Civil War Side Speeder Rates

Xallionn

Anyone else feel that these side speeders in Civil War are just a little too fast? I'm thinking they should take a good 5-7 seconds longer to land.

I've thought this being on both the side trying to take a node and the side trying to defend a node.

If I'm defending and going to die in a 1 vs 2 at a side node, I can put dots on the 2 enemies and get back in time to interrupt them capping the node. This just seems wrong to me.

If I'm trying to take a node, the 2-3 defenders just keep coming back over and over again. You almost need to outnumber by 2 or more players just to be able to send them back to the start point fast enough.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are too fast imo.

in non coordinated civil war 2people can basically hold it non stop vs 4-5.

The thing i noticed is the only way to take a lightly defended side turret is to zerg it with 7 people and hope no one takes the single one you have because they get back.

If you try to take a turret being defended by 3 people with 4 and you keep wiping them they usually can defend it non stop with fast speeder rides.

They are far too fast which is why in the majority of my Alderaans, whoever controls both the side Turrets wins.

Personally, I think controlling the Middle and West Turrets is more beneficial because the enemies are forced to drop down Middle after landing in their spawn, in which case it is very easy to see them coming and call incoming, in order to attempt to take back either Middle or West. Their only other option is to take the side speeder to their side Turret (or take middle Speeder and drop down on their safe side) and attempt to take back middle from the enemies side of the map (just outside their spawn) or they can go underground and cross to the opposing side Turret.

By the way, I apologize if I'm confusing people with which Turrets I'm trying to talk about. It's annoying to try and think about East/West or Left/Right in correlation to the minimap. I wish they would just add colors like WoW did :(

Here are some possible solutions:

- Increase the time it takes to land by a few seconds (whether through slowing the speeder or increasing the speeder travel path)

- Put a small "cooldown" reset on the Speeder bikes so after a player clicks on one to ride it down, it disappears so that the next player in the spawn can't click it for X amount of seconds. This would prevent multiple enemies landing at the same time.

- Add a respawn timer. In Voidstar and Huttball, you're forced to wait in the spawn for around 15-30 seconds (it seems longer on Voidstar) before the shield disappears. There is no timer or wall preventing you from immediately riding down in Alderaan so you instantly respawn the second you die.

Any of these solutions would fix the issue.

Edited by copasetic

I think they're about right. If they're too fast it's only by a TEENY margin. Like less than 2 seconds teeny.

Although I'd LOVE to be able to force leap from them before going through the full landing/dismount animation. Hehe...but yeah, THAT would be too fast.

Also, please note in your consideration that this ONLY help dead players get back, the corners are still very inferiour for moving from one to the other. For this reason some really coordinated groups still prefer Left-Center over Left-Right. It's easier to shift resources back and forth.

Holding the corners can be more desperate because if a big push is made it can be far harder to hold without those quick reinforcements...even WITH the faster speeders.

Edited by thanealpha

Civil War is the worst warzone because of this.

The speeders that take you to the side should either take a lot longer to get there, or should drop you off further back from the cap point.

The first team to hold 2 capture points at once should always win.

Also, the cap points need a longer neutral period. Once they get capped it's just a matter of a second or two untill they are controlled.

yup, lets take out all tactics from game, and make it a zergfest like ilum. The idea is you hit hard on one node, then switch, but most people dont understand this, which is why I LOVE alderaan xDDDD. the side bikes are fine, I'd prefer they focus on things like turrets firing first for empire, and get that fixed.

If you play alderaan properly, you should be holding one of the edge nodes anyway, if you're not, you're not capping/peeling properly(as a team, which i understand can be hard with puggers)

it then becomes a game, of hit mid/switch edge/hit mid 'till you create an imbalance.(or someone ninja caps, you'd be amazed at how many times i've capped a node because opposing players prefer to finish their kill first xD)

Another example of rushed and botched pvp. Like was said earlier two heavy armour users or a couple of stealthers (not so much light or mediums) can easily hold the turret against 5 people using the side speeders. Sure the 5 people will never die but as long as the opp isnt dumb beyond belief they can keep taging anyone trying to cap while there friend gets back, die and let their friend carry on. Edited by da_krall

