4 healers on both teams, nobody dies.

NoTomorrow

Any suggestions how to overcome such stalemates? No matter how much we focus their healers, they just don't die, not to mention the rest of the teams.

Yeah i know there is probably room for some better interrupts and CC, problem is THERE ARE 4 of them!! Same thing on our side.

Is this equation even solvable or just another fail on bioware's part?

Edited by NoTomorrow

The class which was designed to kill healers was nerfed. This will only get worse.

No, the class that was designed to kill healers is commonly regarded as weak in the first place and was buffed, despite being strong enough already- but nobody plays it because the style that is particularly efficient against healers is a) hard to play and b) doesn't generate OMG OVER 9000 crits.

Same thing happened in Warhammer: witch elf/witch hunter got nerfed 3 months into the game and Bam the bright wizard/healer train just crushed everyone. Game has never recovered from this.

Unfortunately for this game are bright wizard/healer combo is one class!

Same thing happened in Warhammer: witch elf/witch hunter got nerfed 3 months into the game and Bam the bright wizard/healer train just crushed everyone. Game has never recovered from this.

Unfortunately for this game are bright wizard/healer combo is one class!

Maybe you need a reminder about Bright Wizards.

Skip to 1:30 and remember that health pools were half as big.

If you fix some of the dps's utility to actually work the playing field against heals will start to level out. For example I know the Inquisitors and the Counselors have an interrupt that is supposed to silence the interrupted skill for 4 seconds. This secondary effect never takes place in PvP. I believe there are other classes with similar interrupt skills that do not work as well. if these were to be fixed a dps that knew how to use his/her utility in an offensive maneuver can compete against a healer. As for cross heals it would simple be left up to dividing the heals properly and who is interrupting/silencing when.

No, the class that was designed to kill healers is commonly regarded as weak in the first place and was buffed, despite being strong enough already- but nobody plays it because the style that is particularly efficient against healers is a) hard to play and b) doesn't generate OMG OVER 9000 crits.

I'll bite: which one do you have in mind?

The class which was designed to kill healers was nerfed. This will only get worse.

Mmm, i didnt notice a Marauder nerf...

Stick a Marauder on a healer and they are dead, i dont care what kind of crits heals they pull off. 1v1 a marauder kills any class they pick unless they are outmatched in skill & gear.

Edited by AKfourtyseven

yeah it will get pretty bad once its rated.

4 healers + all the shields and guards is pretty gg.

Will see how the good rated premades figure this out but i am pretty sure 3-4 healers will be desirable since Civil War and Huttball reward you for stalemate style of play.

IF there are 4 healers on each side, that means the damage on each side is too low. On the flip side, if there is too much dps per side and no healing, the ttk is grossly fast.

I am not sure I understand the problem. It was an unfortunate incident, but a rare one ...because given how bad healers are shafted in this game across the board, getting 8 healers in a random WF is not going to happen too often.

Also even with overlapping healing, if you learn to assist and interrupt.... you will still get through the healing.

I'll bite: which one do you have in mind?

Annihilation Marauder / Watchman Sentinel, I would imagine.

We have:

- Hard interrupt on 6s cooldown (talented)

- Point blank Force Charge on 12s cooldown (talented)

- Force Choke on 50s cooldown (talented; can't be used when Resolve Bar is full)

- A "Mortal Strike" debuff which recuces healing by 20% for 15s on a 12s cooldown

We're basically built for killing healers in this build and have a lot of tools to do so. Yet an average-skilled but well-geared healer can still tank us for a long old time before we finally whittle them down far enough.

To address the issue, I'd suggest either one or both of the following:

- Reduce or remove the bonus to healing gained from Expertise

- Have hard interrupts lock out the whole school of magic, rather than just the specific spell

Now before I get told to L2P, or learn which heals to interrupt and which to leave etc, please know that I can and do kill healers regularly. One with full Champion gear who knows how to use LoS etc can tank me or kite me for a good minute or so before I eventually whittle them down but I have done it on occasion.

Yet, as the OP says, a ring of four healers in an 8-man group makes it next to impossible unless you're in a co-ordinated premade or your pugs actually listen/attack the targets you mark up. Getting your 300k damage medal before you've even got your 10 kills medal is pretty lol.

Mmm, i didnt notice a Marauder nerf...

I suspect he's talking about the nerf to Surge. Since a lot of our damage relies on crit bleeds (which also affect our self-heal) the Surge nerf hit us fairly hard. Less than some classes (Operatives, for example), admittedly, but more so than others as well.

If you're talking about Watchman Sentinel/Anihilation MArauders, too bad it was in fact a small nerf on their dots despite being labelled as a buff.

And any good healer will run away from melee range asap and cry for rescue when being pound on, wether it be by dots (which can be cleansed/dispelled) or by omg smash crits (which hardly break 5K4 damage nowadays, not talking about loljugg/gardians which get a flat +30% damage increase on it)

Try again

Annihilation Marauder / Watchman Sentinel, I would imagine.

We have:

- Hard interrupt on 6s cooldown (talented)

- Point blank Force Charge on 12s cooldown (talented)

- Force Choke on 50s cooldown (talented; can't be used when Resolve Bar is full)

- A "Mortal Strike" debuff which recuces healing by 20% for 15s on a 12s cooldown

We're basically built for killing healers in this build and have a lot of tools to do so. Yet an average-skilled but well-geared healer can still tank us for a long old time before we finally whittle them down far enough.

To address the issue, I'd suggest either one or both of the following:

- Reduce or remove the bonus to healing gained from Expertise

- Have hard interrupts lock out the whole school of magic, rather than just the specific spell

Now before I get told to L2P, or learn which heals to interrupt and which to leave etc, please know that I can and do kill healers regularly. One with full Champion gear who knows how to use LoS etc can tank me or kite me for a good minute or so before I eventually whittle them down but I have done it on occasion.

Yet, as the OP says, a ring of four healers in an 8-man group makes it next to impossible unless you're in a co-ordinated premade or your pugs actually listen/attack the targets you mark up. Getting your 300k damage medal before you've even got your 10 kills medal is pretty lol.

^^^ Highlighted point is the ENTIRE problem with this.

I suspect he's talking about the nerf to Surge. Since a lot of our damage relies on crit bleeds (which also affect our self-heal) the Surge nerf hit us fairly hard. Less than some classes (Operatives, for example), admittedly, but more so than others as well.

Mm, ok that i can understand but the nerf to surge hit every single class so i didnt see that as a specific - i suspect he actually intended to use Operative as the healer killer and not Marauder like i have.

I take it upon myself to annoy the hell out of healers when playing my Jugg. I figure that forcing their healers to run around the battlefield doing nothing but trying to keep themselves alive and not having the time to heal anybody else is "win" for my team. Being immortal spec also means im really not going anywhere unless the team focuses me, at which point they arent focused on my teams big hitters which is the entire point!

Edited by AKfourtyseven

Well I dont know about you guys, but for me that would be an epic battle, no one is to die, so all the number should be high...

And this must be a rare matchup, I play on Jung-Ma and I rarely see more then 1 healer in a WZ, but its a matchup I would love to play !