Use North/South/East/West Please

Rizenxin

What happened to the ancient 'skill' of calling out bearings? 0 degrees is 'up' on the map and you circle around 359 degrees.

-- 90 is 'right'

-- 180 is 'down'

-- 270 is 'left'

The question of 'right' and 'left' dissapears with bearing. Well, assuming that 0 is 'up.'

Too hard to do, I know. :confused:

When people say they are using cardinal directions they are not.

when they say east they really mean the east gun not actually east. On these small maps they just happen to mean the same thing. But if there were 5 guns/doors in a line then east would not be as useful. Neither would left.

landmarks work work better in almost every instance as long as i can see the landmark from anywhere on the map or its explained so many times that its common knowledge. Thats a matter of knowing the map not knowing a direction. IMHO map knowledge is PvP content and it requires "skill" to learn a map or rather once a map is learned i have "skill".

I dont see it called out but i use the drop ships in CW. they are big and i can see them from pretty much anywhere. I know where W/E/L/R gun is immediately and i know the fastest route to either based on that.

The mini map does the same thing. I look at the minimap and i should know where everything is based on what i visually see and my facing on the minimap.

for republic if they are facing left on the minimap they are going to the left gun.

for empire if they are facing left on the minimap they are going to their right gun.

The empire has a non intuitive UI.

Edited by CrunchyGremlin

Ain't that hard folks. Look at your minimap (which doesn't have a rotate option). Cardinal directions were invented so that ya newbs could orient yourself toward an accepted standard of direction.

For those of you with directional handicaps:

• North is up,
  • West is left,
  • East is right,
  • South is down.

Learn it and use it instead of calling left/right. Spread the method in PvP til it catches (or until the TORtanic hits its iceberg). GGHF

This is what happens when you take money out of public education. >_>