Remote Crew skills Access

Halacs

Basicly I think it would be nice to have a mobile app that would allow you to login to ToR to access the crew skills page allowing you to send your crew out on missions.

The app could look the same as the crew skills page on load up then trasition to the the mission selection for the desired skill and pick from there.

Notifications could show up for the app the same as any other notification to let you know that it's completed. Perhaps even a way to see what the missions yielded.

Just an idea. I for one have a 16 hour day when I work and think it would be nice to be able to login during breaks to get a few crew missions completed.

Just a "nice to have" kinda thing. What do you think?

Considering that professions are fairly passive as it is, I've been thinking the same thing.

The only problem I have is that I would never get anything done because I'd be constantly glued to my phone every 30 minutes or so leveling crew skills for all my characters.

I would run into walls alot. >.<

And what about us who don't have the latest iberryphone thing? My artificing is low enough already, its not even 100 and i'm level 37, almost 38 :(

It would be an option. Not sure what could be done for those that dont have smartphones. I guess it would be like any other app, no smartphone no dice.

I use splashtop.

Yeah I have seen that before but was hoping for something that would not require your computer to run to accomplish the goal at hand.

That said, I think I will have to use something like that for the next long while anyways.

I was kinda shocked that there was not more interest in this topic. Must have been discussed before.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about this when I started poking around with Skill Crews. It seems so passive and something you could do on the go. Bioware has two routes for this.

A) Mobile - Limit Half (Rough) the community - Just an app where you log-in on a SWTOR log-in with your security code and such....like the launcher and just choose what and where you send the companion. Depending on the navigation of the list you could choose what job to do and what companion to send. What would you do to address full inventory on a smartphone? Dump all into possibly full bank?

B) Browser - Limiting none - Just as we log in here we could get a pop-up or an embedded page where we can choose what companion to send out and do what. The options for this could be much more open, yet still as limiting. Thing is, you would have to log out of your ship to stay close to every option you needed for this on the go. I mean, you may not have to but it would be recommended from the feel I got when crew skilling, it would be most suitable.

---

Gran Turismo 5 had remote racing so I can't see why Bioware can't do it whenever they feel like it. I know they're different but the options are similar.

Edit: I feel like I simply rambled without adding something new...ah well...hope you guys think of something in return or make sense of it.

Edited by Subtrance