fights there is no time to cleanse, and its during those fights you toss a shrapnel, a thermal and tab target vital shots..

The shere amount of damage and the help you do is amazing.

And wounding shot meh?

Wounding shot with two stacks of bleeding on a target hits close to what shoot first does, it just wont burst in numbers are you hit several times.

1vs1 dirty fighting, out of stealth, is far above a scrapper that is out of stealth.

But obiously a scrapper that open up on someone from stealth have the advantage.

The thing with df though is that armor does not matter as much, as the damage counts as bleedings and as such, neglect armor. And you are ALOT better at killing tanks with DF then as scrapper.

But again, not using that shotgun, and shoot first+k.o people, you will miss it.

For low level scoundrels in pvp I would recomend DF until you get shoot first, but thats my opinion.

For high level...its fun to play DF for a while when bored of scrapper, but scrapper is the preferred spec simply since its alot more fun. And honestly, the overall damage difference is not as big as you might think.

Anyone tried to spec into dirty fighting? im interested to hear about it and how it performs.

I notice that SHarp bomb is extreemly effective when used on anyone capping a flag or a door, at least on theory, and the DoT based spec is just that.

You put out good numbers but you have the absolute worst survivability and 1 on 1 in the scoundrel family. You can put out 400K damage with the class in warzones if you play it as range. However, when you have a 3minute disappearing act, you can't heal in stealth and you don't have surprise comeback. You also can't stop a ballrunner in huttball like you can with scrapper. The huttball part was the part that made me drop the spec. I will definitely use shrap bomb for Voidstar for dual spec when it comes out.

I tried to level with DF but it just wasn't doing it for me. I may switch again in the future after I hit 50, but for now I'm leveling with a scrapper build because the stunlocking is great. Problem being that about half the time they magically know I'm there even though I have the highest stealth I can possibly have and they hit me before I can use my flechette/shoot first opener.

I kicked the crap out of a mirror-dirty fighting-spec'd operative today and I'm a sawbones. Hots/purgs > Dots/lackluster burst.

Sure, if someone actually purges the dots you're nearly useless as a DF scoundrel, but I honestly think that maybe 10% of all WZ healers pay attention to their targets debuff/dot bar.

Few things :

1) You can't kill a healer with DF. The burst isn't there and purge is OP.

2) Energy management makes this spec almost unplayable.

3) Unlike GS, upper hand requirement means you can't WS twice in a normal rotation.

Other than that its a very good spec. I'd be ok living with #1 if they fixed #2 and #3.

DF brings more to the team then scrapper overall.

highly debatable, you keep the same range but lose all burst damage on someone, you lose the hot attached to pugnacity, you lose armor penetration, you lose cooldown reduction on cloak.

To say DF is a better team class is just not true, they don't have any team buffs, they don't do anything special outside have defensive screen up more often, they are still going to rely on stealth, SB is a more team based spec, the others are reliant on the ability to use stealth as an advantage, or combat in melee range, and even then, scrapper > df.

dirty fighting is horrible for leveling switched once i hit 30, and now waiting for respec costs to reset before i will even log in to him again. Whoever said that wounding shots is good is definitely wrong. I cant believe how little damage a skill that requires 3 globals to be used before you can use it does.

DF sucks in every way compared to every other spec/class combo in the game. Worst of the lot, can't heal, can't DPS, and all your damage is purgable.

The only thing you can really do on a DF Scoundrel is help stop caps in WZ's.

Don't bother, seriously, its just an exercise in futility.

Question for this thread (not PVP related) is a dirty fighting scoundrel more of a melee or ranged DPS? Also does it do well in a operation/Flashpoint environment? Thanks

I kind of got used to DF now but in hard mode flashpoints I can't kill the adds as fast as I did when I was scrapper. So, adds take more time, resulting in less dps on the boss and he enrages and kicks our butts.

I'm going to respec to Scrapper tonight. (I might as well try sawbones one day)