Remove cap on affection

Cerion

I've reached the 10,000 pt cap on affection, and find it quite disheartening when I finish a long series of quests to have all my earned affection simply evaporate. It's as though part of my reward is denied for the work I've put in.

I'd love to see the cap removed.

Thanks.

To what ends? Would you find it acceptable to give companion gifts to all of your companions until 1 hour missions take 5 seconds to complete, and almost always critically succeed? Likewise on crafting always critting, and taking 1 or 2 seconds?

To what ends? Would you find it acceptable to give companion gifts to all of your companions until 1 hour missions take 5 seconds to complete, and almost always critically succeed? Likewise on crafting always critting, and taking 1 or 2 seconds?

huh? I was unaware that any of that happened. I just want the cap increased so I can keep the points I've earned. I don't care if it has any game effect or not.

huh? I was unaware that any of that happened. I just want the cap increased so I can keep the points I've earned. I don't care if it has any game effect or not.

While they are at it, I'm getting tired of killing Mobs and not seeing my Experience Bar move. If I mouse over it, I can see how much more Experience I need to level.

REMOVE LEVEL CAP TOO

Your Idea is strange, This must be your first MMO, everything comes in stages, and expansions, more affection will come, more story with them will come. They aren't going to remove the cap and not let the story progress.

While they are at it, I'm getting tired of killing Mobs and not seeing my Experience Bar move. If I mouse over it, I can see how much more Experience I need to level.

REMOVE LEVEL CAP TOO

Your Idea is strange, This must be your first MMO, everything comes in stages, and expansions, more affection will come, more story with them will come. They aren't going to remove the cap and not let the story progress.

No...not my first MMO. Far from it. It is my first MMO with an affection meter, however. And as far as I can tell, affection =/ experience.

Affection seems more like a point scoring system to me...like you'd get in Mario Cart or something, lol. Gaining affection is just upping the score, whilst gaining experience actually improves your abilities (or does in game terms). When I reach level cap on xp, I typically stop playing...unless there's something I can do that doesn't involve xp gains like crafting or such.

No...not my first MMO. Far from it. It is my first MMO with an affection meter, however. And as far as I can tell, affection =/ experience.

Affection seems more like a point scoring system to me...like you'd get in Mario Cart or something, lol. Gaining affection is just upping the score, whilst gaining experience actually improves your abilities (or does in game terms). When I reach level cap on xp, I typically stop playing...unless there's something I can do that doesn't involve xp gains like crafting or such.

Gaining affection is like Experience, your progressing your companions skills. Crafting Times are low, Mission times are lower, you have better chance of crits. Higher your affection the lower these become. So in a sense its similar to experience in the fact your progressing their skills.

Gaining affection is like Experience, your progressing your companions skills. Crafting Times are low, Mission times are lower, you have better chance of crits. Higher your affection the lower these become. So in a sense its similar to experience in the fact your progressing their skills.

I was unaware of that. I've rarely ever used my max affection companion for a crew mission, lol.

In that case, I wouldn't care if they capped affection's game effect. I mean, that's fine if they cap the game effect, but I'd still like to some how keep score of my total affection gained.

/shrug.

I was unaware of that. I've rarely ever used my max affection companion for a crew mission, lol.

In that case, I wouldn't care if they capped affection's game effect. I mean, that's fine if they cap the game effect, but I'd still like to some how keep score of my total affection gained.

/shrug.

A Daily mission where I could go into a phase with all my companions and own things up and EVERYONE got affection, this could be fun

A Daily mission where I could go into a phase with all my companions and own things up and EVERYONE got affection, this could be fun

well that's a whole 'nother suggestion thread. haha. I agree though.

It's weird. I feel as though I'll need to shelve my main character then until the affection cap is raised. I don't want to waste more points, and I don't want to use any of the other companions at this point. I know that seems drastic. Oh well.

I can move on to my alts and bring them along. I know at least one of my alts won't be maxing affection ever, haha...well, maybe if the right companion comes along.

Thanks for the info.

well that's a whole 'nother suggestion thread. haha. I agree though.

It's weird. I feel as though I'll need to shelve my main character then until the affection cap is raised. I don't want to waste more points, and I don't want to use any of the other companions at this point. I know that seems drastic. Oh well.

I can move on to my alts and bring them along. I know at least one of my alts won't be maxing affection ever, haha...well, maybe if the right companion comes along.

Thanks for the info.

You don't need to shelf the character, Ignore the affection gains that don't do anything, give your other companions Gift to help their affection.

But shelving your character will do nothing, but hurt you, it will make it so your don't experience the end game content properly, and when the cap is raised, you'll be forced to start from where you left off instead of being on top and jumping knee deep into the new content thats released.

Give yourself a Goal, cap out all your companions, use your craftskills wisely, ensure your sending the onces that give the best bonuses on the Epic Mission Discoveries so you yeild a greater return.

Are you kidding? DO NOT raise the affection, in fact lower it. One of the least favorite parts of this game to me is spamming presents to my companion or going thru conversations multiple times trying to get responses that are approved by my companion. What a waste of time, I'd rather be killing things with that lost time.

I feel like OP is saying that after you reach cap, they should still measure companion affection. It doesn't necessarily have to mean anything other than a tally of all points gained.

The same comes to mind about light/dark side points. After you cap points don't accumulate. What about grey? You're just at zero, there should be a recorded point system for how much blue and red points you gain. Then we can go to a grey vendor and buy a Grey IV Relic.

WHAT IF:

Point Gaining Systems (such as; Affection, Experience, Alignment, Legacy) Soft Cap instead of Hard Cap.

Let's apply this to a leveling system. Once you reach 50 you can then level to 50.90. The gap between 50.10 - 50.90 would be like leveling 1-49 again. At different intervals you would get a minute stat boost, whatever the fraction of the level.

Eventually we'll meet a hard cap but a recorded history of what we've gained would be satisfying.

I agree with the op. I would just like to know how mant points i got even if it looks like 12000/10000 or sometging so i can see the numbers. Expanding our companions with future updates would be good too! I'm all for that and enjoy this aspect very much in the game.