A proposal for Ilum

Vykenos

An idea to "fix" Ilum: The purpose of this plan is to fix a few things with Ilum ranging from the the idea of armaments, imbalanced faction, and the focus on camping the central node promoting hopefully a less zergy play (or convincing the dominant faction to split up their zerg).

Changes needed:

1. North, Central. and South nodes all spawn armaments ?collectible only by the controlling team?.

2. The spawn rate (or # spawning) is determined by the total # of nodes controlled.

3. Death has a ?20? second grace period for granting Valor and Kill credit.

By adding armaments to each location AND determining the spawn rate of the armaments by the total nodes controlled it would better promote capping and then protecting those nodes. As it is right now most focus is put on the central point with stragglers capping the other nodes from my experience. This change would help promote roaming and transitional combat across the entire zone hopefully leading to things like ambush spots and more chance encounters of moving teams.

I included that the armaments are only available to the controlling team but that was just a side thought to ensure that it is really encouraged to own the point (and further rewards the increased spawn mechanic for owning more nodes).

Change #3 above is an additional change I think is needed to help Ilum combat as a whole. the current system promotes to safe of play that discourages all out fighting and really penalizes melee classes. With a grace period for valor and kill credit you can at least reward the melee who dives in to distract the other teams group and then dies for it by hopefully getting at least some of the credit his sacrifice enabled.

Would welcome any feedback.

Some good ideas, I made a similar post that if you die, there should be a period where you can still get credit for daily/weekly, and valor. Otherwise, melee leaves which means that the other side just rolls over healers and ranged classes. Seriously, BW needs to improve the pvp for melee, I feel bad for the people who roll melee and then in pvp get killed and no credit, while the rest of the team kills and gets credit for the player.

I think the fix would be even easier - just limit population (like instance) of 10 per side per instance (Ops). Late, late at night, it can be really really fun in Illum with about dozen on each side...

10 per side seems a bit low lol... its not a overly small zone