Gear?

Abishi

I thought I once heard Bioware say the the best gear in the game was supposed to be player made.... but from what I have seen that is not even close to the case.... I feel that I have wasted my time as a craftsman when the best stuff comes from playing bazillions of war zones, something I just don't have the time to do, but still want to be competitive in PvP....have to say that I am very disapointed.

The best gear is orange gear that the crafter has critted on to add an augment slot.

The exception to that is the set bonuses from Columni/Rakata/Battlemaster and the devs have said that they are changing the gear to allow the locked mods as well as set bonuses to be transferred to new pieces.

- The set bonus of end gear purples (PVP and PVE) will be transferable to custom items.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1398252#edit1398252

In addition there are the Bind on Pickup Rakata belts and bracers that the crafters can make for themselves.

Do your research before you say you are disappointed, just becuse it will take a lot of work to make the best does not mean it's not there.

Edited by SirArion

Actually player made stuff isn't all that bad if you "can" get the right piece with the right stats.

To me, the player crafted stuff (the good ones with the right stats)

are better than the Tionese,

but slightly lower than columi, but also can be on par with the correct stats with augment.

There is a debate at the moment on how much accuracy you actually need,

and there are a lot of accuracy in some of the good gear.

even if you can get a lower primary stat on a piece,

but can drop the accuracy for another stat say power,

then it might be worthwhile.

I actually didn't use both of the Rakata implant from the Daily commendation,

and opted for a mastercrafted implant with all the stats I wanted.

The best gear is orange gear that the crafter has critted on to add an augment slot.

Well, other than weapons it isn't *yet* possible to crit on orange gear. And if/when it is, that'll largely be the death of crafting, not the salvation. Orange gear has no "level", and can be made cheaply and easily with virtually no crafting skill required, or time spent learning schematics.