Gunnery Talent "Charged Barrel" is broken

GrimMage

I've tested this for hours now.

This is what Charged Barrel is suppose to do :

Charged Barrel

Grav Round grants Charged Barrel, increasing the damage dealt by the next High Impact Bolt by 6%. Stacks up to 5 times.

What actually happens:

Using Grav Round does indeed apply the Charged Barrel buff to the player. The tooltip for High Impact Bolt(HIB) even updates the damage for the buff. However, using HIB uses all the stacks of Charged Barrel (as it should), but does NOT deal increased damage.

It took me a while to figure what was going on because at first I noticed a damage increase over a non-Charged Barrel HIB. However, what I was noticing as an increase in damage was actually HIB bypassing the targets armor thanks to Grav Vortex stacks.

What it comes down to is the Charged Barrel is completely broken, dont put a point in it until its fixed.

I have submitted an in-game ticket stating the above. I suggest the rest of you do so as well. It seems they dont even know whats broken in their game.

Edited by GrimMage

Post about broken ability containing no numbers, no repeat tests, no credibility, and blind assurance that you are right.

You'll forgive us for not wasting any time on this one then?

So you're saying that, for some reason, I'm making this up for my own pleasure?

Is your tinfoil hat on too tight?

Edited by GrimMage

Post about broken ability containing no numbers, no repeat tests, no credibility, and blind assurance that you are right.

You'll forgive us for not wasting any time on this one then?

I think asking politely would have gotten your point across.

But yes Grimm.please do tell how you came up with this as i do play a commando and i rerolled medic cause the surge nerf left us even more broken than we were. What numbers were you seeing with Hib with and without charged barrel.

If you can record it on video on post a link that would help too

I just have to say *** people. The guy spends a bunch of time testing to determine if a skill is working or not, determines it's not, says so, submits his data to Bioware and you respond by essentially saying screenshots or it didn't happen? The guy did/is doing all of us Gunnery commandos and favor and identifying a bug in a core class mechanic and bringing it forward. For that I say thank you OP. I too thought that HiB was hitting a little softer last night but didn't spend the time testing it to be sure so again, thank you for taking your time to ID the bug and submitting it for a fix. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I just have to say *** people. The guy spends a bunch of time testing to determine if a skill is working or not, determines it's not, says so, submits his data to Bioware and you respond by essentially saying screenshots or it didn't happen? The guy did/is doing all of us Gunnery commandos and favor and identifying a bug in a core class mechanic and bringing it forward. For that I say thank you OP. I too thought that HiB was hitting a little softer last night but didn't spend the time testing it to be sure so again, thank you for taking your time to ID the bug and submitting it for a fix. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

To be fair, there are a lot of baseless threads around these forums about things not working when they do. He said he did testing so it doesn't seem too far of a stretch for us to find out what he did.

Overall I wouldn't be too surprised by this since it feels like 30% damage increase should be a fairly noticeable damage increase...but I can't say that I have taken any time to test it myself (sounds like it would be fairly difficult to test).

Not really too difficult to test

Cryo/DoT/knockdown, HiB yield base numbers

Stack of 5 GR + 5 Charged Barrel buffs + HiB Yield full potential numbers

Stack of 5 GR + yield base number plus increase from armor debuff (arguably difficult to do alone and not necessarily relevant.

Choosing a specific strong or elite mob in a zone for reps would yield what the OP is stating he has experienced.

Thanks for noticing and posting OP, I'll keep my eye on the numbers too.

I have no clue if you're serious.

Using a sample of 10 attacks with either 5 stacks of Charged Barrel or 0, on mobs unaffected by Grav Round, I got the following means.

No Charged Barrel = 1230

5X Charged Barrel = 1548

That's a 25.8% increase. Given the range of damage caused by HiB and the relatively small sample, it's reasonable to assume that 5% is attributable to sampling error.

Seems it's working for me.

Edited by Soshla