I'm a healer, and i want to do dailys

Motoeric

I do find it very amusing that I am supposed to be a healer. I always play healer or cleric. I have many chars in WoW and the same in Rift and when I heal I really heal, But at Level 22 here and a Sage with all my points in healing I do zero healing. My companion is 3836 health and my heals do 171 or 335 or 611. And the time it takes to cast the poor things dead. I just don't bother, and yet my Sentinel in Rift can replenish me almost fully even when Im playing high DPS with nothing in healing. The equiv Holy or Warden in WoW/Rift does serious healing. This character is a joke. I just don't see how I could group and keep a tank alive. So I won't bother. The damage is better, so I keep my companion alive with AOE blasts and lifting the main mob. I also don't get why he races to the lifted mob and doesn't go for the ones attacking me... And seriously can we get him to get on a lifting platform when I do. Its worse than being on the tram in WoW with my cat. I prefer my Warlock Felguard I have to say.. Way more responsive.

No doubt I picked the wrong char for healing. So I see myself more as a Shadow but I know Sage should heal. The tree doesn't grow fast enough either, its quite primative compared to the soul system in Rift. As ever though you don't need to spec up anyway and given the ride back to a trainer I don't train that much. Doesn't seem to affect the damage I do. And in this game you really don't have problems with elites like you do in Rift and WoW. The scaling of all mobs is way way lower in this game.

Yer doin' it wrong!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously, though, my main is a healer and I have no problems at all in the questing OR in PVP. Heck, in warzones I pull undisputed #1 MVP as often as not, thanks to 200-300K worth of heals.

For single heals though, give it time. I can pull 3500-4000 point heals no prob and even more with HoT effects.

Edited by Akiva_IC

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that as a Sorc, I have an easier time doing solo stuff as a healer.

I'm also using a dps companion.

I keep trying dps specs, but I always end up going back to the healing spec to solo.

Edited by Grotpar

if you as a healer can't solo the soloable dailies, a dual-spec will not help you

if you as a healer can't heal the 2/4 man dailies, a dual-spec will not help you

So you're saying that DPS and Healer class are the same?

(I'm so happy tonight we'll make tons of laughs on my blog reading fanboys "surreal" arguments)

In which way a dual spec can disturb the ones here saying "YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING AS HEALER!!!111!!!ONEONE"?

I'm curious.

I am one of those saying "you can do everything as a healer!!!111!!!ONEONE" as you put it.

In fact HC4 quests are faceroll easy as healer, and i WANT dual spec.

Stop generalizing.

Rotfl. Dual spec isn't only about soloing useless heroics +2 +4.

exactly. dual spec for me is more about variety. i dont always want to play my character the same way forever. sometimes its fun to change stuff up. i dont even really care about the cost, i just would like to be able to save an alternate spec that i could switch to without having to travel to the fleet.

soloing fine is subjective. just because you CAN do something as a heal spec does not mean you do it near as efficiently as another spec. way to make a completely useless response to a valid issue with your self promoting BS. you sir are the problem with mmo community.

Nice post indeed. Same goes for tank class as well. I am a DPS class and I speed through those quests with a lot of ease. A tank and healer also probably can do those but it will take them much longer because DPS is not there core business.

So for me it is a valid reason for requesting a dual spec for the solo play aspects of the game to provide same level of experience as dps classes.

Healer/tank classes are intended and essential for group play and group intended instances, quests, etc ....

Edited by pieteral

Rotfl. Dual spec isn't only about soloing useless heroics +2 +4.

Way to miss the point. Most of us are NOT against dual spec. Our point is you do not need to dual spec or respec dps to solo quests in a reasonable fashion. In fact, being heal spec actually makes it easier with less downtime. On top of that, any claims that it takes considerably longer as a healer are completely fabricated or being claimed by people with no idea what they are doing.

Nice post indeed. Same goes for tank class as well. I am a DPS class and I speed through those quests with a lot of ease. A tank and healer also probably can do those but it will take them much longer because DPS is not there core business.

So for me it is a valid reason for requesting a dual spec for the solo play aspects of the game to provide same level of experience as dps classes.

Healer/tank classes are intended and essential for group play and group intended instances, quests, etc ....

Good example of fabricating incidents of the complaint. Do you play a tank/healer or are you just assuming? Cuz you say you are dps, but appear to be attempting to speak for support roles.

