how can we save swtor?

yangclover

There are still bugs that need sorting out ,on the whole I don't think balance is bad at all. I plan on carrying on playing this as well as playing GW2 as long as bioware continue to improve the game. Tera ? Can't quite see that being worth playing for it's pvp from what I've Seen of it on various other sites.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs saving? The pvp is extremely fun in this game. Classes are balanced extremely well for a game that is just out for a month, bugs get fixed and come 1.2 we will have ranked warzones and no reliance on dailys for our gear progression.

This This This This!

Its on a good way. Its so much more fun than WoW . GW2 wont satisfy your expectactions. Because no game can. You will realize when gw2 is out how good balanced swtor is and that isnt that bad after all.

Im also for an Rated Team Deathmatch wz. I mean honestly thats the only thing everyone wants.

Just one thing i would like to add is a direct beam to Ilum. Why can every other end game activity started from the fleet expect pvp (okay wzs)

Redo resolve. Make the hybrid sorc/sage spec non viable. Give commandos/mercs a more complex rotation.

When rated warzones hit take a close look at guard/taunt to see if it needs nerfed. Until then it is fine.

Hardware optimization. Needs to be better.

"World pvp". They screwed that up when they created empire vs empire warzones.

The legacy system could help. Give republic awesome looking races and empire the most derp looking races ever. Bout the only way they are going to balance population.

Population needs to be fixed before "world pvp" ever works on most servers.

It isn't hard to fix this game. I just question at this point if the dev team is biased and clueless.

Well as to the population issue. I have heard that many PvPers have rerolled Republic because of this...more people to kill when your Rep.

My guild did this. I wasn't happy about having to do this I much prefer the lore and look of the Empire, but from a gameplay stand point we wanted more people to kill in world PvP so we rerolled Republic. World PvP is still kinda lame though even after doing this.

possibly with dev interaction

That is my big beef, I know this game is young and will have its problems in the beginning. But I'd like some feedback on what they are doing to address our concerns or at the very least explain why things are fine the way they are. But it seems the marketing guys have the devs on a leash and won't let go.

One small thing I'd like to see that would be a great stop-gap until cross realm comes out is to make it so same faction can face each other in Alderan or Voidstar. This would help with the 20 Hutt-ball matches in a row problem on servers wtih huge faction imbalances.

Just take all the cheaters out back and put a bullet in them, then Bioware will have more time to fix the other issues. Warzones are only broken because someone found a way to break them through constant exploit hunting. Many of us may leave if issues are not fixed. One thing I have noticed is Bioware is good at listening. They work hard trying to fix bugs for us, but they are having a ton of trouble with the cheaters, exploiters, and other such low life scum to the community.

I actually discovered the uneven teams exploit completely by accident when a party member was QQing about what WZ's he would play. You don't need to hunt such an easily recreated bug because most people that play a lot f WZ's will have caused it by accident at least once.

I really really wanted SWTOR to be really really good. For me personally it has fell short at this point, as my sub ends today, which honestly I feel a little sad about because I really wanted to continue playing. It's a wonderful game for the PvE crowd, and the story lines are defiantly like no other, which they for sure lived up to.

However, as my guild link would show myself and our small guild are die hard PvP fans since UO. There are a lot of things great with SWTOR's PvP, but there are more things holding back and hurting it right now that is outweighing the good to keep the PvP'ers playing. For me I honestly love ALL 3 warzones in this game. Things hurting the PvP right now turning off players are things like cheats/exploits, some slight class balance issues, the UI is a huge issue for many ( Skill response and Ui issues still have some problems, although it is defiantly better than the first few weeks of release), Illum really is a joke currently, it should be scrapped until it can be completely fixed and revamped in my opinion. Melee currently is at a slight disadvantage in many situations in my opinion. The 2 classes I prefer for my style are the Gunslinger/Sniper and Sent/Maurdarer ... both classes are currently have some disadvantages compared to other classes, however they can be overcome by a decent player to some extent at least. Not having a combat log is a HUGE turn off to most PvP'ers ... we want to SEE in numbers what we are doing.

Now, I am sure someone will quote this and comment with something like Go back To WoW nub etc etc ... but I am actually waiting on GW2 for now and was really hoping SWTOR would be able take me up to that point at least if not beyond. I don't wish failure upon BW and SWTOR and hope they can get things worked out for players coming in to the game in the future. I have a bad feeling their Game Engine is going to hold back on making the needed fixes possible howerver.

Edited by SarinX

I really really wanted SWTOR to be really really good. For me personally it has fell short at this point, as my sub ends today, which honestly I feel a little sad about because I really wanted to continue playing. It's a wonderful game for the PvE crowd, and the story lines are defiantly like no other, which they for sure lived up to.

