I'm a healer, and i want to do dailys

Motoeric

Give me dual spec so i can do my dailys and still perpetuate my servers progression by healing.

because if you didnt know, doing dailys as a healer sucks.

this in itself is enough reason to allow dual spec

1) companions dont do enough damage

2) healers (although some are capable of burst dmg) are horrible inefficient questers.

3) i shouldnt be forced to find someone to group with for dailys, i mean thats ok sometimes, but it shouldnt be my only option.

Please pump out dual spec faster, and make sure that it saves your keybinds :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

soloing fine is subjective. just because you CAN do something as a heal spec does not mean you do it near as efficiently as another spec. way to make a completely useless response to a valid issue with your self promoting BS. you sir are the problem with mmo community.

soloing fine is subjective. just because you CAN do something as a heal spec does not mean you do it near as efficiently as another spec. way to make a completely useless response to a valid issue with your self promoting BS. you sir are the problem with mmo community.

Nice :D I approve of this post, honestly the game has its fair share of problems, but the community is almost just as bad sometimes, defending and rationalizing everything. IMO they are part of what will hold this game back and kill it, its already slowly dieing

I do find it very amusing that I am supposed to be a healer. I always play healer or cleric. I have many chars in WoW and the same in Rift and when I heal I really heal, But at Level 22 here and a Sage with all my points in healing I do zero healing. My companion is 3836 health and my heals do 171 or 335 or 611. And the time it takes to cast the poor things dead. I just don't bother, and yet my Sentinel in Rift can replenish me almost fully even when Im playing high DPS with nothing in healing. The equiv Holy or Warden in WoW/Rift does serious healing. This character is a joke. I just don't see how I could group and keep a tank alive. So I won't bother. The damage is better, so I keep my companion alive with AOE blasts and lifting the main mob. I also don't get why he races to the lifted mob and doesn't go for the ones attacking me... And seriously can we get him to get on a lifting platform when I do. Its worse than being on the tram in WoW with my cat. I prefer my Warlock Felguard I have to say.. Way more responsive.

No doubt I picked the wrong char for healing. So I see myself more as a Shadow but I know Sage should heal. The tree doesn't grow fast enough either, its quite primative compared to the soul system in Rift. As ever though you don't need to spec up anyway and given the ride back to a trainer I don't train that much. Doesn't seem to affect the damage I do. And in this game you really don't have problems with elites like you do in Rift and WoW. The scaling of all mobs is way way lower in this game.

I haven't gotten to the end yet, but are these 'dailies' that I keep hearing about 2+ quests that everyone just solos, or are they truly just solo-able dailies?

It's basically the same like it is when levelling. Some quests say 2+ but some players have no trouble with them, while others have.

Isn't this exactly why everyone has a companion? So healers/tank can do solo content without having to respec?

It is, but some people just dont like the idea that it might take them a little bit longer to kill something as a healer, they want to be as powerful as a DPS but still be a healer that can fully heal someone during every stage of the game.

Isn't this exactly why everyone has a companion? So healers/tank can do solo content without having to respec?

The problem with companions is they dont do enough damage. Seriously, they all suck. The only companion whos really worth having out is a healing companion. They account for i would say 25-30% of your damage if you and your companion are both equal gear and dps spec.

Theres no reason to not want dual spec, you stubborn republicans destroy these forums from discussing anything relevant.

Incorrect. That is one of the perks of companions. Not WHY we have them. Companions are for added depth to single player story and game play. As I said, this post is not saying they can't, only that they can't perform as efficiently as others can.

Give me dual spec so i can do my dailys and still perpetuate my servers progression by healing.

because if you didnt know, doing dailys as a healer sucks.

this in itself is enough reason to allow dual spec

1) companions dont do enough damage

2) healers (although some are capable of burst dmg) are horrible inefficient questers.

3) i shouldnt be forced to find someone to group with for dailys, i mean thats ok sometimes, but it shouldnt be my only option.

Please pump out dual spec faster, and make sure that it saves your keybinds :)

I leveled 10-50 as a pure healer (sorcerer). I have done all the dailies multiple times, as a full healer, and had no trouble. Your problem is you seem to be expecting to be able to do them as fast as a DPS class can do them, which is not the case, nor should it be.

You can do them, they just take a little bit longer, but not much. I can do all the ilum dailies (minus the heroic 2+), and all the belsavis dailies (yes, including all of the heroics) as a pure healer with a tank companion.

Edited by jgoldsack

The problem with companions is they dont do enough damage. Seriously, they all suck. The only companion whos really worth having out is a healing companion. They account for i would say 25-30% of your damage if you and your companion are both equal gear and dps spec.

Theres no reason to not want dual spec, you stubborn republicans destroy these forums from discussing anything relevant.

I have said ages ago that SWTOR should have dual spec as soon as possible... On the companions, I would say the worst companions are the tanking ones, they just suck (it is a huge difference to the not so well doing DPS companions).

There are around 11 solo dailies

2 H2+ dailies

2 H4 dailies.

There is no reason you can't do the 11 solo dailies they are all very easy.

The H2 and H4 dailies can also be done, though less easy, but then again these are quests that ARE designed for a group to do.

If you are still having trouble GET A GROUP and blow through all the quests in about 90~120 mins.

When you're solo as heals with a DPS Companion, don't just stand there and heal, play your character as a DPS and toss yourself and your companion the occasional quick heal to stay alive.

All DPS companions are not created equal. Some are better than others, check your class forums to find out which perform the best.

A viable strategy might be to maintain a set of presence gear in your bag for dailies in conjunction with a well geared DPS companion. Involves datacron hunting (presence), crafting blue+ level 50 gear with augment slots (presence) and popping a presence stim.

http://r2-db.com/questions/1399/what-is-presence

Taken from R2DB: Georg Zoeller: "In Star Wars: The Old Republic, improving your character’s Presence attribute, which governs healing ability, also improves the character’s active companion in various ways. Coupled with the ability to adjust companion behavior and equipment, this enables the player to function as a healer; even in solo situations."

Yes, dual spec would be easier than farming a set of presence gear, but at least it gives you something to do. It is an option.

Edit: In fact, savvy healers would take advantage of maintaining a presence set to use their two future dual-spec slots on different heal builds (PvE/PvP).

Edited by Zannis

I disagree, healing companions are terrible, their healing is abysmal. My tank character uses a dps pet and their dps is actually quite good of you gear them out. I can do solo quests faster then a tank/healer companion combo, and safer then a dps character with either companion. I fail to see the problem.

Sure its slightly slower then a dps character with whatever companion, but youre not gonna die if you get adds, or if you don't CC or whatever. Its not like its WoW and your healer character kills half as fast as a dps, its really quite efficient.

I also never said I was against dual spec, on the contrary I am looking forward to it, but it will be for pvp or running instances. Saying you need dual spec to solo missions is a ridiculous exageration.

Edited by DragnHntr