Another example of rushed and botched pvp. Like was said earlier two heavy armour users or a couple of stealthers (not so much light or mediums) can easily hold the turret against 5 people using the side speeders. Sure the 5 people will never die but as long as the opp isnt dumb beyond belief they can keep taging anyone trying to cap while there friend gets back, die and let their friend carry on.

l2cc

just because your group of 5 people is too stupid to get a cap when TWO people defend it doesn't mean its not doable, or even difficult to do

l2cc

just because your group of 5 people is too stupid to get a cap when TWO people defend it doesn't mean its not doable, or even difficult to do

SHUSH!!!!! you are going to ruin my alderaan win percentage. Saps/knockbacks and stuns, and capping on the right side of the turret are completely overrated!!!! move along people nothing to see here.

:rolleyes:

The problem with Alderaan is that the speeders benefit the winning side too much.

A proper way to do it would be to make the side speeders take longer and only give them to the losing side. Capping in Alderaan should make the match more difficult for the capping side, not the losing side.

The problem with Alderaan is that the speeders benefit the winning side too much.

A proper way to do it would be to make the side speeders take longer and only give them to the losing side. Capping in Alderaan should make the match more difficult for the capping side, not the losing side.

I like the fact that the defenders have the advantage on the side nodes, I just think the advantage is a little too much. It's very close. It just needs to take a little longer for them to get there, that's all.

SHUSH!!!!! you are going to ruin my alderaan win percentage. Saps/knockbacks and stuns, and capping on the right side of the turret are completely overrated!!!! move along people nothing to see here.

:rolleyes:

If you are playing against a good team, and they get control of the two sides, the game is over. I understand when playing bads and pubs you can still win, but this warzone is still really stupid.

Anyone else feel that these side speeders in Civil War are just a little too fast? I'm thinking they should take a good 5-7 seconds longer to land.

I've thought this being on both the side trying to take a node and the side trying to defend a node.

If I'm defending and going to die in a 1 vs 2 at a side node, I can put dots on the 2 enemies and get back in time to interrupt them capping the node. This just seems wrong to me.

If I'm trying to take a node, the 2-3 defenders just keep coming back over and over again. You almost need to outnumber by 2 or more players just to be able to send them back to the start point fast enough.

/agree

Something needs to be done about them considering the instant cast no CD DoT's people cast that last long than a speeder trip making it impossible to cap a node.

you need to kill the ppl defending a side turret at the same time and have CC rdy for when they land, thats how you do it, if u kill them not at the same time they will just land 1by 1 with too little time to cap in between

yup, lets take out all tactics from game, and make it a zergfest like ilum. The idea is you hit hard on one node, then switch, but most people dont understand this, which is why I LOVE alderaan xDDDD. the side bikes are fine, I'd prefer they focus on things like turrets firing first for empire, and get that fixed.

If you play alderaan properly, you should be holding one of the edge nodes anyway, if you're not, you're not capping/peeling properly(as a team, which i understand can be hard with puggers)

it then becomes a game, of hit mid/switch edge/hit mid 'till you create an imbalance.(or someone ninja caps, you'd be amazed at how many times i've capped a node because opposing players prefer to finish their kill first xD)

Recently I was Ops Leader and threw 7 of my team at a node trying to take it. I was in a premade of 2 healers and a tank and managed to get 300K damage medal in one life while 4 enemy team just kept insta-spawning and whittling us down until our healers just ran out of juice.

That was the most organised effort to take a node I've ever seen in Alderaan and 4 players getting slammed over and over shouldn't have been able to keep off 7 of us just by instant spawning.

We threw everything we had at them including spamming AoEs and CCs on their spawn spot and nothing.

Determination beats the crap out of any tactical element in this game.

You decide to go for the opposite node, same thing happens. It needs fixing.

PVP in this game just generally favors the defenders. I've seen so many Void Stars where neither team made it even halfway to the finish and countless Civil Wars that didn't have a node change hands a single time after the initial caps. Most of the time if either team can pull off one ninja cap it's gg. Edited by Cereyeth