Grats healers, you now have your godmode just like every other MMO.

Zarthorn

The only healing that is op is sage/sorc and even then it's only the damage they do while they heal and ability to get away that makes them op. Roll an IA/smuggle and see how "op" healing is. Get kolto injection interrupted and lol as your hots tick for nothing, and pray there is only 1 crap geared dps beating on you because that's the only scenario where your free surgical probe under 30% is going to keep you alive. Edited by moosedog

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes, we are indestructible, you mad bro?

BUT, one thing, if you fight us, we need to heal ourselves and you know what? While we heal ourselves we CANT DAMAGE YOU, and, if you cant bring our health down, that means your DPS and our HPS are balanced, and balance makes for a good mmo.

Hahaha,

Your only OP aslong as your unknown on the server.

As soon as you start getting gear or doing well, the oposing team will "home in on you" and grief you to no end.

I am by no means the best healer out there but i think im doing well, im far from BM but got afew pieces of Champion gear.

What i can say tho is that for most of the matches im in i usually heal for twice as much as the second "best" healer, and yea....its a pain, i know a few of the people i get pitted against (republic scum) and to be told that "Yea, we usually go for you since your to dangerous to leave alive." while it is flattering it also makes the pvp game a tad bit booring at times.

But on the other hand ive become fairly adapt at "Running back" ;)

sooo, you can't kill him.... if he is that good a healer, than he can't do enough dps to kill you. Keep the healer busy while evryone else goes after the rest of the team.

If I have to focus on keeping myself alive, I can't effectively heal the others in my group. Usually what happens is I get focused immediately and get taken out.

My dps as a healer spec'd sage, is pretty pathetic, as compared to any dps spec'd class. I am ok with it though, because I am a healer.

I just thought of something else...

This will be the same person who will later complain, after they "Balance" healers, that the healers are too easy to kill/interupt/mitigate and can't keep the tank/party/raid/pvp group alive.

Soooo... here we go again on another PVP Balance roller coaster.

What server are you on? I will make a healer there and let you kill me for a while to make you feel better.

Are you trolling or did you actually just use your level 20 bounty hunter in an example to make a PvP argument?

I'm not trolling, are you? My level 20 is a very valid sampling in the 1 to 49 bracket.

The point isn't the level, it is the damage output. Starting at level 10 I have been doing pvp with this bounty hunter exclusively to see what's going on with the class in pvp. Starting at level 10 I was able to top the damage charts. That's pretty much a testament to how much dps can be put out and very little of that is Area.

My point isn't my level, it's the dps that I can throw toward a healer not being sufficient to kill a solo healer in a moderate amount of time. part of that is the interrupt usage and part of it is trying to figure out when to burst. It takes both interrupts and burst damage at the right time to kill a lot of healers.

If the healer stays on top of the situation I can't do much even with interrupts until I can get them down to about half then prep them for burst with an interrupt after. If they want to however, they can keep me there spamming on them for a long time if they keep their healing going.

Troopers with Grav shot for me are the worse for this as they can interweave grav shots and shred me while staying healed up.

My BH at level 20 isn't really gaining a lot more damage abilities between 20 and 49 that I don't already have. I get Flame Sweep, Shoulder Slam and Carbonize. Of those only Shoulder Slam and Carbonize is something I would use when facing a healer 1v1.

So yeah, I actually used my lvl 20 BH in a pvp argument.

Interupt em and they still heal, focus them and they pop defensives and instant heal.

Seems we now know where the QQ came from, grats on your accension to godhood, may the PvP matches be a snorefest to honor your need to be unkillable.

Well I play a couple of healers, and they are pretty squishy, mainly because after a couple of minutes of the match I get spotted and 3 or 4 DPS descend on me.

On the other hand, I also play a separate DPS class with no healing ability, and the healers on the opposition team go down just as easily as mine do.

Actually, this argument thread is a great place for video's that can prove points.

All of us who are posting here should likely put up or shut up, as the saying goes. I've never ran fraps before, so I'll try to wrap my brain around that and see if I can't video some of my experiences to share.

I'd love to see others do the same, especially the instant kills on squishy healers. While I don't doubt healers can be squishy, I'm finding it a rarity on the republic that play on Sanctum of the Exalted server.

