Starting Zones are heavily favoured toward sith.

KiaThas

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this:

While leveling thru starter zones on Empire Side may be faster, commendations drop less frequently compared to Republic. In the time it takes to level on republic you are pretty much guarenteed your 8 commendation chest armour by the time you are done. On the Empire side you hit 6 commedations easy enough and then have to farm for, you guessed it, the time it takes to complete a full republic starting zone to hit 8 commendations. This what has happened to me on every Imperiral Character I have vs. Republic Character.

I know imperical evidence but it has happened on every toon I have 10 Imperial vs. 8 Republic (I am an altoholic).

Please test for yourself. Your mileage may very ...

;)

Edited by Urael

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this:

While leveling thru starter zones on Empire Side may be faster, commendations drop less frequently compared to Republic. In the time it takes to level on republic you are pretty much guarenteed your 8 commendation chest armour by the time you are done. On the Empire side you hit 6 commedations easy enough and then have to farm for, you guessed it, the time it takes to complete a full republic starting zone to hit 8 commendations. This what has happened to me on every Imperiral Character I have vs. Republic Character.

I know imperical evidence but it has happened on every toon I have 10 Imperial vs. 8 Republic (I am an altoholic).

Please test for yourself. Your mileage may very ...

;)

I have done this, which is un-true seeing as they're completely random.

I've have jedi characters go through to the fleet with 6 commendations and had sith with 9-10.

And vise-versa.

Edited by KiaThas

a number of people complained during beta that Korriban's design and art style did not match those of the rest of the game. this was due to the fact that Korriban was the first world the devs created several years ago, before they had a handle on how they wanted their questing hubs to flow and what the artstyle of the whole game would be. they redid the whole zone for that reason. so Korriban was both the first (the old version) and last (the new version) world created. it is probably quicker and tighter because they had so much practice behind them, whereas Tython is still as it was when it was first created a few years ago. i don't think it's an intentional design choice to make Tython 2x longer to quest/grind through than Korriban, but it is what it is, and it's definitely reason #643 that people enjoy the empire side a lot more. Edited by codyr

Agreed about the time it takes, the Empire starter planet is way shorter to complete, because of this it's hard to get medals, I don't think it's because they drop less. I've had to run around killing everything in sight to get the final medal for the chest armor before leaving.

As a Jedi I've four or so with nothing to spend them on. This is after doing all quests on both planets as the heroic ones are soloable, more so than later planets. The sith have it easier to start IMO.

On another note what is it about dark side mission schematics, as a republic player and Jedi all I get from missions are dark side gear schematics on all my alts, somewhere in the region of 3 to 1 I've 4 alts at level 30 or higher. I know they're random but it sure doesn't seem that way.

I have done this, which is un-true seeing as they're completely random.

I've have jedi characters go through to the fleet with 6 commendations and had sith with 9-10.

And vise-versa.

Then it must be a rng issue but for me like I stated 10 times Imperial vs 8 times republic yeilded results of guarenteed "grind for 8 commendations" on Imperial side vs. guarenteed "woohoo I got my commendation chest piece effortlessly".

As far as "true" vs. "untrue" I did state my evidence was imperical. And also stated that your milage may very, AND requested that someone test this. :rolleyes: