Starting Zones are heavily favoured toward sith.

KiaThas

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's odd that by "biased towards" you actually mean got the short end of the stick.

Korriban is a dull small world unlike Tython which is a fairly large world with interesting quests and scenery.

Something that is dull and quick does not make it better.

I play empire, and the length of playtime for Korriban opposed to Tython doesn't have anything to do with extra content for Tython. The furthest you move away from the academy on Korriban if I remember correctly is the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, and we get a taxi to the beginning of that section, and when we're done there we can take a taxi ride back from the half way mark of the section. To have the equivalent for Tython would mean the Jedi could take a taxi to just past the caves that exit to the first portion of the forge and then be able to take a taxi back from just outside the class phases.

On top of that the next two quest areas are right outside the academy. The jedi can take taxis to Kalikori village or the outpost, but they still have to hoof it into Tythos Ridge, the Ruins of Kaleth or the Forge to do their questing. Add in the fact that the Jedi also have their quest turnins spread out abit for one section of quests (turn in 2 quests at the Jedi Temple and 1 at Kalikori) you can see how the running around can cause the leveling time for Korriban and Tython to be so different.

That said, I don't think it's that big of a deal. If this was a problem for all Republic classes on all planets, you'd have something to complain about.

The OP is actually correct to a point I guess.

I dont see how this is favoring the Sith

I never felt I had to get to 10 in X amount of time, or 16 to get my ship

But you are correct on the levelling.

Korriban is pretty much one area very compact and accessable

Tython is way more spread out

DK is basically a nice linear circle in which you only backtrack once, but that backtrack you can take a speeder in and out of

So without any question whatsoever it takes alot less time on The sith side

Hutta is a little different, but I guess it would be faster then ord mantell

Starting planets from slowest to fastest would by ord mantell, Hutta, Tython, Korriban imo

There is absolutely no competition between dk and coru, coru is long and a ton of backtracking

I still wouldnt say its an advantage tho

The planet does seem to be a lot more fluent even the taxi's are placed well etc.

Geeze, no. There are two taxis on Korriban that drop you in the middle of nowhere with a 5 minute run to any quest objectives. Then there's the whole problem of not being able to use a speeder to get most places because you have to go through tombs where speeders aren't allowed.

Tyhon is a LOT better than Korriban when it comes to traveling.

I've leveled a Jedi Consular (my main), a Smuggler, and a Sith Inquistor through their respective starting worlds and Tython was by far the longest to level through. I think the Smuggler starting world is in line with Korriban. So instead of saying starting zones favor sith, I would say Jedi world takes much longer than anyone else.

Geeze, no. There are two taxis on Korriban that drop you in the middle of nowhere with a 5 minute run to any quest objectives. Then there's the whole problem of not being able to use a speeder to get most places because you have to go through tombs where speeders aren't allowed.

Since when do up to level 10 characters get speeders?

Since when do up to level 10 characters get speeders?

When you level a bit, you'll find out your quests keep sending you back to Korriban to talk to NPCs and it's one hell of a hike because you have to walk most of it every time.

Someday, when you get past level 5 you'll see.

My GF complained when we leveled Jedi's that there was a lot more running than when we ran Sith. I do feel the starting Empire planets are tighter and easier to navigate especially with slow new characters. I'm hoping the Legacy system will unlock Sprint and Speeders earlier to help this out. Being slow and being spread out isn't fun.

When you level a bit, you'll find out your quests keep sending you back to Korriban to talk to NPCs and it's one hell of a hike because you have to walk most of it every time.

Someday, when you get past level 5 you'll see.

Oh, aren't you cute, not that bright but cute. I have a couple of 50 one of which is an inquisitor and there isn't that much running back to Korriban and when you do 95% of the distance traveled can be done mounted. Try again son.

I have leveled up three version of every class on three separate servers.

If you skip through the cut scenes it takes almost exactly the same amount of time to rush a Jedi through Tyhton as it does a Sith through Korriban. If there is any extended period of time for one side or the other it must be in the cut scenes because it's not in the game play.

And really, it takes me one session of four hours (maximum) to run a new character through any starting world. If it's taking you longer than that it's because you are dilly dallying.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Edited by Blackavaar

I have leveled up three version of every class on three separate servers.

If you skip through the cut scenes it takes almost exactly the same amount of time to rush a Jedi through Tyhton as it does a Sith through Korriban. If there is any extended period of time for one side or the other it must be in the cut scenes because it's not in the game play.

And really, it takes me one session of four hours (maximum) to run a new character through any starting world. If it's taking you longer than that it's because you are dilly dallying.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

3 * 8 * 3 = 72 characters to 50 in 2 months.

I have to agree with your assessment also. There definitely isn't as much experience available on Tython compared to Korriban. I leveled every single class (sith war, inq, bh, ia, smug, jedi cons, knight, trooper) to at least 10. The repub side definitely needs some help, as you are either barely lvl 10 when you go off planet, or (in the case of the Jedi Consular) you are only half way through lvl 9 when you run out of quests (even group ones).

This is just flat out wrong.

I've recently put both a Knight and a Consular through Tython and both were slightly past Level 11 when they completed their quests. This matches the same level I experienced with Inquisitor. The standout was actually the Agent, who was nearly at Level 12, due in large part to all of the backtracking involved with some of the Hutta quest lines.

Korriban quests are just beautifully layered, in addition to the compact area of the world.

Your newbie talk to spindrall/get a blade quest leads to blowing up the egg chamber and tripping over collecting the artifacts.

Going to the temple to turn those in. Once you finis a couple quests in the temple, flying to the south practically shoves you onto the scan for traitors quest, and at the landing point there's a kill/gather quest, all of which lead you to the critter brain quest.

The critter brain quest is on the way to the class quests, and the supply crate unlock pickup/objective/turn in is all where you'll be going anyway.

Once you turn in the brain and supplies quests, there's a taxi that takes you back to the temple.

By this time the quests to free the Jedi and scan sith lords are available right there in the lobby, which lead to the two heroic pickups, the blood legacy, and the kill droids/slaves quest. All of which are in the same small area (or the temple, in the case of the blood legacy).

Once you finish that, the next quest area has the apprentices body, opening the stash, meat for whatshisface, and class quests all in the same tomb.

Simply put, on Korriban, you're rarely working on just one or even two quest lines for every area you're sent.

I don't really think there's less content. It's just more efficiently placed. The bounty hunter starting planet had 2 or 3 heroic quests compared to tython or ord mandels 1. It also has 3 champion mobs to find compared to alliance sides one on ord and two on tython.

But even if it is less content... do we really care if there's fewer "kill 50 bears and bring me their asses!" types quests? Isn't that a good thing to have less of those?

Ord Mantell has three heroics as well, all on the Heroic 2+ Island, all easily soloed once you have your companion.

Korriban is quick, but it also sucks visually and story-wise compared to Hutta, Ord and Tython.

There is a 'heck' of a lot more travelling in tython though. each quest takes you to your next area on korriban, while im running to my next spot im actually doing a quest which is taking me to the direction of where its being turned in.

The quests on tython are actually to run to the next area.

And korriban is actually a deadened planet, Look about you'll see relic's and statue's just about everywhere you look, just because it looks dull doesn't mean its not detailed.

Edited by KiaThas

I've not ever done Hutta, but for me Tython is definitely the longest time spent on a starter planet. Ord Mantell is shorter, and Korriban is shortest.

That said, so what? I'm level 11-12 whenever I finish each, and I had fun playing the game one each of them. Yeah, some of the extra running around on Tython can be a bit tedious, but it's really not *that* far on any given run, so I don't see the big deal.

If I were worried about powerleveling the 1st 10 levels, yeah, I'd go do Korriban, but considering the overall length of time it takes to get from 1-50, a couple more hours on the starter planet is not a big deal to me at all. Plus Tython's purty to look at. Even with all the aggro mobs the place still feels idyllic.

I've not ever done Hutta, but for me Tython is definitely the longest time spent on a starter planet. Ord Mantell is shorter, and Korriban is shortest.

That said, so what? I'm level 11-12 whenever I finish each, and I had fun playing the game one each of them. Yeah, some of the extra running around on Tython can be a bit tedious, but it's really not *that* far on any given run, so I don't see the big deal.

If I were worried about powerleveling the 1st 10 levels, yeah, I'd go do Korriban, but considering the overall length of time it takes to get from 1-50, a couple more hours on the starter planet is not a big deal to me at all. Plus Tython's purty to look at. Even with all the aggro mobs the place still feels idyllic.

I have done all the starter areas and I will say that Korriban is more compact. You are able to do more quests in a smaller area then on the others.

Tython is spred out over a larger area and you tend to do a lot of back and forth there compared to Korriban.

Ord Mantel and Hutta are both kinda circular and both take about the same amount of time to finish.

In order of noticable play time I would say the fastest to slowest is:

1. Korriban

2. Ord Mantel

3. Hutta (very close to same time as Ord Mantel)

4. Tython

Overall I enjoyed them all. I was sick of fleshraiders though by the time I finished Tython.

The way I see it is the developers knew that the players opting to play Empire would lean more towards getting things done/efficiency , and on the flipside Republic players specifically Jedi would want time to find themselves and get the warm fuzzies from the light side of the force. JK JK. Korriban really is a insanely fast.