Bags of Disappointment

OpenSorce

i have gotten 2 actually in the 20 some odd bags i have opened. A head piece which sucked because i mistakenly bought one with commendations instead of the token( i felt like an idiot at was pretty unhappy) and some leggings which was my 3rd set. So for me they are dropping like they did before the fix, few and far between.

How can you have 0 tokens for champ gear when EVERY bag gives 15 cent commendations and 7 champ commendations.

Ahh, tokens.

Who CARES about tokens now dude. You BUY the gear from the commendations.

They might as well remove the tokens.

Stop crying.

They have lowered the token drop rate but instead given us MASSIVE commendation drops compared to earlier.

Earlier it was 3 cent commendations per empty bag.

Now its 15 cent and 7 champ commendations.

If you dont like this then you are either a new lvl 50 that didnt know how it was earlier, or you are just plain childish.

Oh i just did the math this morning out of curosity. I purchased a Cham chest peice (67 comms) and have 122 comms saved up for the weapon. then did a /7.

I have full centurian armor already, and cent weapon, but this thread was up so I contributed to the thread. Not QQing or anything, just pointing out that I'm on 27 bags and 0 tokens for gear.

Jeeze, quit trying to read more from my posts than what's already there, k?

From the 1.1.2 Patch Notes (emphasis mine):

"Champion bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations and 7 Champion Commendations, and the chance to obtain a direct trade item token has been reduced. Battlemaster bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations."

Edited by Montbrun

Who cares if you get a champ drop now or not, instead your farming attempts bare fruit, as compared to earlier.

My 50 earlier had 30 bags with 2 drops. weapon and an implant.

That was together 86 cent commendations.

Had I had 30 bags now with NO drop, I would have had 450 cent commendations and 210 champion commendations.

I would have been in full set instead of running around in 2 pieaces of champion and just be able to buy 1 pieace of cent.

Stop bloody complaining, they did the right thing. Gridning bares fruit and luck have not so much effect anymore.

I get really pissed off with these kind of childish threads.

It was an awsome implenentation that they did instead of the earlier extremly bad RNG.

At rank 50 I still had mainly lvl 49 pve gear as I had only managed to get a handful of pieaces, while I saw bloody duelists near rank 20 in full champion gear.

Leave the game and play wow please. Your comments are definately not noted by any hardmode pvper such as myself.

You are the only one complaining. The thread was to see if gear tokens still dropped. Maybe that last wz you rage quit from has you so mad you cant read.

0-12 right now, i'm still happy for my 2champion and 3 centurion pieces( i think) so its not all bad. I just get so ecited to open a bag only to see 15/7, i then throw a few expletives around and go back to pvp grinding. At least i've gone from 12000+ hp to 15000+ hp for all those bags so like i said not all bad. I literally think i would be happy with a 1 bm for every 10-15 bags, atleast i would know "i'm almost there" the way it is now i have no idea, it could be 1 bag away it coud be another 20 bags. If it was a solid number i dont think there would be as many complainers, they would at least know a number they are working towards right now its just hoping........not good.

Damn Evil Santa, I only opened 15 and had no luck. 35 you say? Hope my luck is better then yours :p. Don't think the system is wrong but it would be good for moral to get a drop at least once in 10 bags (make it 15 at least :D)

I just wish i could pre-stock BM bags for that RNG grind.

Edit: Bag # 36 contained a main-hand weapon.

Edited by Evil_Santa

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012

Gabe Amatangelo: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes.

:)

Has anyone seen a gear token drop from champion bags since they increased the Centurion and Champion Commendations? If they don't drop gear anymore I'd love to know.

Yeah I got an earpiece and a belt. Annoying really because what I'd really like is some gloves or a head piece for the enhancement but I guess it's only a few more dailies and I can buy it.

Full Champion but still 6 ranks from Battlemaster :(