PvP Imbalanced?

TalonStarfarer

I'm sure I'll get some criticism over this topic but, in my experience, PvP is heavily weighted towards the Empire in this game. :mad:

Out of the last 26 level 50 warzone matches, I've lost 22 of them and only won 4. Now, for the sake of argument, let's assume I'm terrible at PvP. I've been PUGing (solo queuing) these at a wide variety of times with a wide variety of groups, with little difference.

All of the players I'm getting teamed with can't be bad. All of their gear can't be bad. All of our opponents can't be in premade ops groups. It seems that no matter who I'm with, which warzone it is or what time of day it is, the Empire forces will win 8 times (or more) in 10.

I realize that 26 matches may not be statistically significant but I have read articles elsewhere that have mentioned an imbalance. Has anyone noticed this or have any suggestions? It just seems that the class abilities of the Empire forces are better suited for PvP. I spend half of each match stunned, rooted, etc., all while taking damage.

I'd appreciate input on this. While I can certainly work on my own gear and skills, my own skills don't explain away all the losses no matter who I'm grouped with or when.

This has been the same in other games with warzone like instance PvP. It varies server to server, but usually one faction is just better at PvP than the other. It happened in WoW, Rift and now its happening here. I dont think its a balance issue, I think it has to do with more of a imbalance in skill with the players on the said relm.

I'm sure I'll get some criticism over this topic but, in my experience, PvP is heavily weighted towards the Empire in this game. :mad:

There's a slight bias for Empire due to mirror imbalances/turret bugs - but it only really affects a relatively small number of tight matches.

Out of the last 26 level 50 warzone matches, I've lost 22 of them and only won 4. Now, for the sake of argument, let's assume I'm terrible at PvP. I've been PUGing (solo queuing) these at a wide variety of times with a wide variety of groups, with little difference.

All of the players I'm getting teamed with can't be bad. All of their gear can't be bad. All of our opponents can't be in premade ops groups. It seems that no matter who I'm with, which warzone it is or what time of day it is, the Empire forces will win 8 times (or more) in 10.

As I've seen something similar - in all likelihood you are facing a few BMs, and your side doesn't have any. Unfortunately the best way to get that gear is winning 3x matches a day, and that doesn't sound very likely.

Roll an alt?

I realize that 26 matches may not be statistically significant but I have read articles elsewhere that have mentioned an imbalance. Has anyone noticed this or have any suggestions? It just seems that the class abilities of the Empire forces are better suited for PvP. I spend half of each match stunned, rooted, etc., all while taking damage.

I'd appreciate input on this. While I can certainly work on my own gear and skills, my own skills don't explain away all the losses no matter who I'm grouped with or when.

It's more an act of population imbalance that makes it easier to build up PvP gear, which in turn makes it easier for one side (usually Empire by server) to PvP, which leads to making it easier to get PvP gear, in an endless cycle. This of course also makes Republic PvP HARDER, even though classes are mostly mirrors of each other...which drives the Republic population down even further for PvP.

Cue what you saw.

Its a Champ gear imbalance.(BM in addition has little to do with it). Full Champ is much better than the lower tiers.

On my server I'd give a def edge to the Republic on win percentage. So it's a server thing too.

Also, 2 really strong players can pretty much win any PuG warzone. So skill is a factor. If you are really good it dramatically increases your chances as you really only need 1 more player of that caliber.

Since most PvP here is WZs I don't see how population imbalances would effect win loss ratios that much. Unless the imbalances is so bad that it takes just so long to cue that the other side plays more.

I have seen the opposite happen though too. If a PvP guild or premade in TOR were at such a population imbalance it would only help them. Their cue times would be almost nothing and could all be together every time. They could easily win 40+ out of 50 matches no mater who they were against.

I don't care what anyone says, PvP is heavily imbalanced - probably worse on some servers more than others. On my server, my team/ops is outnumbered and/or out geared greater than 80% of the time in Warzones or Ilum. The system needs to be reconfigured and re-balanced for an equal challenge to both Republic and Empire. It is ridiculous how easy it is for Empire and how difficult it is for Republic.

Something needs to be done.

It really does depend on the server. On hydian way, my sage hasn't lost a wz in about 3 weeks. My Op healer gets pummelled to oblivion most matches and most days I don't finish the daily on him.

I PuG queue on both, and every time, I've been lucky to get repubs I know in champ gear or better, while facing those exact same guys on my Op with a team average of 12k hp.

It's more an act of population imbalance that makes it easier to build up PvP gear, which in turn makes it easier for one side (usually Empire by server) to PvP, which leads to making it easier to get PvP gear, in an endless cycle. This of course also makes Republic PvP HARDER, even though classes are mostly mirrors of each other...which drives the Republic population down even further for PvP.

OK, this makes a lot of sense to me. While it still seems that the Imps have more roots and stuns, it does seem logical that the first side to gear up will win more often, starting an endless cycle. If the Imps have better gear on my server (Jedi Covenant), they win more, so they get dailies and weeklies done, get better gear, win more, on and on. As a Republic, I'm finding it VERY hard to even get dailies done. To win 3 times, I have to play upwards of 15 matches.

Contributing to this cycle are the frequent drops. Since winning is so important, I see a parade of people that log into the WZ, see we're losing, and leave again. The system really needs to change in order to break this cycle. Since winners get the best gear and then win more often, the system creates an endless imbalance. Changing daily and weekly quests to simply completing a certain number of WZ's or earning a certain amount of points, would help.

Changing daily and weekly quests to simply completing a certain number of WZ's or earning a certain amount of points, would help.

Advancement (through quest, or otherwise) needs to be tied into some form of achievement. My characters are all Republic, so believe me, I feel your pain. However, simply awarding gear for participation would lead to an epidemic of AFK'ing, or of players doing the minimum possible to get their stuff.

The Medal system is so flawed and skewed to Tanks/DPS over Healers that it would not serve in its current form. MVP wouldn't work either, as most players either don't vote or simply vote for the player with the biggest Damage or biggest Heals value.

So, what else is there other than winning?

All of these suggestions are ignoring the TRUE PROBLEM, which is not how daily quests are completed, but rather how Warzone teams are formed. If Bioware can, as they are suggesting, drastically improve how players are matched against one another by a ranking system and/or by going cross server for a bigger pool of players, then chances are that we'll begin seeing more equitable Warzone matches and you'll stop losing six in a row.

I don't see at all where PvP matches are imbalanced in favor of Empire. I play Empire on Bondar Crystal and we outnumber Republic players by such a margin that the Rep 50's are able to queue PvP, get instant pops, and earn comms at a much faster rate because they are able to complete more warzones in a shorter period of time. This is leading to Rep players being able to gear much faster than Empire players.

In addition to that, the Civil War warzone is glitched in favor of Rep so that they are able to take speeder bikes directly to the west and east points but Empire can't. This has been a glitch for about a month now and nothing is being done to fix it. Empire loses probably 70% of the matches they compete in it seems like.

Maybe it's a different story on different servers but apparently anyone who thinks Rep gets screwed should roll on Bondar Crystal.

My only frustration in pvp atm is when you're a new 50 entering warfronts. The expertise gap is utterly brutal and not fun. It's far too much in my opinion and with the bag nerf, its a long prolonged torture that every new 50 has to go through. This needs to be fixed somehow.