Lucky dodge > vanish issue

seldomseenXIIV

I have gotten in the habit of always using dodge to remove dots before I vanish. It usually works pretty well, but the last couple days in pvp it hasnt been working at all. At least half the time I vanish, I reappear 3 seconds later and am an easy kill and look like a complete idiot. I like to play well and hate that kind of thing. I see the graphic and see the cooldown kicked in, so I know dodge triggered. My reappearance is always do to a dot. Is it just that so many dots are flying around that they are often getting reapplied in the gcd before I can vanish? If thats the case, are there solutions? It really irritates me that my fundamental ability repeatedly fails me. Is anyone else having this issue?

If I am not mistaken, Dodge (and even Triage) doesn't remove Force based DoT's. Those might be your problem.

Or, there is an AoE effect/DoT being applied right after you hit Dodge and Disappearing act. These abilities don't provide immunity, so if you get hit even milliseconds after you will then be drawn back into combat.

If I am not mistaken, Dodge (and even Triage) doesn't remove Force based DoT's. Those might be your problem.

Or, there is an AoE effect/DoT being applied right after you hit Dodge and Disappearing act. These abilities don't provide immunity, so if you get hit even milliseconds after you will then be drawn back into combat.

Dodge removes all DoT's, triage removes physical and tech effects (and mental if talented in the sawbones tree) but not force.

It is possible that someone put a DoT on you after you used dodge, or they AoE'd and happened to hit you.

I generally find it better to vanish and then use dodge. As long as your reaction time isn't that of a snail you won't get pulled out of stealth before you hit dodge.

Yeah force DoTs with snare eat us up. Then its stun, pile on the guy on the ropes and I'm respawning. Its good to have healthy friendships with other scoundrels to pile on those types in turn.

Have an ongoing DoT lock battle with a sniper on my server, when we are on cooldowns from butchering each other. We both watch for the ticks and reapply if dropped. I think defense screen eats the damage so another cooldown enters the fray on my side.

, but the last couple days in pvp it hasnt been working at all. At least half the time I vanish, I reappear 3 seconds later and am an easy kill and look like a complete idiot.

I had pretty same issues in solo pve, possibly - since last patch. Usually I could vanish-cc on storyline bosses (hiting one after cut-scene asap) and\or reCC some packs. Yesterday on Belsavis I failed about 3 times. I stealth and they shoot - no dots or aoes. Also there was at least one case when on destealthing for heal\regem companion just rushed back to atack. Somehow I feel that vanish is having reset aggro\taking out of combat issues again (afair something like that was fixed about a month ago). Is there anyone else who had any recent problems with DA?