Quests that can not be abandoned

Kerrunch

There are quest that I can not abandon.

I prefer to not do quests after they fall into the green or grey and yet I have no choice. I now have NINE quest, ALL MULTI STAGE time consumers, that I can not abandon.

Which means that I am limited as to how many new quests I can pick up. Now I'm being FORCED to go back and drive all over these planets for a few hours to finish these useless quests.

Please change this.

Edited by Kerrunch

You're not being forced to do them. You can just hide them and it'll be like they're not even there.

I agree that they should be abandonable, though. It's not even about the grey issue, but I often finish my class storyline on a planet before some of the other crazy-long missions that I no longer want anything to do with.

You're not being forced to do them. You can just hide them and it'll be like they're not even there.

True, I'm not being forced. Of course the quest log size is limited so... I have to clear them to make room. Therefore being forced to do them.

I agree that they should be abandonable, though. It's not even about the grey issue, but I often finish my class storyline on a planet before some of the other crazy-long missions that I no longer want anything to do with.

I think you said the same thing. I just added more detail.

I've completed bonus missions that were attached to my story missions, only to have them come back to mission log after a maintenance at 0/25 kills or whatever, and with no way back to the phase with which they're connected, because the main story mission is complete.

So I can't drop them and I can't go back and clear them myself.

Edited by marshalleck

I have 2 Nar Shaddaa quests on my lvl 31 commando that I cannot abandon. Since they're grey, I don't really want to go back to do them. But for now, it's only 2... and I just minimize the Nar Shaddaa quests in my log.

I also have one class quest that's a bonus that I didn't complete. It was on the one ship, to "stay alert" but I didn't get it, and I can't abandon it or complete it since I handed in the quest that would have gone with that bonus.

But I would like to be able to abandon them.

I am 50 now and have at least 14 I can not abandon. There is a limit of 25 quests, so I have often run out of free space for quests. Many of us have been forced to do them, which is ridiculous.

BW should fix it so we can abandon. A short term solution is to raise the max quest cap until they fix the actual issue.

There are quest that I can not abandon.

I prefer to not do quests after they fall into the green or grey and yet I have no choice. I now have NINE quest, ALL MULTI STAGE time consumers, that I can not abandon.

Which means that I am limited as to how many new quests I can pick up. Now I'm being FORCED to go back and drive all over these planets for a few hours to finish these useless quests.

Please change this.

You should make a detailed post about which quests these are (name, planet, faction, level, etc.).

It's not enough to come here and complain about something without giving any specific details if you want them to fix the problem. I have never encountered this problem (but I know others who have) and I suspect the problem is is on a quest by quest basis, so they need these details.

Get others to list their un-droppable quests as well and make a compendium so the devs can know how where to go to target these quests.

Then copy your list of quests into a bug report to ensure extra exposure to people that can actually help.

People need to recognize the "help me help you" mentality goes a long way in getting solutions. *sigh*

You should make a detailed post about which quests these are (name, planet, faction, level, etc.).

It's not enough to come here and complain about something without giving any specific details if you want them to fix the problem. I have never encountered this problem (but I know others who have) and I suspect the problem is is on a quest by quest basis, so they need these details.

Get others to list their un-droppable quests as well and make a compendium so the devs can know how where to go to target these quests.

Then copy your list of quests into a bug report to ensure extra exposure to people that can actually help.

People need to recognize the "help me help you" mentality goes a long way in getting solutions. *sigh*

This doesn't help. I've created three tickets including the above information. All the responses I've received have been "We forwarded this info to the appropriate people yada yada yada. We can't remove them from your log."

They know there's a problem. They fixed Tatooine bonus quests this week. I still can't abandon non-bonus Tatooine quests. I just don't understand how this can be so difficult to fix.

Make every single quest in the game abandonable. Problem fixed.

Help me help you?

They have access to look at my account so they can tell exactly what quests can and cannot be abandoned. Maybe they should stop being lazy and expect us to do everything for them.

If I recall this issued was said to be fixed in some patch. Well some quests were but many were not so it wasnt fixed.

I people are complaining that quests can not be abandoned then they need to go through every quest in the game and not just the ones that we tell them about. Really how hard is it for them to do their job.

This doesn't help. I've created three tickets including the above information. All the responses I've received have been "We forwarded this info to the appropriate people yada yada yada. We can't remove them from your log."

They know there's a problem. They fixed Tatooine bonus quests this week. I still can't abandon non-bonus Tatooine quests. I just don't understand how this can be so difficult to fix.

Make every single quest in the game abandonable. Problem fixed.

Well let me clarify that when I mentioned copying it into a report, I meant that in addition to creating a list on the forums. Get the maximum number of eyes on these particular quests. Yes they know there is a problem, but they might not be aware of each and every quest that needs this fix.

I'm not defending the situation, I'm just pointing out that I see people complain about this all the time, yet they never provide the kind of information that helps resolve the issue.

Someone should make a compendium of non-abandonable quests (the kind of thing that gets stickied and noticed by Bioware's forum readers).

Edit: it sounds like you posting a bug report did get this to the people that can fix something, even though the actual bug report reader couldn't instantly make the hotfix.

Help me help you?

They have access to look at my account so they can tell exactly what quests can and cannot be abandoned. Maybe they should stop being lazy and expect us to do everything for them.

If I recall this issued was said to be fixed in some patch. Well some quests were but many were not so it wasnt fixed.

I people are complaining that quests can not be abandoned then they need to go through every quest in the game and not just the ones that we tell them about. Really how hard is it for them to do their job.

Man hours.

If I were a dev and were trying to decide between (1) spending 100 hours of my time going through every quest and quecking the code looking for several needles in the haystack (during the second month of the game mind, when there are lots of things they could be fixing), or (2) spending 100 hours fixing something else where a higher % of my time is productive, which will I choose?

However, if they can fix something quickly because someone provided them information on where to target the problem (when that player had the information available and could convey it in 5 minutes time), then they just might do it and give the OP and others like them what they are asking for.

Again, I'm just making a suggestion. People are welcome to feel entitled, but it seems to me there is a way to speed up the desired results, at least as to this problem.

Anyway, I'm heading home, but these types of complaints have nagged me, and I wanted to add my two cents.

I have 9 quests currently that I am unable to abandon, which hurts when the quest log is limited to 25. I agree with all the posts above. There is no reason to not allow a quest to be abandon, with perhaps the exception being the class quest which is required to advance.

I refuse to go back and do useless quest chains that are grey and on planets I did not want to do.

As for logging the specific quests... I have done so as both a bug report and a suggestion. The automated response assured me it has been forwarded to the appropriate party... It assures me of that each time I log it.

How many times does one need to log it for it to get a response? I know every person in my guild has run into this, and I encouraged all of them to log it as a bug, but most of them have replied with "you just get an automated 'we don't care' response anyways."

I hope a lot of people respond to this and all the other similar posts, as well as log it in game, so that it gets fixed.