Gunslinger environment cover system

Karnivool

There should be an option to disable the environment cover system once you get your cover screen. i hate when the cover option pops just as you go to hit cover, then it rolls in right near the mobs you were about to attack :/ i know you could always select yourself first then cover, then reselect mobs after but when you're killing 19230573495837 mobs throughout the game that gets really really annoying.

There should be an option to disable the environment cover system once you get your cover screen. i hate when the cover option pops just as you go to hit cover, then it rolls in right near the mobs you were about to attack :/ i know you could always select yourself first then cover, then reselect mobs after but when you're killing 19230573495837 mobs throughout the game that gets really really annoying.

There's a skill for "Take Cover" and a skill for "Crouch." Using Crouch just drops your shield where your standing.

I really like the idea of rolling behind cover, but its terribly implemented. For the reason you said (rolling too close to mobs...god that used to happen to me all the time) and for the extra time it takes for your too roll behind cover (that's like half an aimed shot!).

I'd like to see a separate combat roll skill. Give it like a 15 sec cooldown and while your rolling you count as behind cover. Use it to jump behind cover or whatever.

Edited by Stupiddrummer

ahh kk. thanks heaps for the info :) yeah i liked the idea of cover. but in pvp it's just a waste of time you could've used an ability like you were saying. yeah a dive shot roll into cover would be awesome! hopefully devs see your idea and implement it haha :D

ahh kk. thanks heaps for the info :) yeah i liked the idea of cover. but in pvp it's just a waste of time you could've used an ability like you were saying. yeah a dive shot roll into cover would be awesome! hopefully devs see your idea and implement it haha :D

Haha, thanks. To be fair, i played the new WoW expansion at blizzcon, and the Monk class has a sweet combat roll. That gave me the idea >_>

Go to your abilities and take out "Crouch." Then move it to a quickslot - that should fix your problem

Edited by Elyons

Go to your abilities and take out "Crouch." Then move it to a quickslot - that should fix your problem

Or you can just redo the hotkeys - I swapped them so that F crouches and control-F dives into cover. No need to put Crouch on your hotbar, you'll need that hotbar space later.

Incidentally, if you Crouch behind natural cover, you get the same cover bonus as if you'd used Take Cover. The shields that appear over the heads of mobs you're facing let you know which ones you're getting the cover bonus against.

Edited by Grimgrey

1) Portable cover will never give you the protection that actual environment items do. It's much easier for elite/boss mobs to Expose debuff you when you're in portable cover than actual cover.

2) Corso's Harpoon is there for a reason. If your take cover will put you near the mobs then turn it on and/or use it manually on any melee mobs before you roll into cover to give yourself a safe place to roll to.

1) Portable cover will never give you the protection that actual environment items do. It's much easier for elite/boss mobs to Expose debuff you when you're in portable cover than actual cover.

2) Corso's Harpoon is there for a reason. If your take cover will put you near the mobs then turn it on and/or use it manually on any melee mobs before you roll into cover to give yourself a safe place to roll to.

1) It will if you use it behind natural cover as opposed to out in the open. It still shows as Portable Cover but it grants the benefits of natural cover.

2) The Harpoon is there so Corso can pull melee enemies off of you. Since he's ranged he can't really AOE aggro as effectively as can Bowdaar so the stray melee mob that runs for you instead gets pulled away. If you happen to pull aggro mid-fight against an elite or something, the harpoon comes to save the day.

Edited by Mapex

i just dont think the *rolling to cover* thing should be a part of the gunslinger class at all. scoundrels should have it because theyre kinda melee/ranged anyway.

in the description for the class it says "master of the trick shot". in the cinematic ("Return" ingame cinematic) the gunslinger never once drops a shield or hunkers down at all.

i kinda feel ripped off rolling a gunslinger.

the idea of going all cowboy is what made me want to roll one. probably most of you too..

but when i chose gunslinger as my advanced class, i found i still gotta hide and stay still for most everything i do. when i move or roll for cover it just leaves me open to die especially in close quarters... even in pve. i might aswell have just stayed with my empire sniper...i honestly feel lied to.

since corso is standing right beside you all the time, his harpoon just pulls everything right to him..and you.

no matter what you can make yourself get used to it still doesnt make sense for a "master of the trick shot" to hide behind a shield or stay stationary as much as a gunslinger is made to. "trick shot" implies they stay mobile.

the republic might aswell have just gotten a sniper class too. just take their guns away and give them a sniper rifle.

Edited by Anathar