There is likely a huge difference between level 50 pvp, lvl 10-49 pvp and premade vs pug pvp. Everyone is posting from different vantage points within these three scenarios and it's varying widely.

My viewpoint is levle 10 to 49 pvp pug vs pug. I meet some premades sometimes, but not often.

Lol it's called balance. If a healer can keep himself up indefinitely against ONE other opponent that is balance. If a healer can keep himself up for a short time versus two enemies that is balance. If they can heal indefinitely with two or more beating on him either dps sucks/undergeared or yes healer needs to be brought down a peg.

What is the point of healing if you can't at least match the damage of one opponent? Also if you don't want the healer to heal indefinitely with one opponent they need to have enough dps to take down the opponent while healing so that they drop at the same time in a fair fight.

FYI fair=balance=equality

I'm not trolling, are you? My level 20 is a very valid sampling in the 1 to 49 bracket.

The point isn't the level, it is the damage output. Starting at level 10 I have been doing pvp with this bounty hunter exclusively to see what's going on with the class in pvp. Starting at level 10 I was able to top the damage charts. That's pretty much a testament to how much dps can be put out and very little of that is Area.

My point isn't my level, it's the dps that I can throw toward a healer not being sufficient to kill a solo healer in a moderate amount of time. part of that is the interrupt usage and part of it is trying to figure out when to burst. It takes both interrupts and burst damage at the right time to kill a lot of healers.

If the healer stays on top of the situation I can't do much even with interrupts until I can get them down to about half then prep them for burst with an interrupt after. If they want to however, they can keep me there spamming on them for a long time if they keep their healing going.

Troopers with Grav shot for me are the worse for this as they can interweave grav shots and shred me while staying healed up.

My BH at level 20 isn't really gaining a lot more damage abilities between 20 and 49 that I don't already have. I get Flame Sweep, Shoulder Slam and Carbonize. Of those only Shoulder Slam and Carbonize is something I would use when facing a healer 1v1.

So yeah, I actually used my lvl 20 BH in a pvp argument.

Did it ever occur to you that a healer's job is to keep people alive and that a healer should be able to outlive your DPS, if you're the only one hitting him? Wouldn't be much of a healer otherwise.

And no, there is simply no argument against it. Imagine you can not DPS ANYONE down alone. That's exactly how healers would feel.

Did it ever occur to you that a healer's job is to keep people alive and that a healer should be able to outlive your DPS, if you're the only one hitting him? Wouldn't be much of a healer otherwise.

And no, there is simply no argument against it. Imagine you can not DPS ANYONE down alone. That's exactly how healers would feel.

Actually, yes, it did occur to me. And while in a generic pvp battle I don't necessarily see a problem with a healing outclassing dps, I'm not so sure it's the best thing for objective oriented pvp.

Alderan for example. When you are holding two turrets and they have healers, it doesn't really matter if your side has healers or not. Split 4 and 4, you can survive even an 8 on 4 situation with time to spare for all the defenders that might die to make it back.

In generic pvp an 8 on 4 situation should be a win for the 8 with or without healers if level of play is equal. But when the goal isn't just to live, but to achieve an objective...the 8 on 4 no longer has any certainty of winning at all.

Whoever gets the turrets with healers are basically entrenched at that point and the "battle" becomes more about who caps the node first, because then they have a significant and massive advantage in returns, more-so if they decide to cap the east and west turrets so that respawning defenders get delivered literally right to the cap point. As a BH as soon as I come back I can pop my AE damage without moving at all and interrupt anyone trying to cap the tower.

So while I don't quite know how I feel about a healer and dps'er going at it 1v1, I do know that healers on the alderan map trivialize the battle for those defending the node.

Edited by Pestwulf

Whoever gets the turrets with healers are basically entrenched at that point and the "battle" becomes more about who caps the node first, because then they have a significant and massive advantage in returns, more-so if they decide to cap the east and west turrets so that respawning defenders get delivered literally right to the cap point. As a BH as soon as I come back I can pop my AE damage without moving at all and interrupt anyone trying to cap the tower.

That's really more because of an imbalance on how long it takes the team the controls the side turret time to get back, not a reason to nerf healers.

Add a respawn timer (or some other limit) and it absolutely does matter who has healers.