Shien form?

yoazzismine

So I'm already pretty high level and am doing the 18/23/0 (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500rMG0uMzZhGrMMhzzM.1) spec, and was wondering if I should divert 2 points to get Shien form (1 for Shien form and 1 for Single Saber Mastery) just to have the option of a little more DPS. I would probably take the points from Shield Specialization and Protector. I feel like it would be easier to make up the 2% endurance and shield chance through gear than it would the 8% additional damage. Any advice on this?

So I'm already pretty high level and am doing the 18/23/0 (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500rMG0uMzZhGrMMhzzM.1) spec, and was wondering if I should divert 2 points to get Shien form (1 for Shien form and 1 for Single Saber Mastery) just to have the option of a little more DPS. I would probably take the points from Shield Specialization and Protector. I feel like it would be easier to make up the 2% endurance and shield chance through gear than it would the 8% additional damage. Any advice on this?

Well, I haven't played around with Shien form a whole lot so I can't really speak to its usefulness, but I did notice one thing about your post. If you want to get Shien form you're gonna have to forfeit 4 skill points. Unless I recall incorrectly, you have to get all 3 points into Single Saber Mastery to even unlock Shien form.

Well, I haven't played around with Shien form a whole lot so I can't really speak to its usefulness, but I did notice one thing about your post. If you want to get Shien form you're gonna have to forfeit 4 skill points. Unless I recall incorrectly, you have to get all 3 points into Single Saber Mastery to even unlock Shien form.

Oh actually you are right lol, it does take 4 points! So I guess that kinda makes this irrelevant anyway unless I respec cause I only have 3 points left to spend! Thank you for alerting me to that though, I had never put any points in single saber mastery so i didn't realize it need all 3!

Oh actually you are right lol, it does take 4 points! So I guess that kinda makes this irrelevant anyway unless I respec cause I only have 3 points left to spend! Thank you for alerting me to that though, I had never put any points in single saber mastery so i didn't realize it need all 3!

Hehe yeah, sorry to burst your bubble! :p

I don't think Shien is worth the points if you are primarily an off tank using it for fights when you are just dps. You lose too much in order to get something that doesn't help you do your primary job.

You can still do the Vigilance heavy tanking build and do fairly decent dps in Shii-Cho form.

I would recommend something like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500dMG0uZhGMMrhdzMM.1

That build gives you better survivability with Commanding Awe (a flat 4% damage reduction!)

It also gives you some really nice dps with that force rush in there. You aren't getting as much from those points in Shield Specialization and Command. Ditch that and go up a tier in Vigilance for Commanding Awe.

Of course, I am assuming you are primarily a tank or off tank. I don't know why you would put that many points in defense otherwise...

Edited by RDeanOU

If you're going to be a hybrid tank no reason to take Shien, it would be a waste of 4 talents and just make your hybrid build weaker.

You want Shien in an offensive build in Vigilance, or Vigil/Focus hybrids -- which I've seen and came up with a few interesting builds for that.