I'm a healer, and i want to do dailys

Motoeric

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

soloing fine is subjective. just because you CAN do something as a heal spec does not mean you do it near as efficiently as another spec. way to make a completely useless response to a valid issue with your self promoting BS. you sir are the problem with mmo community.

Blah blah blah. Nope, you are.

Healspec means you heal, not do damage. The tradeoff of NOT being able to do DAMAGE PER SECOND as well as a DPS class is that you can HEAL.

A DPS may be able to kill that mob faster, but he is going to have some downtime between pulls that, as a healer, I don't have. I've seen DPS classes running the dailies and passed them up. Turned in my quests before they did.

Best of all worlds. My tank pet never dies and I can toss out dps and heal at the same time.

The grass is always greener for some people, though. They'll never be happy. Some classes have different advantages over others, and vice-versa. There is always a flip side to the coin.

Give me dual spec so i can do my dailys and still perpetuate my servers progression by healing.

because if you didnt know, doing dailys as a healer sucks.

this in itself is enough reason to allow dual spec

1) companions dont do enough damage

2) healers (although some are capable of burst dmg) are horrible inefficient questers.

3) i shouldnt be forced to find someone to group with for dailys, i mean thats ok sometimes, but it shouldnt be my only option.

Please pump out dual spec faster, and make sure that it saves your keybinds :)

Ummm, healers are the best solo class. If the dailies are easy, just use a DPS companion. If difficult, tank. /boggle

Im a healer... im also against duel-spec. Why? Because healing isnt just about mashing buttons no more than tanking is. Id hate to be in a group with a healer that lvl'd to 50 as dps and suddenly wants to heal an Operation.

ps: Yes i will use it if its released... Just to have 2 different healing builds.

It is, but some people just dont like the idea that it might take them a little bit longer to kill something as a healer, they want to be as powerful as a DPS but still be a healer that can fully heal someone during every stage of the game.

But at the same time as a HEALER I can take on bigger targets...

Never been a issue for me /shrug

One thing I LOVE about this game healer can do damage too...

First pet under the sages.. RULES... Just remember gear them...

Edited by BitterPill

So what, I can do 4 Heroics solo (as long as the objectives do not include fighting)... Stealth class for the win!

dxmm, that's why so many stealth class players,

BW , let us to transfer AD for free,

or just cancel AD and skill tree.

Yeah, no. I regularly do dailies as my heal spec, and you are at no noticable disadvantage. If someone is following the same route as me as dps or tank, I'm either right with them the whole time, or actually pass them. If you're having serious trouble just doing dailies, you're doing it wrong.

There may be good reasons for dual spec, but this is definitely NOT one of them.

Yeah, no. I regularly do dailies as my heal spec, and you are at no noticable disadvantage. If someone is following the same route as me as dps or tank, I'm either right with them the whole time, or actually pass them. If you're having serious trouble just doing dailies, you're doing it wrong.

There may be good reasons for dual spec, but this is definitely NOT one of them.

^ This

At every stage of the game my healers have been able to do things at least as efficiently, if not faster than other classes/specs. The healer has the most flexibility as long as they know how to use the skills at their disposal. That includes intelligent pulling, proper CC, aggro bouncing, interrupts.... if you're just using a tank pet and watching tv.. sure it's going to be slower....

I can't wait for dual spec either but it's not because I feel weaker as a healer. If anything I'd like to have the healer option available on my dps classes so I can do the same thing on tougher fights.

My pure healspec sage solos everything fine.

Same... not sure what the OP is qq'ing about.... Unless he expects to one shot stuff. (shrug)

If your companions are doing bad DPS then you need to upgrade their equipment

Edited by Monoth

Try using your companion to tank or DPS for you while you heal him. YOu dont need duel spec

That takes ages and ages and ages.

I had to re-spec to DPS on my Sage because it takes way to long to do dailies as a healer.

Because YOU don't mind that it takes 4 times as long as a DPS does not mean the rest of us like it.

That takes ages and ages and ages.

I had to re-spec to DPS on my Sage because it takes way to long to do dailies as a healer.

Because YOU don't mind that it takes 4 times as long as a DPS does not mean the rest of us like it.

Then you're doing something wrong. A dps player with any companion will have downtime between fights, and will have trouble with adds and may have to CC elites. A healer player with a dps companion can steamroll through any groups with minimal downtime. The total time to complete the missions should be very similar with the healer having less trouble doing it.

If you were seriously taking 4 times as long, i can't even imagine how you were playing it. Were you using a healer companion and dpsing yourself? Were you using a tank companion on regular solo missions? Were you using a dps companion but not helping them dps? Clearly something was drastically wrong if you were doing that terrible. Either that or you are greatly exagerating to try and make a point... but who would do that? :rolleyes:

Then you're doing something wrong. A dps player with any companion will have downtime between fights, and will have trouble with adds and may have to CC elites. A healer player with a dps companion can steamroll through any groups with minimal downtime. The total time to complete the missions should be very similar with the healer having less trouble doing it.

If you were seriously taking 4 times as long, i can't even imagine how you were playing it. Were you using a healer companion and dpsing yourself? Were you using a tank companion on regular solo missions? Were you using a dps companion but not helping them dps? Clearly something was drastically wrong if you were doing that terrible. Either that or you are greatly exagerating to try and make a point... but who would do that? :rolleyes:

You have never played a Sage DPS, almost 0 downtime

You have never played a Sage DPS, almost 0 downtime

Actually I rerolled my dps sorc to heal spec. I changed my tank pet to a dps pet and did not notice a significant increase in time to complete quests.

NO class has very much downtime due to the fact that you can rest full in just a few seconds. Also, even that little downtime can be avoided (by healing instead of resting) and you don't have to be so careful since you can easily heal through adds etc.

The main point was that there is not some big discrepency in the amount of time it takes dps players and tank/healing players to complete quests due to the companion system, and the smaller gap (in this game) between support dps and main dps in general.

I don't think hardly anyone in this thread actually said that they don't want dual spec or shouldnt have it, it will be good to have overall. It is just that claiming you NEED it to quest as a healer? That is a flat out lie and basically is just saying you don't know how to play.

Im a healer... im also against duel-spec. Why? Because healing isnt just about mashing buttons no more than tanking is. Id hate to be in a group with a healer that lvl'd to 50 as dps and suddenly wants to heal an Operation.

ps: Yes i will use it if its released... Just to have 2 different healing builds.

i did that, and it worked out fine. if thats why your against dual spec then it makes me wonder why other people are against dual spec

ps: its dual* lol

Edited by Motoeric