Troopers spamming Grav Round

Celegos

I for one, am sick and tired going into PvP and finding a trooper, having them spam me with Grav round. I for one find this very annoying. They should put a CD timer on the skill, or nerf the attack all togeather. I'm sure I'm not the only one that hates this.

Probably the simplest attack to avoid, and quite frankly i laugh at the kids with no skill who stand there and use it. That Includes both troopers and Bounty Hunters. Do i think the skill could use some re-balancing, especially via talents? Yes i do, but its still a stupidly easy attack to avoid.

Probably the simplest attack to avoid, and quite frankly i laugh at the kids with no skill who stand there and use it. That Includes both troopers and Bounty Hunters. Do i think the skill could use some re-balancing, especially via talents? Yes i do, but its still a stupidly easy attack to avoid.

I agree. I almost cry at the stupidity of people who simply spam Grav Round/Tracer Missile for a whole PvP match

Why do you hate it so much? What if they just spammed Charged Blast instead? Its virtually the same attack. Are you saying Jedi, Sith, Agents and Smugglers don't have one or two attacks they just keep using over and over?

The facts of Grav round is, it is a setup attack that allows Troopers the chance to use other attacks, they don't spam it endlessly for 1 it costs ammo and is only usefull against a single target and requires a cast bar to use which can be interupted. Second without talents it is virtually identical to Charged Blast which has the same cast time and damage on it.

I see Sorc's doing nothing but lightning and aoe lightnign over and over and over again, I see BH's doing nothing but missle and flamethrower over and over and over again, I see smugs and agents jumping behind cover and using snipe over and over and over again, are we seeing a pattern here now?

How about we all sit down and just complain till we are blue in the face about the other guy spamming their main attack or setup attack, and then wait while the other guy counters and says they aren't spamming it, its just their setup attack. Yes you see Grav round grav round grav round, because it has an armor debuff on it and can give them chance to use HIB so that is of course the first couple attacks you will see, but what do they do once they already landed 3 grav rounds on you? Full auto? Plasma grenade? Hail of Bolts to keep people from using an objective? How is that any different then any other class in the game?

Sith are going to lightning kite and lightning kite and lightning kite and aoe lightning at objective points, Muaraders and Jugs are going to force leap and aoe attack, stun, attack.

Sorc's and Sage's are gonna bubble up and bubble up and bubble up, BH's are gonna Dot everyone with Fire and missles, fire and missiles, fire and missiles.

Why don't you look at the commands you spam at people before you start a thread complaining about people spamming an attack at you. This game doesn't have a wide variety of attacks, Everyone is spamming something because every skill tree is based around 1 or 2 attacks.

Educate yourself on the game mechanics of other classes before posting a waste of space thread like this.

BH's are gonna Dot everyone with Fire and missles, fire and missiles, fire and missiles.

No that's the fire spec of the Troopers/BH.

It's less destructive but more disruptive than the sit and spam grav/tracer spec.

No main spammable attack but interrupting them won't stop them much and they can run off while still firing their main hitters.

Edited by Gyronamics

I for one, am sick and tired going into PvP and finding a trooper, having them spam me with Grav round. I for one find this very annoying. They should put a CD timer on the skill, or nerf the attack all togeather. I'm sure I'm not the only one that hates this.

Let's nerf everything you find annoying. That's clearly a solution.

(*psst* - sarcasm)

Let's nerf everything you find annoying. That's clearly a solution.

(*psst* - sarcasm)

It's not like I'm saying nerf everything. Just seeing them constantly use Grav Round is like a Mage on WoW spamming Frost Bolt, or whatever the **** it was called. It gets annoying really fast

It's just a very shallow game in the first place. I play an AP PT even though I don't get the damage of Pyrotech whose only point is to use Flame Burst or Rocket Punch to proc Rail Shot. My job is to spam Flame Burst to stack Prototype Flamethrower 5 times for 50% damage increase. There's bascically only 4 classes in the game with a handful of cookie cutter shapes. And you gotta love the fact that everyone is loaded with CC. Bioware made this game using their rep as story crafters. Who the hell sees leveling as the most important thing in an mmo anyway? Having story makes it more palatable, but the dialogue is the same crap a thousand time over.