Grats healers, you now have your godmode just like every other MMO.

Zarthorn

I wish I had a warzone with one healer. It seems to many forget they can.... but when they do remember it makes a huge difference in outcome. I almost always give MVP to top healers!!

I have had a few games where it seems i am hitting them with a flashlight.... They out heal my damage regardless of the DOTs and Crits. They don't do any damage in return. and I wonder if they will ever run out of power,Until they get gang banged it is a waste of time hitting them.

Dont be a moron and go off solo dps'n find another and hit what he is hittin...pain train the pain train well always win over a bunch of solo hero wanna be scrubs

Edited by Kinsal

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what? So you can't beat a healer to a fine paste when it clearly has a very substantial gear advantage over you....but other healers aren't nearly as much of a problem for you? Come on, now.

It doesn't take 2 DPS to kill a healer. It takes 2 to do it quickly. One good DPSer can take a healer out of the game by forcing them to focus heals on itself. They can also kill the healer if they outplay it. It just takes more time to kill a healer. If it didn't it would be completely unfair to healers because they would never stand a chance against anything 1v1.

The only clearly substantial gear advantage he could have would be full BM or mixed BM and Rakata, which he does not have.

One good DPS, which I am, can take a healer out of the game and force it to heal itself, I do it all the time, the problem is, healers aren't defenseless. You continue to maintain that a healer being attacked by a DPS can do nothing but heal itself but that in and of itself is a complete fallacy.

In a simple understanding of attrition it is easy to deduce that a competent Sage, when frustrated with doing nothing but healing themselves will pop Force Armor, slow/stun their target, force run out of range and blast that target with Project and Telekinetic Throw and Turbulence.

Even a good DPS is going to eventually lose to this situation, because their DPS gets negated by healing, and the healer can create plenty of situations of advantage that allows them to get in some DPS on their side too.

The only clearly substantial gear advantage he could have would be full BM or mixed BM and Rakata, which he does not have.

One good DPS, which I am, can take a healer out of the game and force it to heal itself, I do it all the time, the problem is, healers aren't defenseless. You continue to maintain that a healer being attacked by a DPS can do nothing but heal itself but that in and of itself is a complete fallacy.

In a simple understanding of attrition it is easy to deduce that a competent Sage, when frustrated with doing nothing but healing themselves will pop Force Armor, slow/stun their target, force run out of range and blast that target with Project and Telekinetic Throw and Turbulence.

Even a good DPS is going to eventually lose to this situation, because their DPS gets negated by healing, and the healer can create plenty of situations of advantage that allows them to get in some DPS on their side too.

So you take a healer out of the fight forcing them to concentrate on beating just you, and your 7 teammates can't manage to kill anyone without you?

The problem isn't with you or the healer, it's with your 'team' :rolleyes:

chiming in here. While I'm not the greatest in pvp on this game yet, I have this thing I noticed. if you go from class thread to class thread they are all crying about osmethign that is op, one lcass needs nerfed this needs buffed. . . .etc

I see the complaints pretty evenly so it kinda tells me that each class has sometign they are good at and somethign they are bad at. there are some who figure it out and figured out how to play thier class, some are trying o force themselve at being good when they aren't with that class.

everythign is seriously all over the charts with a whole lot of little girl noises going on. I really don't want to se ethe great nerf game or tweeking game like what happened to wow.

And thst why beating on someone by yourself is rookie pvp...which destorys your theory of being good dps..it is and allways well be focus fire that wins not some solo jockey that thinks he is good dps..ill take 2 shat dps that focus fire over some wanna be good dps that solo's the entire match...

Edited by Kinsal

chiming in here. While I'm not the greatest in pvp on this game yet, I have this thing I noticed. if you go from class thread to class thread they are all crying about osmethign that is op, one lcass needs nerfed this needs buffed. . . .etc

I see the complaints pretty evenly so it kinda tells me that each class has sometign they are good at and somethign they are bad at. there are some who figure it out and figured out how to play thier class, some are trying o force themselve at being good when they aren't with that class.

everythign is seriously all over the charts with a whole lot of little girl noises going on. I really don't want to se ethe great nerf game or tweeking game like what happened to wow.

in before spellcheck

With over 500 expertise, healers do become unkillable especially with a guard. They turn into godmode if there is another healer in the same warzone dishing out heals to each other.

With no guard, and if 2 semi decent dps (which is rare, decent dps is an oxymoron) focus down a healer, the healer especially sages/inq do go down pretty fast.

