Bags of Disappointment

OpenSorce

Has anyone seen a gear token drop from champion bags since they increased the Centurion and Champion Commendations? If they don't drop gear anymore I'd love to know.

They do. I got an offhand and some boots.

Pretty rare though. I like this system.

I like this system better. In a way they made it harder to get armor now. I don't like the idea of getting cent coms tho its just a waste. Since companions are useless and when you get the next level of armor cent is useless the coms are useless so you should just get like 10 champ per bag and small chance of armor or something.

I am full Centurion with Champ shotgun/legs and almost enough for another champ piece + Cent blaster.

I hit 50 after the new bag system was implemented, I have opened ~25+ bags so far, and still nothing.

I don't think this system is bad, it just should have been the thing that was originally implemented, because now there is a huge gap of Cent/Champ

I am happy with Cent gear, as I can actually do a little damage now in PvP.

Ah good to know. Yeah I got no issues with it. Much better than before. Just wondering if the gear tokens really still drop. Thanks man.

Coming up on 30 with no gear tokens. (though its only been a week of 50 pvp and I'm already full cent/champ, so I'm not sure if it matters)

I was really lucky with token drops on the old system but have yet to see one on the new system. yay karma.

But I prefer the new system, the old system basically made the centurion tier useless.

I do however think there can be a little balancing on the rate you aquire gear. Right now I'm a few pieces shy of full champion gear and 10 ranks to go until Battlemaster. Meaning there will be a large streach where I can't improve anything. I do realize that I'll run into the same problem once I hit Battlemaster and max my gear. ;)

At least my companions will have a decent kit. hehe.

Opened about 40 cahmp bags since change with no drops.

The rate of acquisition of Cent gear is now very fast, which is good for fresh 50's, but the rate of acquisition of champ gear is pretty slow.

I needed 18 bags just to get my MH champ weapon.

Has anyone seen a gear token drop from champion bags since they increased the Centurion and Champion Commendations? If they don't drop gear anymore I'd love to know.

the new champion bags system is great i dont know what you are even on about.

you get champion tokens now from bags so you can buy the peice you want :)

Champ progression should be slow, you should not see a valor 20 player running around in full champ. The Cent gear makes enough of a difference for me anyway and is a nice platform to start out on. Under the old system I hit Valor 42 and had 3 pieces of champ gear and enough tokens to buy 2 pieces of cent, and my survivability was laughable. Within two days of the patch I had full cent + the three pieces of champ gear I originaly had and was able t buy one more piece of champ gear as well. Saving for the champ main hand now but my pvp is far more enjoyable now that I have some expertise. What the cent gear lacks in stats I balance out by wearing some rakata gear once my expertise hit 500, as that 10% mitigation/healing boost/etc is sufficient if you know how to use LoS and the terrain.

Ive opened a total of 24 bags, ive gotten a headpiece and boots. so yes they do

I got my 4th gun yesterday so they do drop tokens tho it was in 1 out of like 20 bags I opened.

4 drops since the change. That's like what, 4 weeklies and about 20 dailies when I exclude the drinking nights.

I definitely like this system better, as I was finally able to buy the helm.

Edited by Eager

Who cares if you get a champ drop now or not, instead your farming attempts bare fruit, as compared to earlier.

My 50 earlier had 30 bags with 2 drops. weapon and an implant.

That was together 86 cent commendations.

Had I had 30 bags now with NO drop, I would have had 450 cent commendations and 210 champion commendations.

I would have been in full set instead of running around in 2 pieaces of champion and just be able to buy 1 pieace of cent.

Stop bloody complaining, they did the right thing. Gridning bares fruit and luck have not so much effect anymore.

I get really pissed off with these kind of childish threads.

It was an awsome implenentation that they did instead of the earlier extremly bad RNG.

At rank 50 I still had mainly lvl 49 pve gear as I had only managed to get a handful of pieaces, while I saw bloody duelists near rank 20 in full champion gear.

Leave the game and play wow please. Your comments are definately not noted by any hardmode pvper such as myself.

I'm on 27 bags, and 0 tokens for champ gear.

How can you have 0 tokens for champ gear when EVERY bag gives 15 cent commendations and 7 champ commendations.

Ahh, tokens.

Who CARES about tokens now dude. You BUY the gear from the commendations.

They might as well remove the tokens.

Stop crying.

They have lowered the token drop rate but instead given us MASSIVE commendation drops compared to earlier.

Earlier it was 3 cent commendations per empty bag.

Now its 15 cent and 7 champ commendations.

If you dont like this then you are either a new lvl 50 that didnt know how it was earlier, or you are just plain childish.