Stealth is completely broken.

BWHORN

Stealth has killed me more often than it has saved me.

if I am detected in stealth, the mobs begin fighting me while I am still stealthed.

I do not come out of stealth, and can't fight back.

So they wail on me until I turn stealth off myself.

If I decide to use Cloaking Screen often I am struck by a fire ball or something else that breaks my stealth and gets me killed.

Or, I successfully enter stealth but can't exit combat.

This will sometimes create a situation where my companion is dead, and I am severely wounded, but I am still in combat.

So I can't heal, I can't dismiss my companion, and I can't exit combat.

The only remaining option is to allow myself to be killed so that I can call the medical probe.

if I do manage to exit combat, often when I leave stealth my companion will inexplicably run back toward the enemies we just left and get herself killed, which draws me back into the fight we just tried to avoid.

Which makes Cloaking Screen pointless, and in some cases worse than nothing at all.

Cloaking screen should END COMBAT. Period. If it does not it is worthless.

Cloaking screen should END COMBAT. Period. If it does not it is worthless.

Ya, that wouldn't be abused at all. I play a shadow and don't have issues with it. Being stealthed doesn't mean you are completely invisible or invincible. Just means you are harder to detect. If you go stealth while in combat, they still know where you are.

It works good in PvP, I know when i am killing one of you stealthers you restelth and run away while in combat....

Ya, there is a cd that hides you from combat, at least a shadow does. It's also on a long cool down too which is fine. The op just wants the stealth toggle to do the same thing which is an instant ability and doesn't make sense.

Agreed.

I understand re-engaging combat when a dots is active--I always make sure to check for that and remove effects if possible before stealthing, and casting dots is a theoretical way to mitigate losing an advantage on a stealther.

But the cases where I stealth, but remain in combat, but nothing attacks me until I do something (anything), or where I stealth and run, only to find that my companion is still in combat--those are pretty annoying, yes.

I've also had cases of aggro being held from several rooms away, through multiple combat-breaking cloaks, and of being re-detected an instant after cloaking. Those glitches are pretty aggravating :D

Ya, that wouldn't be abused at all. I play a shadow and don't have issues with it. Being stealthed doesn't mean you are completely invisible or invincible. Just means you are harder to detect. If you go stealth while in combat, they still know where you are.

You are just wrong.

When I hit Cloaking Screen I am supposed to enter a state of absolute invisibilty for several seconds.

More often than not the combat never ceases and I am killed because I can no longer fight back because I am in stealth.

If the mobs can see me and attack me while I'm in stealth, and I can't attack them because I'm in stealth, then stealth is just a really stupid way to get killed.

As far as it being abused, you must be talking about PvP, because I can't see how stealth would be abused in PVE.

And frankly, I couldn't care less about PvP.

Edited by BWHORN

Agreed.

I understand re-engaging combat when a dots is active--I always make sure to check for that and remove effects if possible before stealthing, and casting dots is a theoretical way to mitigate losing an advantage on a stealther.

But the cases where I stealth, but remain in combat, but nothing attacks me until I do something (anything), or where I stealth and run, only to find that my companion is still in combat--those are pretty annoying, yes

I'm not talking about DOTs, I am talking about getting full on attacked while in Cloaking Screen, which is supposed to make you invulnerable for 10 seconds.

Yes, I have seen my companion run across an open field to re-engage with enemies we just fled, only to get killed immediately because she is still severely injured.

Edited by BWHORN

They tell me that the people at SWTOR read these.

If so please ignore the people who posted here who clearly don't stealth, and seem to have a certain amount of contempt for stealthers.

Stealth is broken.

While I have an enormous number of issues with the game, broken stealth is the one that most often affects me.

Besides disconnections, that is, which affect me constantly.

Why are you posting this in the suggestions forum and not the Customer Service forums or making a ticket.

1st - stealth in this game is not real stealth as you may know it from WoW. Players can still see you if you run near them without your CD added stealth button.

2nd - Stealth has major issues in HM Flashpoints - oddly far fewer issues in Operations.

Stealth is not completely broken, but there are times in which issues arise. You need to retitle your post and send it to the right forums.

the only thing that really annoys me about stealth is in dungeons... i can be stealthed and further away than someone in my group who is visible to a mob, and i get a ranged face pull while those closer than me and visible get no aggro at all.

I also have some issues with stealth, quite often when I vanish out of combat at least my companion is still going to die (he is shown to me as in stealth too, but mobs still attacking him) and when s/he dies they turn to me if I didn't exited the instance or run out of their movement radius. Does not always happen, but often enough to be annoying.

I also have some issues with stealth, quite often when I vanish out of combat at least my companion is still going to die (he is shown to me as in stealth too, but mobs still attacking him) and when s/he dies they turn to me if I didn't exited the instance or run out of their movement radius. Does not always happen, but often enough to be annoying.

same... annoying....

Why are you posting this in the suggestions forum and not the Customer Service forums or making a ticket.

1st - stealth in this game is not real stealth as you may know it from WoW. Players can still see you if you run near them without your CD added stealth button.

2nd - Stealth has major issues in HM Flashpoints - oddly far fewer issues in Operations.

Stealth is not completely broken, but there are times in which issues arise. You need to retitle your post and send it to the right forums.

I have sent several tickets to customer service and I only posted this thread after following a link sent to me in an email by customer service instructing me to post this HERE because SWTOR devs supposedly read this.