Protip: Mark the healers, focus them hard. If theres a guard on them, one dps focus on the tank.

That's the strategy I use, or that I don't want to see used if I'm playing my healer.

One healer isn't a big deal, if your group is outstacked it can become abit much though, I do agree on that. Profession stacking pvp isn't a new thing though. It's pretty much what we all signed up for since this game isn't innovative in the slightest when it comes to combat.

And thst why beating on someone by yourself is rookie pvp...which destorys your theory of being good dps..it is and allways well be focus fire that wins not some solo jockey that thinks he is good dps..ill take 2 shat dps that focus fire over some wanna be good dps that solo's the entire match...

Okay...troll. You're taking my example pretty much completely out of context.

I don't "solo" an entire match, I'm constantly working with teammates even in PUGs but not EVERY situation against a competent sage allows me to constantly have back up.

And the kicker there is, the sage doesn't need back up...but I do. I'm a heavily armored, high powered wrecking ball, and I do great stuff when I have back up, but I can't have back up 100% of the time. The Sage on the other hand is a lightly armored, supposedly low DPS class (which is completely incorrect), and they don't require any back up at all....a good sage can easily solo a good DPS, or even two people attacking them. A really good sage can deal with three people and while not kill any of them, NEVER DIE, depending on the variant skill levels between the three players.

And PUGs are ALWAYS a situation of dealing with variant, unknown skill levels.

Rookie PvP? So I guess all "pro's" do nothing but run on-vent pre-mades all the time? Cause I don't do that. I just try to work the best I can with the people I'm put on a team with.

I don't "solo" an entire match, I'm constantly working with teammates even in PUGs but not EVERY situation against a competent sage allows me to constantly have back up.

And the kicker there is, the sage doesn't need back up...but I do. I'm a heavily armored, high powered wrecking ball, and I do great stuff when I have back up, but I can't have back up 100% of the time. The Sage on the other hand is a lightly armored, supposedly low DPS class (which is completely incorrect), and they don't require any back up at all....a good sage can easily solo a good DPS, or even two people attacking them. A really good sage can deal with three people and while not kill any of them, NEVER DIE, depending on the variant skill levels between the three players.

Rookie PvP? So I guess all "pro's" do nothing but run on-vent pre-mades all the time? Cause I don't do that. I just try to work the best I can with the people I'm put on a team with.

Thats correct pros always run premades...frist rule of puggin expect to lose basically from the point you outlined...i pug from time to time if I run agaist a good sage I dont begrudge him I /tiphat not run to the forums a qq about it...as I seen far more bad sages then I seen good and the good ones would own on any class

And the kicker there is, the sage doesn't need back up...but I do. I'm a heavily armored, high powered wrecking ball, and I do great stuff when I have back up, but I can't have back up 100% of the time. The Sage on the other hand is a lightly armored, supposedly low DPS class (which is completely incorrect), and they don't require any back up at all....a good sage can easily solo a good DPS, or even two people attacking them. A really good sage can deal with three people and while not kill any of them, NEVER DIE, ;)depending on the variant skill levels between the three players.

then I've seen, very, very few of these good sages. Must run that famous 31/31/31 spec.:D

Thats correct pros always run premades...frist rule of puggin expect to lose basically from the point you outlined...i pug from time to time if I run agaist a good sage I dont begrudge him I /tiphat not run to the forums a qq about it...as I seen far more bad sages then I seen good and the good ones would own on any class

LOL well, whatever works for you bro. I was gonna put a bunch of stuff about "no-life's" here but, yanno, its sort of redundant to bring it up.

You're a pro at an MMO, congratulations. I'm sure that'll look great on your resume.

I'm afraid Ashes is correct... whether you guys like it or not.

A solo dps (good or not) cannot kill a good healer that plays right. Sure, you can focus fire one. But that just means there's another player out there that could be spam healing the other one, bringing you back to square one: a team of all healers is unstoppable. How are you going to focus fire all of them at once?

I'm not sure a dps should kill a healer 1v1, that's not my issue. My issue is scrubs keep making stupid claims that are just plain false. Healers are THE KINGS of 1v1. Stop disputing that and I won't have to keep crashing your party.

I'm afraid Ashes is correct... whether you guys like it or not.

A solo dps (good or not) cannot kill a good healer that plays right. Sure, you can focus fire one. But that just means there's another player out there that could be spam healing the other one, bringing you back to square one: a team of all healers is unstoppable. How are you going to focus fire all of them at once?

