How do you enjoy your Huttball...

dnomz

The fact that the only documentation on Resolve is created by a player is a very sad statement. I would much rather read the official functional and technical designs docs from a BW designer and developer.

Resolve is a huge component of PvP. CC's in this game are simply out of control and Resolve is the only way to deal with it. Even then, I am confident in saying that Resolve is broken or at least is not working as intended. Or even worse, it is working as intended and it's just plain useless.

It's also possible he just doesn't understand how resolve works. Particularly the fact that it has no impact on snares whatsoever.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=61363

Probably this. Was in a match the other day about 15 feet from scoring when the other team caught up to me. Got rooted and I see them incoming so I pop a defensive cooldown. Get stunned, pop my break free and take a step. Stunned again. It wears off, so I take another step, pop a medpack, pop my other defensive cooldown, get rooted and by the time it wears off only get two more steps before I die. It's sad when a warrior in full tank spec popping all his cooldowns and being spam healed can't travel more then 3 steps in about 20 seconds.

Having someone to pass to is a separate issue.

I don't ... I hate Huttball. And I mean HATE it. When you get it 9 out of 10 games, how could not hate it?

I wish they gave me the option to opt out of huttball .... I would turn it on, and I don't give a **** if it meant I have to wait 30m between WZs.

:(

Edited by Zepath

I love Huttball, and I also enjoy the fact that the majority of complaints about Huttball hate come from Imperial players.

Which only then solidifies the fact that there is WAY more Imperial players than Republic, I hardly ever see Huttball.

Goes to show you that if some people are complaining, then they should re-roll and try helping the balance problem. Oh well, my 2 cents.

I hated Huttball at first because I didn't know how it works. Now, I'm ambivalent towards it. I find myself enjoying it when I'm actually playing it. But I get a twinge of despair when I'm loading into it. Probably because I'm worried who I am playing Huttball with.

With good teams on both side, Huttball is a blast as a force user (JK, JC, SW, SI) the other guys usually don't like it mainly because of the obstacles.

you do not enjoy huttball unless you are a sorcerer/sage

Or any one of the classes that can leap.

THAT is the issue with Huttball ... no other warzone is so class friendly to a limited number of classes with certain abilities.

Edited by Zepath

you never ever ever in the history of the game got stuned for 30 seconds resolve would have kicked in after MAX 12 sec of that stun you were either rooted or a liar.

If you're not dead by the time your 12 sec stun is finished, then you can probably roflstomp one-handedly the opponent team :rolleyes:

4+8sec stun is like forever

...when you're playing pro vs pro and Resolve isn't even working :rolleyes:

Seriously love to get stunlocked for 30 seconds when I'm trying to capture the ball.

The team with the most sorcs that aren't farming medals will win. I say it where I know I benefit from it also when its my team.

But they carry the ball well, speed through, heal each other, pull each other, knockback people repeatedly...

It's just awesome when thye are on your team, but sucks bad when its the other team. Sorcs are OP for Huttball. Maybe not really for other places though. I actually thikn Powertech is OP for 1v1.

Edited by Seurot

you never ever ever in the history of the game got stuned for 30 seconds resolve would have kicked in after MAX 12 sec of that stun you were either rooted or a liar.

Then everything is ok...

On topic even with this kind of situations huttball is so much better than the other two combined!too bad not poping too much for pubs

Edited by tsupra

Resolve isn't broken.

Resolve is ****** and poorly designed.

I love getting 8 second whirlwinded, coming out of it, getting 8 second whirlwinded, and before the second whirlwind is over my full resolve bar has started to drain, just in time for a nice 4 second stun. Like ***, that IS 20 seconds of continuous CC if I don't have trinket up.

Yes I'm aware of the 1 min cooldown on whirlwind/flashbang etc.