It kind of hard to stomach when you realize...

Galbatorrix

... that your chosen server(s) are some of the ones that had a lot of cancellations after the first month. :(

I play republic and Sith on two different servers and when I first started in December, they were both "standard". I chose them because A, the name felt appropriate for my chosen faction and also because I didn't want to wait in line on some of the heavy/full servers.

With that said, they're ALWAYS light now.... both of them. On the weekends, I'm lucky to see 30 people on fleet (it was always 80-100 when I first started) and doing heroic quests or flashpoints is getting harder and harder. Bioware needs to either allow free server transfers or go ahead and figure out a cross server group finder similar to WOWs to combat this issue. I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this. And sure, I could reroll, but I have 9 total characters all ranging from level 14 to 35. Most of them are 19+.... I don't really want to start over....

First no server in December was light, they were all heavy and full. This was due to the cap on the serers.

Now the cap is raised so the numbers changed and the meaning of what light/heavey ec. is a different amount now then it was in Dec.

BTW, right there is evidence that you yourself are contributing to low numbers on Fleet....or are all 9 of your toons pretty much permanently parked by the PvP terminal because you level all of them via PvP only?

Are you going to make a valid point at all in this thread? Since launch, it's very difficult for me to find groups even in peak hours due to most zones having 15-30 people. I don't care if there's some magical zone out there that has 700 people on it on my server because that doesn't change the fact that I CAN'T FIND A GROUP MOST OF THE TIME. Last Saturday, on my trooper, I spent about 3 hours off and on through out the day trying to complete "Enemies of the Republic" on Coruscant. I finished every thing else and moved on, but I kept coming back and spamming gen chat for 30 minutes-1 hour at a time trying to complete this to receive the orange moddable gun. I ended up having to solo it at level 21 (dying like 4-5 times in the process) to actually complete it.

I don't know about you, but this is not fun for me at all. I did these same quests with my Jedi Knight when the game first launched and I had a blast doing them because forming a group felt like it was instant. This is no longer the case at all.

Edited by Galbatorrix

I am on a very very low population server, our Ilum battles max out at 5 v 3 at peak hours. Fleet is maybe half a dozen people at peak...

I got the game over the holiday weekend release, server selection had 3 options, Full, Heavy, or standard. I picked standard, and now its 100% lite.

When I hear podcasts talk about Ilum and the 100 people online, I can only dream of what that kind of gameplay holds for everyone on that server.

I am on a very very low population server, our Ilum battles max out at 5 v 3 at peak hours. Fleet is maybe half a dozen people at peak...

I got the game over the holiday weekend release, server selection had 3 options, Full, Heavy, or standard. I picked standard, and now its 100% lite.

When I hear podcasts talk about Ilum and the 100 people online, I can only dream of what that kind of gameplay holds for everyone on that server.

You aren't missing out on the Ilum PowerPoint, so don't worry.

You aren't missing out on the Ilum PowerPoint, so don't worry.

Last night on Ilum, our guild and another guild had a 1 hour rush on Ilum. It was 3 on 3. After killing someone once, they give no valor or daily credit for the next 2 kills, It looks something like this

1st kill. Credit

2nd kill. No credit

3rd kill. No credit

Repeat back at 1.

It takes two no credit kills for that player to gain valor. Thats a long time on ilum when its 3 on 3 and it takes time to get that person back to the frey.

"It kind of hard to stomach when you realize... "

That the OP is ignoring that BW changed the metric for whether a sever is defined as being "Light," "Standard," or "Heavy."

Thats the oldest trick (lie) in the book.....the amount of MMOs i have played where they claim this has happened and theres actually more people on is quite high. Only the dumb believe it though when they can see with there own eyes its no where near as busy.

Last night on Ilum, our guild and another guild had a 1 hour rush on Ilum. It was 3 on 3. After killing someone once, they give no valor or daily credit for the next 2 kills, It looks something like this

1st kill. Credit

2nd kill. No credit

3rd kill. No credit

Repeat back at 1.

It takes two no credit kills for that player to gain valor. Thats a long time on ilum when its 3 on 3 and it takes time to get that person back to the frey.

I thought it was a three minute wait? are you sure its 2 kills that dont count - or just that 3 minutes hadnt passed.

And how are you determining the "population" such that you can claim it is "NOT the case"? Anecdotal evidence from a slow night on the server? Ridiculous. Did you go to each and every one of the planets, run a /who and count them all up? There's fluctuation on a daily basis. Monday night we had 30 or so people in Fleet on my server and last night it was around 70...oh, I guess that means server population more than doubled in 2 days!!! And I'm playing on a server that has ALWAYS been lower population than ones like Fatman because I chose it to avoid the queue issues at launch.

Fact is, you have nothing to go on...nobody does...and silly websites that pretend to graph it all based on the light, heavy, standard labels, not empirical population data, have zero informtion with which to adjust their samples to standardize the the definitions of light, standard and heavy. Moreover, they started from the holiday season when server populations were predictably extremely high because everyone and their mom was trying to play it during holiday/vacation, so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy situation to claim "oh looky, it dropped!"

People reach 50 and start leveling alts so you see a drop in Fleet population. Heck, people in my guild went and parked their toons at 50 and are now fooling around with multiple alts just to see what they like. Some people reach 50 and stop logging in every day, all day and start just logging in to raid. Content locusts finish everything with one toon and sometimes stop logging in at all until there's an expansion. Fact is, anecdotal evidence can only really tell you something generalized and global about players' USAGE, not actual population. And even THAT is making loose assumptions.

The only thing we'll be able to rely on is when BW releases information about subscription numbers. If they go up, they go up. If they go down, they go down. To early too tell.

I wish this guy would go play the game he loves so much and quit spouting his trademark "Doooooom dooooom" in every thread he perceives as negative.

Back on topic, my server is the same way. Pop is low every day no matter if it's peak hours or not. Getting a group is nearly impossible so I just gave up and skipped 95% of the heroics and FP's rather than stand around and spam for a group for hours on end.

This problem is a big reason I didn't resub for the second month along with a laundry list of other problems.

I thought it was a three minute wait? are you sure its 2 kills that dont count - or just that 3 minutes hadnt passed.

I may be three minutes or every other kill, either way on a small population server where we scrap the barrel for kills, its difficult to do anything when tasks ingame don't count because of some anti-farming mechanic. I understand rules are in place to prevent players gaming the system, but it hurts low pop more than the rest.

We don't kill trade on our server, if anything we outright despise each others side and we do whatever we can to prevent the imperials from farming us.