I'm not sure a dps should kill a healer 1v1, that's not my issue. My issue is scrubs keep making stupid claims that are just plain false. Healers are THE KINGS of 1v1. Stop disputing that and I won't have to keep crashing your party.

Believe what you want to believe... I ve pvp'd in mmo's where healers have been 100 times more powerful the they are in this game..ie pre soul gen,heal nerf warrior priest and still managed to be successful..pain train always wins..this gane is so g dam dps friendly its almost a joke.. Healers have always nd well always counter dps that why they are there..what you think healers should only counter the dps a tank puts out..again it comes down to focus firing a target if an uncooridated group such as pugs cant do pvp rule number 1 and the other side has healers and you dont expect to lose..you are qq on a class job that has the ablity to benifit you also if your faction has no healers its not the game fault

Edited by Kinsal

Oh I'll be quitting at this rate alright, even if it means I'll be giving Funcom another chance because Bioware to be quite frank (and I was a defender for some time) have not got a clue what they are doing and repeating every single bad mistake that was made in every MMO before it.

Sorc/Sage = Bright wizard meets Shaman

Merc/Commando = Choppa meets Warrior Priest

Scoundrel/Ops = Witch Elf

Guard/Jugger = Black Guard.

Sent/Mara = Mara/WL

CC = DaoC pre-immunities.

Warhammer 2.0 engaged!

Any my class gets no mention? What the gunslinger! Oh wait nm....

^^

QFT, etc.

Rare to see someone post on these forums that actually uses their brain to think, problem solve, and reason.

Because of a lack of useful interrupt abilities, healing was already pretty easy anyway.

I post this video for reference and evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnKYF_ZZQDE

That is a high ranked Arena healer in WoW, saying that in SWTOR, healing is too easy. And explaining why.

...Someone from World of Healcraft said PvP healing was too easy...In SWTOR.

And this was pre-1.3.

Congrats BW, it only took you what, three patches? To make the PvP imbalance between DPS and healing worse than Healcraft.

Edited by GavNash

Yes we know you healers like being top of the food chain and tanking better than tanks but this is clearly because Bioware thought that trauma which is counteracted (mostly) with expertise would be enough to stop healing power creeping.

One singular heal debuff in the entire game that is class based and it's on the Sent/Mara, even WAR knew better than to skimp out on the heal debuffs.

if by "mostly" you mean 11 percent then youre misusing the term, if you mean more than 50 percent you have no clue...

Edited by Bluetickone

Interupt em and they still heal, focus them and they pop defensives and instant heal.

Seems we now know where the QQ came from, grats on your accension to godhood, may the PvP matches be a snorefest to honor your need to be unkillable.

Ever interupt an operative? All we can do is sit there and die if you do

Anyone who says differently is lying or talking applying hots which does nothing if you are beig attacked

Magus was actaully useful with one spec it was the engine it bomb groups...which used to make puggies qq on the forums also

I do remember my Engineer (order Magus mirror) days in WAR (before my Runepriest took over), and having my lone roll as the Electromagnet to the Bright Wizard bomb group. Those days were short, but magical.

And I actually agree that Gunslingers/Snipers are hurting atm --I never worry about them when I see them in WZs. Essentially, their 8/8 on my list of feared classes. Why? Its not because of thier damage output, which honestly is very good -- its the fact that I can counter them easier than any other class by simply LoSing them. Combine the with a lack of utility (they do have a knockback, but since they want to keep at a distance and are immobile its usually a non-factor) and you get a recipe for PvP failure.

On the other hand, GS/Snips are really good and desired in PvE, so at least they have 50% of the equation on their side...

Edited by Doki

I don't play a healer in game but in my guild my job with a friend is just to annoy them cause if your making them heal themselves that means there not healing there partners and with that happening strangely they can kill that pesky dps/tank that there mention to keep alive then turn on him.

Healers are not invincible, sorcerers are a pain but they are killable if properly executed in the right manner.

Remember you can CC them in many ways, interrupt, knock back, stun, ect. Use ALL your tools you can get them.

Ever interupt an operative? All we can do is sit there and die if you do

Anyone who says differently is lying or talking applying hots which does nothing if you are beig attacked

Yup. If an op/scoundrel has no TA/UH up, interrupt them once and you win.

It is not healers that are super strong, just sages/sorcs.