Civil War Side Speeder Rates

Xallionn

While your right your also wrong which is the beauty of the setup. Its all dependant on your team:

* Focus fire

* CC (without actually breaking it, a concept many dont seem to understand)

* Positioning around the turret in relation to the speeder (when capping)

* Body stacking / layering (harder to target)

Add numerous other things you could come up with and create, Now I believe alot of this is hindered by the lack of in game voice but typing still is effective if you have a team of players with the same goal in mind which is to win.

Now I would be just fine if they decided to move the speeders landing spot back 10- 20m or so but other then that I belive they would be hurting the WZ more then helping it.

Everything you've just said is too, too much to co-ordinate. If you've got a pre-made who've all got mics it's hard because you're reliant on the other members of your team.

The whole not-breaking CC thing would be fiiine if people would know who is CCing who ... if you knew how many of the enemy didn't have their breaks left, if (as is not the case on every server) everyone speaks the same languages and understands 'Please don't DoT these chars until we co-ordinate CC ...'

It's also reliant on TYPES of CC you have, some chars don't have messez apart from worthless ones of around 2.5 secs like the BH PT, others can only Mez NPC droids ...

If I get put into Alderaan I just instantly quit, I'm having no part nor have any interest in how it plays out whatsoever. I don't stay to see if we start winning or losing, someone else can fill my place before the game starts. I'd prefer to play Huttball another 20 times than have the random hands of fate decide who gets those turrets first and 9/10 that decides the match.

The only reason I don't quit out of at the start VoidStar is because it's a huge medal farm at the first doors.

Neither of these maps require any skill, nor tactics ... they just require a team that is merely concentrating and determined not to surrender the doors or the nodes. Losses are infuriating, wins are cheap.

It shouldn't require CC-spam (IMO a broken mechanic in the first place) to overcome (with vastly unrealistic co-ordination) another broken game mechanic.

If they got rid of the side-speeders it would make the side-turrets pretty hard to defend and the middle much much easier. Where there are 3 points, if you make 2 next to impossible and one easy to take it means that the match is decided very early. If you make one difficult and 2 easy it adds a new dynamic and then tactics can come into play.

They just need to lose the side-speeders entirely. If you want to take a side-speeder you have to start back at the main spawn. If you want to defend a side-speeder you start back right next to the node. It doesn't promote tactics at all. It also means that they're so much easier to reinforce because you don't need to pull that many people off the other turret, you can easily have 3 on each side turret and 2 floating and never lose a side turret.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While your right your also wrong which is the beauty of the setup. Its all dependant on your team:

* Focus fire

* CC (without actually breaking it, a concept many dont seem to understand)

* Positioning around the turret in relation to the speeder (when capping)

* Body stacking / layering (harder to target)

Add numerous other things you could come up with and create, Now I believe alot of this is hindered by the lack of in game voice but typing still is effective if you have a team of players with the same goal in mind which is to win.

Now I would be just fine if they decided to move the speeders landing spot back 10- 20m or so but other then that I belive they would be hurting the WZ more then helping it.

When people need to go to such extremes to simply capture a node they already outnumber and overpower, then something is definitely wrong. I agree that moving the speeder landing spot back 10 - 20m would also work, but I don't believe it's the best solution. I'll still stand by my original post in that having another 5 seconds added to the speeder trip is a better solution. Either way, something should really be done about these side speeders.

I like the fact that the defenders have the advantage on the side nodes, I just think the advantage is a little too much. It's very close. It just needs to take a little longer for them to get there, that's all.

^

Like others have said, it doesn't need to be a HUGE change. 2 seconds? Yeah, that's probably plenty.

Move the landing point back. Or increase the pathing. Or have a 'death gate' effect like the other two WZs that opens every 5 seconds (averaging a 2.5 second increase). But if you add the death gate, you need to shorten the center paths some, because that would make an already intolerably long center speeder even longer.

The death gate, IMO, would make newb players suck less, as it would encourage them to reinforce in waves instead of rushing in 1 or 2 at a time.

Each side has an equal chance to capture and hold the side turrets from the start. If your strat involves anything other than a guaranteed roll of at least 1 side turret you need to rethink it because as this thread indicates, getting one back once its flipped is very hard.

Speeders are fine. East/west strat exist because the speeders offer the advantage. SLow the speeders and the only real strat will be one side +middle.

Edited by ImURmaster

Speeders are fine. East/west strat exist because the speeders offer the advantage. SLow the speeders and the only real strat will be one side +middle.

I disagree. If they were slowed just a little, holding both sides would still be a very viable strat. The sides would still be easier to defend.

Personally, I'd rather they speed up the arm/control time on the doors/turrents then increasing the speeder time. I don't think 1 person should have as much control over a team of 4 to 5 people that they currently do. Throw a dot out on everyone and in essence, you can control all of them and keep them from capping.

Making it 5 secs to arm a door or take over a turrent and you solve the problem. Plus, you'd have more back and forths or more games that are neither team getting through a door.

yup, lets take out all tactics from game, and make it a zergfest like ilum. The idea is you hit hard on one node, then switch, but most people dont understand this, which is why I LOVE alderaan xDDDD. the side bikes are fine, I'd prefer they focus on things like turrets firing first for empire, and get that fixed.

If you play alderaan properly, you should be holding one of the edge nodes anyway, if you're not, you're not capping/peeling properly(as a team, which i understand can be hard with puggers)

it then becomes a game, of hit mid/switch edge/hit mid 'till you create an imbalance.(or someone ninja caps, you'd be amazed at how many times i've capped a node because opposing players prefer to finish their kill first xD)

The short speeder rides turns the game INTO a zerg fest - the only way to have a chance at a occupied side node is to zerg the crap out of it, and even then 1-2 people can dot up the zergers and prevent capping until they ride back. It takes all the strategy OUT of the match.

Defenders should have to focus on effective defense; i.e. not dying, and actually repulsing the attacking force, rather than just harassing the zerg while their points slowly tick down.