However, as my guild link would show myself and our small guild are die hard PvP fans since UO. There are a lot of things great with SWTOR's PvP, but there are more things holding back and hurting it right now that is outweighing the good to keep the PvP'ers playing. For me I honestly love ALL 3 warzones in this game. Things hurting the PvP right now turning off players are things like cheats/exploits, some slight class balance issues, the UI is a huge issue for many ( Skill response and Ui issues still have some problems, although it is defiantly better than the first few weeks of release), Illum really is a joke currently, it should be scrapped until it can be completely fixed and revamped in my opinion. Melee currently is at a slight disadvantage in many situations in my opinion. The 2 classes I prefer for my style are the Gunslinger/Sniper and Sent/Maurdarer ... both classes are currently have some disadvantages compared to other classes, however they can be overcome by a decent player to some extent at least. Not having a combat log is a HUGE turn off to most PvP'ers ... we want to SEE in numbers what we are doing.

Now, I am sure someone will quote this and comment with something like Go back To WoW nub etc etc ... but I am actually waiting on GW2 for now and was really hoping SWTOR would be able take me up to that point at least if not beyond. I don't wish failure upon BW and SWTOR and hope they can get things worked out for players coming in to the game in the future. I have a bad feeling their Game Engine is going to hold back on making the needed fixes possible howerver.

K we get it, your sad cause you think it failed blah blah, well news flash it hasnt, alot and i mean ALOT of ppl love the game and understand its 2 MONTHS OLD, so best of luck in life and hope to not see you posting after today since your um sub is up right? k bye!

Game balance is actually the best of any MMO i think.And the classes

are fun to play in PvP. They just need to fix Ilum and give us way more wz and

better looking pvp gear that actually look star wars.And yeah give players little bigger healthpool.And resolve should kick in the same second the bar is full not 5 seconds later !

I actually discovered the uneven teams exploit completely by accident when a party member was QQing about what WZ's he would play. You don't need to hunt such an easily recreated bug because most people that play a lot f WZ's will have caused it by accident at least once.

after the first warning those that accidentally did it will stop doing it.... unless they are cheaters and cant win without an advantage.

Devs in any game have the ability to observe a player and see if the action is intentional. Usually the 3rd or 4rth time they do it the action is obviously intentional.

K we get it, your sad cause you think it failed blah blah, well news flash it hasnt, alot and i mean ALOT of ppl love the game and understand its 2 MONTHS OLD, so best of luck in life and hope to not see you posting after today since your um sub is up right? k bye!

Yes sir ... I assume I won't be posting once the time is up.

"You have 1 day of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code."

I am pretty sure I didn't say SWTOR is a failure ... matter of fact I think the PvE and story line in SWTOR is pretty dang good and is pretty satisifying.

I brought other points of concern as many others have for BW to hopefully see. K bye I guess? lol

I dont agree at all.

I think the PVP is a blast. I have enough of wow bgs and arenas.

We will soon get more warzones.

Whats needed is to fix class imbalance.

Make scoundrel and operative get some punch back, this needs an immediate fix (35% damage decrease to their crit openers since only a few weeks...this is INSANE nerf. Thje class is not even viable in PVE due to its poor dps and is not allowed to join tough raids).

Sorcs needs to be rebalanced for the sake of pvp. Remove bubble from base line and give it as a high tier talent in the healing tree: Problem fixed.

Lower the damage of tracer missiles and grav rounds.

Thats it really.

Edited by Waagabond

We can not. Game engine is its crippling point. They will tweak it some more but it will never perform as well as say a popular game that is 7 years old.

swtor's pvp is far better than wow's pvp even in its current state its much more fun.

stop trying to compare swtor to wow. world of warcraft is a terrible kids game and its boring as hell.

Ignorant comments like this make me lol, its been 2 months and your like ZOMG its already done, back to wow with ya plz, thanks...

See they arent Ignorant....i know of 4 out of 4 large pvp guilds and have heard of many others via hearsay that tried this game and left already because it was so dumbed down, if the big pvp guilds leave a game then its not a successful pvp game.

Even if you consider them elitist jerks they are groups of people who play MMO hardcore for the PvP, if they have already left the game they are unlikely to come back and hence it has failed at PvP.

Edited by da_krall

I dont agree at all.

I think the PVP is a blast. I have enough of wow bgs and arenas.

We will soon get more warzones.

Whats needed is to fix class imbalance.

Make scoundrel and operative get some punch back, this needs an immediate fix (35% damage decrease to their crit openers since only a few weeks...this is INSANE nerf. Thje class is not even viable in PVE due to its poor dps and is not allowed to join tough raids).

Sorcs needs to be rebalanced for the sake of pvp. Remove bubble from base line and give it as a high tier talent in the healing tree: Problem fixed.

Lower the damage of tracer missiles and grav rounds.

Thats it really.

+rebalance juggs/maruders and powertechs all of which have far to much damage compared to their defences and mobility around the battlefield.

