Developers cant make the WoW killer, Fans must!

BOLTgamer

It's true, developers are fed up with all their money, they don't care about the games they make! The fans have to make the game, WE know whats healthy for an mmo, what works, half the people who worked on SWTOR never even played mmos before. Gabe Armentaglo the person in the head of PvP was a lead designer on warhammer online, which sucked.

So lets all face it, mmo developers dont know how to do it. It's like the MMO gold rush, after WoW a lot of developers went into the market trying to make a quick profit.

Am I saying SWTOR is bad? No, but it's no where near the quality of a game that It would take six years to release WITH a 100 million dollar budget!

So I say, we contact Notch, and make the best MMO ever!

OK start a corporation and hire a development team and get to work.

You might be able to have a game out in 10 years.

Good luck making everyone like it.

Im not asking that, im asking for a small, succesful, indie game company like MOJANG to make a indie mmo, with fan help

Edited by BOLTgamer

Sorry to tell you but if your game doesn't have AAA graphics it doesn't stand a chance on the market today

goodluck though, Xbox Live Arcade ain't a bad consolation prize right?

Cryengine 3 and Unreal engine 3 are AAA graphics with good abilities.

Oh, then why did SWTOR stand a chance on the market? It doesnt have AAA graphics.

imo, the only way a game would be able to get those kind of subscriptions numbers these days would be to contain ALL of the best bits from every game previously created, in at release and pretty much bug free.

Cost/development time would be the stubling block I suspect.

Greetings everyone,

Our goal is to create a place where the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community can come together and discuss the game and related topics. Since the focus of this dicussion seems to be about creating a different game, we are closing this thread.

Thank you for understanding and for your cooperation!