When we getting a looking for group finder!

Honestly i hope never :( - but i dont think we will be so lucky

WoW did and hence - SWToR feel like they have to do it

The fact that people are too impatient to actually socialize with people to form groups saddens me...

And BW whatever you do, even IF you decide to make an autogroup function like WoW did - please dont make it cross server...

The real solution would be to have a LFG channel that is server wide. Right now you see 10-20 people per planet/zone. It's harder to get random social groups together for FP's that way. Make it a chat channel that you can leave if you want (turn on/off). But it would need to be server wide. That or we're whispering every player in the level bracket to see if they wanna go/what their spec is.

The real solution would be to have a LFG channel that is server wide. Right now you see 10-20 people per planet/zone. It's harder to get random social groups together for FP's that way. Make it a chat channel that you can leave if you want (turn on/off). But it would need to be server wide. That or we're whispering every player in the level bracket to see if they wanna go/what their spec is.

/cjoin 50lfg

It works on Bao-Dur and there is always a metric ton of people in there

it took a week or two adverticing in /general - but it works great

I personally will never use a instance/LFG finder if implemented.I have a very solid group of geared toons to do fps with.

On that note, I can see how instance / lfg finder would be nice for casual players.Though I can imagine there will still be unpleasent experiences.Imagine 4 toons going to kaon hm with 11k hp each lol. <<< thats when dungeon finder will be FTL

Edited by XaviourEQ

The fact that people are too impatient to actually socialize with people to form groups saddens me...

And BW whatever you do, even IF you decide to make an autogroup function like WoW did - please dont make it cross server...

It has 0 to do with impatience and everything to do with efficiency. Putting together a group shouldn't require players to sit idle indefinitely, hoping a tank or healer will happen by before the group breaks (or in the case of leveling, before a Flashpoint is made trivial).

A LFG Finder simply speeds up the group forming process so players can access the content they want.

Edited by GlennWippenberg

Bolded has nothing to do with the issue whatsoever. There is no correlation between social butterflies and finding groups. What if your server has few tanks, but lots of DPS and heals? Know all the people you want, but chances are finding a tank is going to be brutal. What if you play at odd hours? Well you've shrunken the pool even more.

Prior to forming the group, there is no real social interaction. Spouting something like "LFM XXX" is NOT social interaction. Sorry if you think it is. When does real social interaction happen? WITHIN THE GROUP. An auto-group function does not inhibit this.

An LFG tool is coming, as confirmed by Stephen Reid. In addition, it's going to be cross-server. Why? It just makes too much sense.

How the hell is posting LFG in general counted as socializing? Also some of us actually have jobs and lives outside of games and like to maximise our playtimes, as opposed to standing around on the fleet wasting our available playtime hoping to get a group going. If you want to socialize try stepping outside.

Hello everyone,

In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of LFD and Dungeon Finders. There is also another great ongoing thread regarding recent comments regarding cross server LFG tools. We kindly ask that you continue your discussion there. We will be closing this current thread. Thank You!