Artifice items that sell?

Dosma

Just wondering what are good selling artifice items on your server and what high level items are in demand? Looking at other threads it seems the enhancements are the way to go but what level 22's should i am for? Also what offhands? Just curious what everybody is selling / using.

I think to best answer that question you have to assume you dont have that skill, and think to yourself, what items you wish you could get from that skill. Whats your demand might be others as well.

I personally sold nothing. But Im on a super-low pop server so I just feed alts and companions any crew skill items.

Id guess, at your level, any crystals might sell, any odd color besides the norm might sell for more.

Enhancements should sell, but lower level characters might not have a lot of orange gear to plug enhancements into so that market will grow as your level does.

Offhand items are harder to come by, well in my experience anyway, so sell those. Problem with selling these, the mats are more intensive than say an enhancement, so if your leveling up go with the lower material cost items first then move to these.

And last, Hilts. Again, like enhancements, they wont sell much at low levels since not many have modable weapons early, but the market should grow as you level. These might sell very well if you were successful at Reverse Engineering and sold a blue quality version, that damage boost on the hilt is what a lot of players would look for, and blue always catches eyes over green. on the market.

I would only say the only thing that would sell well would be if

you're able to get the specific purple for a lower/medium lvl offhand.

Why offhand?

Cause you really only swap out off hands every 4-6 levels really.

that's why it would be nice to get a RE purple with "correct" stats for that

purpose. what i mean is don't try to sell a Foci for inquistor with defense, etc.

Hilts, well you can swap out every 2 levels, that's why people don't bother

with it too much, but they still do sell if you put the blue ones at "ok" prices.

Actually, hilts sell okay, since everyone gets a free lightsaber at the end of the first planet. I've found the resolve hilt to be most wanted, as the ones from vendors is generally one level below the other hilts on offer via commendations. If you RE to blue you should be able to recoup the cost of making them, if you get lucky and have the artifact version then more power to ya. I have a few sprinkled in my book.

Crystals can do pretty well, especially critical crystals as there are some specs that thrive on crit, but all the gear comes with endurance crystals early on, so being able to make at least the blue version of some of those crystals should net you some cash.

And yes, offhands can do alright, not one of the markets I work in though, so don't have much experience selling them. I generally just make an offhand for myself, come to think of it, I don't think I've actually ever sold one on the GTN...maybe I should make some and see how they do.

Some people complain about not making money off artifice, but im at 6 million and climbing now and its mostly from artifice. Let me say I was broke till 50, but thats when I started to play the market more so I cant give any advice for selling lower than max level stuff

First off every server is a little different but at max level hilts don't sell at all, color crystals and focus sell occasionally, shields do okay (unless you crit then its bank) but most of my sells are enhancements and I try to focus on ones that are not flooded already on the gtn on your server. My big selling ones have changed so often as others try to fill in that nitch and i move to greener pastures. Right now I have 18 purp enhancement recipes and try to keep 1 to 3 of each at a time on the gtn depending on trends in market.

I spend way too much of my time staring at the gtn, i can tell you that

Edited by dreamdahon

First off every server is a little different but at max level hilts don't sell at all, color crystals and focus sell occasionally, shields do okay (unless you crit then its bank) but most of my sells are enhancements and I try to focus on ones that are not flooded already on the gtn on your server. My big selling ones have changed so often as others try to fill in that nitch and i move to greener pastures. Right now I have 18 purp enhancement recipes and try to keep 1 to 3 of each at a time on the gtn depending on trends in market.

Enhancements lvl 22?

wonder why when they can get those easily from Ilum 2+ heroic.

Enhancements lvl 22?

wonder why when they can get those easily from Ilum 2+ heroic.

My guess is some people don't buy those first off and wait, or something. And, since there's not much else to buy at 50 they just buy the crafted ones during the interim for 50k or whatever they sell for on your server.

Some people complain about not making money off artifice, but im at 6 million and climbing now and its mostly from artifice. Let me say I was broke till 50, but thats when I started to play the market more so I cant give any advice for selling lower than max level stuff

Appreciate all the feedback so far but this is really more what I was looking for so thanks dreamdahon! Yea I'm going to hit 50 myself here this weekend been leveling real slow. Have my artifice up to max for awhile but really want to try and focus on it now. I've just started to put some hilts up on the GTN but I've had 2 sets of Might Hilt 22 up for 4 days and they haven't budged :p. just got a huge stockpile of mats and was wondering how I should use those so thats why I was asking. Again any insights from anybody and any server would be appreciated. Thought it would be good to focus on what might actually sell since there is a problem with the commendation items basically making some of our top end products undesireable right now.

• 2 years later...
Some of the purple enhancements do really well around that level, especially during "leveling" events like 2x or 12x xp periods. I think the 96 rating purple (was it level 27?) has good stats that can carry someone through 20 levels pretty easily. Hilts aren't too bad for coin, but the market isn't huge for them. I actually made some coin on the orange craftable lightsaber given the mats requirements (15K-20K), but the market can be slow.

In my case, green and blue items with slots for augments already in them sell quite well - but I don't sell them too often.

But when I do, they're gone quite fast. Which means to me : "They sell".

It's because F2P players just don't have enough cash, nor do they have the "artifact unlock" to get good stuff.

Everything that's gone is - by my personal definition - "items that sell", no matter what.

Besides, colour modules sell quite good as well - but not the dull looking ones, but rather the better looking ones.

And crystals as well, especially those with special colour combinations.

I love crafting and have done all the skills since launch. My general rule of thumb on artifice is this:

1) people need 1 or perhaps 2 hilts

2) people need 8 or 9 or more enhancements

Enhancements generally will be more consistent in money making for you. Relics are very good at end game but you cannot duplicate a relic with a crit, you only get an augment slot.

Criting on a dyd, or enhancement or hilt gets you an extra item!

Dyes can sell very well, especially those that come from reputation status ( i.e must have like legend to learn etc)

Most offhands I rarely have dealt with myself, as again most people need only 1 so I haev focused more on the items I listed above.

Artifice is extremely helpful as u get higher in making components for stronghold construction kits ( the universal mk-3's etc) these continuew to be good sellers for me.

Adept's. Quick Savants and Intiative's sell well, as do several tanking ones. I would advise browsing thru your server's GTN and take a look at the types and quanities being listed and try to base what you make off of that.

Good luck!

IMO crystals and enhancements have a broad appeal to everyone, unlike hilts that are only for the saber folks. I make crystals for my other toons, and when they crit I sell the extra and am always surprised they sell so well. Also, dyes of all types, though this appears to be a very fickle market where sometimes people will sell dyes for way below cost of materials. But if you hit it right, and ESPECIALLY if you come across a schematic for a rare dye, you can make a tremendous amount of credits. My artifice character got very rich (as in millions) of of war supplies: capacitors and holocrons--not the other stuff--when they first came out, but the market is nowhere near as hot for that stuff now.

Just wondering what are good selling artifice items on your server and what high level items are in demand? Looking at other threads it seems the enhancements are the way to go but what level 22's should i am for? Also what offhands? Just curious what everybody is selling / using.

I've personally made 30 million since the 3.0 with just making Advanced 186 rated Relics. Focus on the ones that give +Primary or Power for 6 seconds. Literally is all I was making for a bit because it was so lucrative. Of course you have to have some extra toons to run Gem missions.

Oh and this was one heck of a old post to resurrect.....from 2012 :eek:

Edited by Mariojediwookie

I don't know how deep Celticson had to dig for this 2 weeks shy of a 3 year necro... but I highly doubt the op still plays. Additionally, it's nice that you all are giving advice but most of it wasn't even in game at the time the op had their question answered.