Redo resolve. Make the hybrid sorc/sage spec non viable. Give commandos/mercs a more complex rotation.

this is funny. you want to make other classes boring as yours is now but yours more complex?

funny.

p.s. ofcourse your reason for this is sorc/sage hybrid being overpowered because hybrid doubles the amount of cc and utilities and damage.... *sigh* no clue but big mouth.

See they arent Ignorant....i know of 4 out of 4 large pvp guilds and have heard of many others via hearsay that tried this game and left already because it was so dumbed down, if the big pvp guilds leave a game then its not a successful pvp game.

Even if you consider them elitist jerks they are groups of people who play MMO hardcore for the PvP, if they have already left the game they are unlikely to come back and hence it has failed at PvP.

No they are, hands down, read the forums, Thanks!

+rebalance juggs/maruders and powertechs all of which have far to much damage compared to their defences and mobility around the battlefield.

I dont agree at all.

My vanguard have heavy armor, but that counds for nothing in 50% of the cases where elemental damage or mara, sentinel armor penetration plays in.

Maras and Sentinels are fine. They have sick damage WHEN they are on target.

However there is not one class in this game that cant kite them or get them off atleast for a short time.

If mara and sents damage was lowered it would be an utter useless class.

Juggs and guardians needs to have their aoe focus crit attack fixed it does too much damage.

But that they do alot of damage in defensive stance I find perfectly fine. They are tanks, no one said tanks cant hit hard, and they are not hitting that hard, its just that they survive so damn long that over time their damage is very high.

Most guardians that dont know how to play hits like a wet noodle, same goes for juggernauts.

Class balance is great apart from:

Too much nerf on operative and scoundrel, the earlier least played class in the game is now near none existent due to Bioware development team that apparently is not playing their own game.

Sorcs and Sages must be rebalanced, and I think the bubble is the main issue, and the 2 sec stun from lightning cage.

Remove the 2 sec stun and place bubble as a tier 5-6 talent in the healing tree: solved

Damage on grav rounds and tracer missiles needs a nerf.

Im pretty sure the surge nerf was especially aimed at classes as commando and mercs, and some melee classes, unf the other lcasses, including operatives was badly hurt by this as well, where they already was not doing much even when critting.

Start by fixing the obvious class imbalances, like above and then fiddle with the minor things.

There will always be some imbalance, but the blatantly obvious ones we see should be immediately fixed.

Or 40% sorc population only means that the class is " cool"...yeah..right.

Other then that, PVP in SWTOR have huge possibility and personally Im having a lot of fun.

2 more warzones and its cookie cutter.

then why are you wasting your time on the forums? If you dislike the game so much then go. I'm sure WoW would be so much better for you.

I'm sure that the developers are going to have special executive meetings to discuss the design flaws that you mentioned (wait you didn't) and ask you to work for them so they can learn how to properly design a game. Because obviously your years of designing MMOs has given you unique insight into their design process.

Seriously, we're only two months into release and all these WoW fanboys keep complaining how SWTOR isn't WoW in space. If you don't like the game then leave. Those who enjoy the game (warts and all) will be much happier without you.

^^This - well said sir, I salute you.

Thay not we can save it by making it something new and not a bad copy of WoW with voices and companions.

Thay need to start to rethink what thay want to offer to the lvl 50s.

Like someone said you cant beat WoW in making another WoW.

Something new needs to happen to this game for it to survive. After lvl 50 all u do is stand in a city queueing for something or stand semi afk in lium to get ur dailys done.

this is funny. you want to make other classes boring as yours is now but yours more complex?

funny.

p.s. ofcourse your reason for this is sorc/sage hybrid being overpowered because hybrid doubles the amount of cc and utilities and damage.... *sigh* no clue but big mouth.

I play a sentinel/marauder.

Played Sorc/Sage in beta. All the "CC" it picks up from hybrid spec requires no button. It is just stupid automatic procs.

There is no "exciting" spec of sorc. It is just a dumbed down shadowpriest from WoW anyway you slice it. Hell the lightning/tk spec is about the only challenge you can get out of it in pvp.

BTW if you were forced to go full balance/madness you would have another button to press...which means you are pressing the exact same amount you would if you are hybrid specced...

BTW if you find sage/sorc in anyway "exciting" or challenging? Pretty sure you have no clue and are horrible. But whatever. I had to TRY to die on the stupid class and it was obvious the devs never intended thehybrid spec to be leaps and bounds better then the pure specs (which is what they balanced the game around) in this game.

I mastered the exact same class in vanilla WoW....cept I had to shift in and out of shadow to heal and I had nowhere near all the instant cast CC or stuns or sprint...The class was easy back then without a gaming mouse. Now the class is simply a joke...

When the nerf hits? I will be laughing at you. I just hope they don't nerf it "to the ground" like they did with ops/scoundrels when all you babies cried about having a hard counter.