So why don't you provide your valuable input somewhere it is needed?

Edited by BWHORN

It works good in PvP, I know when i am killing one of you stealthers you restelth and run away while in combat....

So to you stealth is just something cowards do to cheat you out of your victory?

Sigh.

Shrug.

PvPers.

Edited by BWHORN

I have played stealth very little in this game so this post may seem pointless to you as you probably know the following, but I'm only trying to help.

I noticed that apart from some buggy issues, the best way to work with stealth is to approach it logically and be proactive, and try to "beat the bugs to it".

Flanking the mobs is better than going at them head-on, they see you very quickly if you do so. I assume it works this way against players too (it did in WoW at least).

I also noticed that they will notify you before they detect you, they sort of go alert for a second, giving you a visual and audio cue that they spotted something. If you back away quickly, they will not see you.

Edited by archifikoss

This. Stealth works fine and its as annoying as ever when theres 3 classes going around that disappear on you mid-combat.

I dont think you have anything to complain about in PvP. Soloing might be different, but its also temporary. The fact you can stealth to quest objectives without agroing mobs already gives you too much of an advantage over other classes that have to fight their way through.

Edited by Nemmar

To all the people who would like to explain Cloaking Screen to me, please read the actual description of Cloaking Screen in the Cloaking Screen window in the game.

"Overloads your shield generrator, immediately exiting combat and entering stealth mode for 10 seconds. You become virtually undetectable, but all healing done and received is reduced by 100%."

IMMEDIATELY EXITING COMBAT.

BECOME VIRUALLY UNDETECTABLE.

Furthermore, I have spent skill points to raise my stealthing skill to the maximum, so mobs my level or below would have an extremely difficult time seeing me.

This is, if stealth wasn't completely broken.

Which it is.

So maybe you guys need to get a clue.

I have played stealth very little in this game so this post may seem pointless to you as you probably know the following, but I'm only trying to help.

I noticed that apart from some buggy issues, the best way to work with stealth is to approach it logically and be proactive, and try to "beat the bugs to it".

Flanking the mobs is better than going at them head-on, they see you very quickly if you do so. I assume it works this way against players too (it did in WoW at least).

I also noticed that they will notify you before they detect you, they sort of go alert for a second, giving you a visual and audio cue that they spotted something. If you back away quickly, they will not see you.

This. You have to be coy about it. Stealth shouldnt mean you're completely safe to walk around as you like. Its stealth, not permanent invisibility.

To all the people who would like to explain Cloaking Screen to me, please read the actual description of Cloaking Screen in the Cloaking Screen window in the game.

"Overloads your shield generrator, immediately exiting combat and entering stealth mode for 10 seconds. You become virtually undetectable, but all healing done and received is reduced by 100%."

IMMEDIATELY EXITING COMBAT.

BECOME VIRUALLY UNDETECTABLE.

Furthermore, I have spent skill points to raise my stealthing skill to the maximum, so mobs my level or below would have an extremely difficult time seeing me.

This is, if stealth wasn't completely broken.

Which it is.

So maybe you guys need to get a clue.

Ever heard about DOT's and AoE's?

Stealth doesnt make you invincible. If you got effects on you they will pull you out of stealth.

the only thing that really annoys me about stealth is in dungeons... i can be stealthed and further away than someone in my group who is visible to a mob, and i get a ranged face pull while those closer than me and visible get no aggro at all.

^This is the only problem i have with stealth on my Assassin. And this ^ is extremly annoying as it make me feel like a total ****** to facepull cuz i was in stealth. Also once the big orange is on you, unstealthing doesnt stop the boss from facepulling you. NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE AND ITS EXTRA LAME.

Aside from that stealth works perfectly for me, and i love it very much. So much in fact that its difficult to play a toon who can't stealth now. >.<

Edited by Maelzrael

Ever heard about DOT's and AoE's?

Stealth doesnt make you invincible. If you got effects on you they will pull you out of stealth.

You obviously haven't read the thread, so I am going to ignore you.

Edited by BWHORN

And that is why they call you MR SCHMO.

^This is the only problem i have with stealth on my Assassin. And this ^ is extremly annoying as it make me feel like a total ****** to facepull cuz i was in stealth. Also once the big orange is on you, unstealthing doesnt stop the boss from facepulling you. NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE AND ITS EXTRA LAME.

Aside from that stealth works perfectly for me, and i love it very much. So much in fact that its difficult to play a toon who can't stealth now. >.<

Well, ok, if we're playing that game.

I have never experienced this FACE PULLING you are talking about.

Of course, I don't usually stealth when I am in a dungeon with other people.

But since I haven't personally experienced it i am going to assume it doesn't exist.

Despite the fact that 2 people have reported experiencing it.

Edited by BWHORN

Ya, that wouldn't be abused at all. I play a shadow and don't have issues with it..
I play a shadow and have had problems with it several times... it's extremely buggy; sometimes it just totally fails to drop you out of combat at all.

Well, ok, if we're playing that game.

I have never experienced this FACE PULLING you are talking about.

Of course, I don't usually stealth when I am in a dungeon with other people.

But since I haven't personally experienced it i am going to assume it doesn't exist.

Despite the fact that 2 people have reported experiencing it.

Was reported multiple times in the customer serves forum already, seems like that truly happens.