My tank with a dps companion was soloing quests very quickly and easily without having to worry about adds or CC. I have played a tank, healer and DPS, and none of the classes has a distinct advantage as far as questing speed if you are playing your class properly and bringing the correct companion, as well as keeping that companions/your own gear current.

Again, for those who are not that great at reading comprehension: WE ARE NOT AGAINST DUAL SPEC! Dual spec is fine, it is coming, we will use it, it is great. HOWEVER you do not *********** need it to solo as a support class, bring the correct companion and l2p.

Edited by DragnHntr

On top of that, any claims that it takes considerably longer as a healer are completely fabricated or being claimed by people with no idea what they are doing.

If you say that soloing as healer is faster than with another class you're simply saying something untrue.

And now I'm asking myself if you're at least playing the game ^^.

Give me dual spec so i can do my dailys and still perpetuate my servers progression by healing.

because if you didnt know, doing dailys as a healer sucks.

this in itself is enough reason to allow dual spec

1) companions dont do enough damage

2) healers (although some are capable of burst dmg) are horrible inefficient questers.

3) i shouldnt be forced to find someone to group with for dailys, i mean thats ok sometimes, but it shouldnt be my only option.

Please pump out dual spec faster, and make sure that it saves your keybinds .

another lazy troll crying!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH AH AH A AHAH AH AHA HA HA

Cry Troll CRY !!!!!!!!

Edited by pinkink

If you say that soloing as healer is faster than with another class you're simply saying something untrue.

And now I'm asking myself if you're at least playing the game ^^.

I didn't say it is the exact same, we are saying it is not CONSIDERABLY slower. If you are bringing a dps companion, it is NEARLY as fast, in addition there is less downtime, and it is less dangerous.

Claiming you need dual spec to solo as a healer is ridiculous.

I didn't say it is the exact same, we are saying it is not CONSIDERABLY slower. If you are bringing a dps companion, it is NEARLY as fast, in addition there is less downtime, and it is less dangerous.

Claiming you need dual spec to solo as a healer is ridiculous.

Indeed I wrote : "Dual spec isn't only bout soloing useless heroics +2 +4"

With dual spec you can even try the SAME spec with different LITTLE changes.

I can still be an healer having a spec for PVP and one for PVE.

Or I can simply change from Healer to DPS if my guild needs, or my party is just in a bad situation.

Read what someone wrote before answering in improper way. :)

Why even have any class role outside instances then?

Basicly this is also a big reason why i am leaving the shift in the demographic of the usual mmo players these days is just not for me.

Edited by Varghjerta

I do my dailies fine as a pure sage healer, perhaps you need to work on your rotation.

I do however want the option to have multiple skill tree sets because my guild does not always need a healer and I like to be versatile with my best geared character.

The only difference between multiple skill tree sets and rolling a new character is the time sink which is actually a deterent to a vast portion of the MMO community.

The MMO community seems to be steering towards multiple trees because they have had it in other games and want it in all of them now.

Edited by Bluestone

Indeed I wrote : "Dual spec isn't only bout soloing useless heroics +2 +4"

With dual spec you can even try the SAME spec with different LITTLE changes.

I can still be an healer having a spec for PVP and one for PVE.

Or I can simply change from Healer to DPS if my guild needs, or my party is just in a bad situation.

Read what someone wrote before answering in improper way. :)

I don't see what heroics have to do with anything. Do you even know what thread youre posting in? Did you read the title and the OP?

Go reread the OP then reread my reply to you. This thread is about people crying that they NEED dual spec to solo missions as a healer. This statement is BS. OBVIOUSLY dual spec is about other things, it is these other things that are the reason we do want dual spec.

Once more: WE ARE NOT AGAINST DUAL SPEC, we are saying you do not NEED dual spec to solo missions as a healer.

I don't see what heroics have to do with anything. Do you even know what thread youre posting in? Did you read the title and the OP?

Go reread the OP then reread my reply to you. This thread is about people crying that they NEED dual spec to solo missions as a healer. This statement is BS. OBVIOUSLY dual spec is about other things, it is these other things that are the reason we do want dual spec.

Once more: WE ARE NOT AGAINST DUAL SPEC, we are saying you do not NEED dual spec to solo missions as a healer.

Try to read the first page, you'll surprisingly find 4/5 people speaking about heroics.

Really, what kind of fun people you find on the web. :o