Master Strike "stuck in animation"

MyrTSL

This has been happening a lot to me lately. I do not use Master strike all that much, but when I do use it, I seem to be stuck in that animation if the person I am attacking has broken free and half a screen away. I will be doing this "master strike Jig" while my victim is waving and running at me.

I have tried breaking free from the animation, I just don't seem to move. Aside from the comedic value of this issue... it really places us in a vulnerable position in PVP.

Am I breaking the animation wrong? I have tried moving...escape, space bar, so far none of these has stopped it.

I had issues with this in Esseles hardmode the other day. The last boss has purple circles on the floor that you must get out of or be one shotted or nearly so.

I failed due to being stuck to the floor by master strike... It was fairly embaressing.. :o

I've had this happen a few times in warzones lately. I'm Combat spec and my Master Strike roots. What happens is generally I hit the Master Strike hotkey and the animation starts but no status bar shows up and while the GCD activates, the Master Strike CD does not. No damage is dealt and I'm stuck for the duration of the skill.

I've had this happen a few times in warzones lately. I'm Combat spec and my Master Strike roots. What happens is generally I hit the Master Strike hotkey and the animation starts but no status bar shows up and while the GCD activates, the Master Strike CD does not. No damage is dealt and I'm stuck for the duration of the skill.

This is my exact issue. I am also combat spec. It happened every time the victim would break free from my root, the root due to master strike spec. I tested out just now a few times. I will test again and see what happens with the GCD.

Edited by MyrTSL