A few nagging questions about endgame

I apologize if this is a repost of a repost of a repost, but I was unable to find any concrete information on the forums and was hoping someone might be able to enlighten me:

Is normal mode Ops loot distribution currently working as intended? I only ask because it seems completely nonsensical to me that loot is entirely RNG based and that it's possible for a person to get 4-5 iterations of an item/schematic before somebody else gets their first. Further, what's with DPS gear being assigned to healing spec'd players, while healing gear goes to the DPS?

Has Bioware issued any statement with regards to implementing a /roll feature at any point?

What happened to "loot containers" that were talked about pre-launch? I distinctly remember developers discussing how each member of the raid would receive a container upon killing a boss that had the potential to contain a combination of class specific gear, consumables, commendations, etc...

I apologize if this is a repost of a repost of a repost, but I was unable to find any concrete information on the forums and was hoping someone might be able to enlighten me:

Is normal mode Ops loot distribution currently working as intended? I only ask because it seems completely nonsensical to me that loot is entirely RNG based and that it's possible for a person to get 4-5 iterations of an item/schematic before somebody else gets their first. Further, what's with DPS gear being assigned to healing spec'd players, while healing gear goes to the DPS?

Has Bioware issued any statement with regards to implementing a /roll feature at any point?

What happened to "loot containers" that were talked about pre-launch? I distinctly remember developers discussing how each member of the raid would receive a container upon killing a boss that had the potential to contain a combination of class specific gear, consumables, commendations, etc...

Default answer is working as intended; system is supposed to be set up for pugs due to the fact BW assumes anyone puging is to brain dead to understand need/greed/pass/MasterLoot/roll. And yes it is quite common in Normal modes for people to receive the same destiny loot multible times while others of the same class in raid who need it get nada

Edited by BMBender