If SWG & SWTOR Had a Baby....

Hunter-of-Jedi

It would be the greatest MMO ever.

Imagine adding the open world, sandbox (truly do what ever you want to do; just like in SWG) environment to SWTOR... not a completely merge mind you (SWG mechanics would NOT take over, so don't even start with that; this is just a point of reference to one of the best sandbox mmos that ever was).

But at level 50 -- player planets come into play just like SWG. Same SWTOR dynamic, story, gameplay; everything all the way to 50 as it is right now, but a whole new universe opens up at 50 and beyond.... (think expansions and add-ons several months from now, maybe years)

These areas are for the level 50's (end game content).... and it's basically SWG type content -- I won't go into all the details as there are so many aspects of SWG, but fans know what I mean and should get the idea. I'm not asking for SWG -- I'm asking for that open world feel -- because I hit 50 and it's been stale for quite some time. Just raids, same pvp matches again and again, and the more raids. Super stale to me.

When you get down to it, this game needs more end game content, and something SWG-ish would be perfect.

Again, don't jump on the "this will never be SWG" train and start beating a dead horse -- I know it's now, I know. But to say that this game should never ever ever emulate any single part of that game -- when it truly was a great game (not all the time, definitely not all the time) is idiotic. It had plenty of strong points and those no reason SWTOR can't strip those points and make it their own and improve upon them (like the appearance tab, that was a great idea, i might make a thread about it).

The game is 2 months old; and more content is to come, no doubt. I just like to throw "fantasy" ideas out there and see if anyone has the same crazy delusions I have. I'd love to keep coming back, but at this point, I can only bleed from my eyes so long (the raids, the raids, the raids!!!!) before I get tired and turn it off.

Think about it.

-Jancktor

/signed

This would have the potential to be truly life changing. I know I look back with rose tinted glasses, but the earliest years in SWG were the greatest time I had in an MMO.

Most of that wasn't from scripted quests or the game-on-rails we have here, it was from player made content, player made events and the community the players made themselves.

Combine that freedom with the production values of SWTOR and you have a convert here.

Don't get me wrong though, SWG was doomed to fail right from launch. I beta tested it and the level of incompetency the developers showed in testing and balancing leading up to release led me to pass on buying the game.

They released the game several months early, had faulty balancing methods, and so I just didn't feel like supporting their rushjob.

I really wanted to like it, but given the fiascos they had with NGE and other balancing over the years, I think I made the right choice.

I have played SWG for many years, pre cu, cu and Nge. But is it just me or was the SWG severly overrated? The endgame was modest (few toughies), pvp was poor at best (Restuss and Guildwars). also, the game has been full of bugs, exploits and imbalance (fotm) througout it's lifetime. The only thing I really give SWG above SWTOR is social (guilds, housing, events).

Had a great time, but that was due the people, bhing and some nice pve (DWB e.g.)

I don't fully agree with OP, but i agree if a game is themepark & sandbox the genre part is best possible for a mmorpg. But a game can fail or will be awesome on unlimited of other things.

The foundation of swtor is broken, the forums mentioned all the issues.

SWG had issues but was still a bit fun because of the freedom.

Edited by Rigota