Security Key: I think it's a waste

cipher_nemo

I don't deny the fact that you practice safe browsing practices but you do understand if you use WI-FI hotspots you double your risk of being "hacked", if you can see the hotspot other users can see you. You may not have your system up to share but that really doesn't matter..

I don't use wi-fi hotspots.

No one is really safe from getting hacked.

True. But safe is a relative term. No one is 100% protected from being hacked, but for those who use safe computing practices you're probably five nines (99.99999%) "safe". In other words, I really don't need an mobile authenticator for a game account. It's just a luxury.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wortless items? I can't even imagine leveling alts, even less going between Ilum/Fleet for the dailies/weeklies without the "Teleport to fleet" item, which is on a 1 hour cooldown. Compare that to 18 and you've got yourself a happy customer.

Yup, as others have pointed out, that's probably the only decent item on that vendor. However, I'm happy without them. It doesn't take me long to go from the fleet to planets.

True. But safe is a relative term. No one is 100% protected from being hacked, but for those who use safe computing practices you're probably five nines (99.99999%) "safe". In other words, I really don't need an mobile authenticator for a game account. It's just a luxury.

However, in 15 minutes I was able to find out where you live, what you drive, what church you attend, your linked-in profile, your facebook page, a large number of message boards of varying security...99.999%. If I wanted to build a profile to use to hack your accounts. It wouldn't be hard at all. That's how it's done...you are far from the non-entity your nickname proclaims you to be.

Edited by Zarrot

However, in 15 minutes I was able to find out where you live, what you drive, what church you attend, your linked-in profile, your facebook page, a large number of message boards of varying security...99.999%. If I wanted to build a profile to use to hack your accounts. It wouldn't be hard at all. That's how it's done...you are far from the non-entity your nickname proclaims you to be.

And that is all info I choose to make public. It's not creepy. But none of that will ever help you guess or hack my TOR account. And you didn't find my Facebook page, even though I leave that public. And you didn't find past screen names. But if you did even more spelunking, it still wouldn't help a hacker. It would just flatter me more that you're interested. ;)

Edited by cipher_nemo