Kill trading is keeping this game alive

Bejita

Without the kill trading, republic would have no chance to ever get their illum dailies and weeklies done on most servers do to the server imbalances, most repbulic do not waste time on level 50 wz's because of how many of my fellow empire players exploited illum on release whill republic just played the game normally, this is the only way for them to keep the game competetive

Go ahead "fix" trading so we can go back to the nascar race in the middle fighting each other over boxes and crates in this amazing visionary pvp from bioware

Without the kill trading, republic would have no chance to ever get their illum dailies and weeklies done on most servers do to the server imbalances, most repbulic do not waste time on level 50 wz's because of how many of my fellow empire players exploited illum on release whill republic just played the game normally, this is the only way for them to keep the game competetive

Go ahead "fix" trading so we can go back to the nascar race in the middle fighting each other over boxes and crates in this amazing visionary pvp from bioware

So in other words, keep the game broken so it stays alive? No.

What they need to do is stop making PvP into herds of sheep lining up to be slaughtered by AoE's, or objectives that can be easily traded over and over again. Ilum needs to have it's control points turned into Op-level PvE targets that players can help defend, even if there's only a few of them- and more, smaller points added in that can be taken by groups as well, giving players a chance to do something and spreading them out further over the field. Heck, read my sig.

Davik's Estate, we haven't sunken into trading. There are times when if the Republics are stuck in their base that we'll zerg it to refresh our kill timers and give them a chance to get a few kills to keep them around [and give the confidence to walk outside while we refresh out kill timers], but aside from that both sides earn everything.

You must have played on all servers but mine. The Deadweight has rep/imp battles often in Ilum. Also at 50 our wz's pop in less than 5minutes and id say 60% of time its against republic.

I like how you throw everyone in the same basket and you have no experience other than forum posts from more than a handful of servers.

Without the kill trading, baddies would have no chance to ever get their illum dailies and weeklies done on most servers do to the server imbalances, most baddies do not waste time on level 50 wz's because of how many of my fellow empire players exploited illum on release whill republic just played the game normally, this is the only way for them to keep the game competetive

Fixed it for you.

And any Pub who doesn't clearly understand that kill trading benefits Imps far more than Pubs is a complete and utter moron.

Edited by DarthOvertone

I keep seeing the republic population excuse over and over. At any given time we have about 30-40+ Imperial in ilum and probably 15-20 Republic. I log on my Republic alt, who 50, showing first 100 results...most are sitting in fleet. You rolled on a PvP server, get your *** out to Ilum and quit crying.

So in other words, keep the game broken so it stays alive? No.

What they need to do is stop making PvP into herds of sheep lining up to be slaughtered by AoE's, or objectives that can be easily traded over and over again. Ilum needs to have it's control points turned into Op-level PvE targets that players can help defend, even if there's only a few of them- and more, smaller points added in that can be taken by groups as well, giving players a chance to do something and spreading them out further over the field. Heck, read my sig.

So you want them to add real world pvp like DAOC objectives that meant something and took some time and skill to get. /I agree

On my server it's Imps camping the Rep gate. Eventually Imps leave and the Reps get their friends to join them and for about 30-45 mins a day we get EVEN numbers. Sometimes the Imps even outnumber us for a short time. We have massive battles where we push each other back and try to gain tactical advantages by kiting the other group into a bad position. It's great.

....and then everyone gets their friends to come and the Imps get a numbers advantage. Then it's all over until the next day.

Our server (The Fatman) is too stupid to kill trade. Ever since that screen shot came out that basically says as long as you're killing each other, it's OK, our server still has a massive zerg sitting in front of our base while we pull them in for the kill.

only a few guilds do the kill trading.

Edited by adrenalinee

Basically, what he is saying is that allowing people to complete their dailies is helping to keep things going.

On my server kill trading has helped build the community between Empire and republics. It's helped us get to know each other, and we'll set up some matches between premades on each side by queuing at the same time.

As far as using it to get the dailies/weeklies done, it's kind of a necessary evil on servers with a large population imbalance.

A good example happened this weekend. Us Republics (the weaker side on my server) got a good group of 12 people together. We were able to take middle for about 15 minutes. Then the 50 imperials show up and over run us. No amount of strategy/skill can overcome that. For a while we try to do some hit and runs, but they catch on quick. After about 1/2 hour of that we were trading as it helped everyone get their quests done.

I can't believe people are still trying to defend exploiting... it's just beyond me. I worked my *** off for 2 and a half weeks to get battlemaster now everyone has it within 2-3 days, it's just disappointing. It just makes me lose even more hope in this game.