Bonus Missions not Series

Kazlowe

Is there any incentive to do bonus missions objectives to regular and heroic missions other than exp reward and a bit of added story/coolness? Same question sort of applies to bonus 'series' questlines.

Doing them doesn't seem to affect any completionist goals other than the personal satisfaction of having done them.

I'm tired of leveling so fast and trying to slow it down a bit on my alts.

I am currently leveling up my 3rd character and at this stage I am skipping all bonus quests - heroics - and on some planets all side quests entirely - focusing solely on the class quests and I am still 1-2 levels above my class story the whole way through.

So no - there is no incentive to do the extra stuff at all really!

Bonus missions: Commendations, sometimes some extra gear as well.

Bonus series: Mostly for the <named> companion gear, also for some additional commendations, sometimes just for fun.

By lvl 47, most people will benefit from having done all the bonus series, those few extra levels will make all the difference in downing certain encounters on your class-arc.

I found an interesting blog that pointed out the benefit to bonus mission objectives and bonus series quests. The ability to tailor your leveling experience to make it as hard or easy as you want. That's really the point of my post, but it never occurred to me that the system was probably designed around it.

I just want to be sure I'm not missing out on anything I guess.

Thanks for the feedback, all.

I always got good gear from the bonus missions, and I never knew if there was anything for doing them all so I always made sure to do them. Also, in many of them, the characters imply you will keep in touch and have some kind of future encounters.

My best guess is for one of the expansions they will build upon these bonus series. They left it open probably on purpose.