Healer Medals

Madnutter

No its not another qq thread, i actually have a solution, not sure if its been suggested already but meh, cba to read through and check)

(Skip this paragraph if you just want to read my solution)

As everyone knows there have been countless threads about healers whining about their lack of medals in warzones (not without reason i might add). And lots of peoples answer to this is to chuck out some damage to tag enemies for kill counts. I disagree with this, healers shouldnt have to throw out some noodle dps to get their medals as this detracts from their usefulness to the team if they're having to stop what they're meant to be doing to do some damage that does nothing of any consequence to the enemies health.

So basically my idea is this, allow healers to get the protection medals for cleansing dots from their teammates, as what is removing abilities that will damage your team, before they damage your team, if not protection. This should give any healer access to the 2k, 5k, 10k defence medals. This would allow most pure heal specced healers access to the 2.5k heal, 5k heal (once geared) 75k healed, 300k healed, the 2k defence, 5k defence and 10k defence from doing nothing other than what they specced their character to do.....which is healing!.

I think you should only get protection from cleansing dots on other players as guards dont get protection for damage that is reduced from their shield for example, and that would stop classes like shadows with abilities like resilience from getting insane amounts of protection without actually protecting anyone.

Not sure if this was the right section but i dont really ever go in any of the others so just posted it here anyway.

Edited by Madnutter

Something is really going to have to be done for Healer Medals if they're moving over to a medal-dependent system for progression in 1.2 (which is pure speculation based on Georg's post).

My Vanguard Tank can easily get 7-9 medals per match while my Scoundrel Healer works his butt off for 4-6. It's a glaring inequity which needs to be addressed.

Cleansing medals would be good because at least Ops can abuse those to make up for the current Guard imba.

Better yet, get rid of the medals totally in the current state because they suck. Show scores or something instead.

Edited by finetop