wanderers

Ghealexx

I love the game and i think its great, but during the missions that take place in an underground tunnel, or a building that sends you weaving through all the hallways filled with enemies, are starting to get way out of hand. I'm on Alderaan right now and all the 5000 health wanderers walk right into the middle of a regular, easy fight with other enemies and beat you, its impossible to win like that. Also, if you die, yes you could be revived right there but after a few deaths you have to go all the way back to a base....then you have to go through the whole freakin tunnel again. I think the wanderers/walking strongs should be either shrunken in numbers, or not there at all, it is a waste of time and armor. But dont get me wrong I love the game and cant stop playing it, but I hate doing the missions that take place in those underground locations.

Hope you listen,

Ghealexx

I love the game and i think its great, but during the missions that take place in an underground tunnel, or a building that sends you weaving through all the hallways filled with enemies, are starting to get way out of hand. I'm on Alderaan right now and all the 5000 health wanderers walk right into the middle of a regular, easy fight with other enemies and beat you, its impossible to win like that.

Can you give a specific example, because other than soloing 4-man heroics, which is a bit time consuming, I don't recognize a problem with being beaten by wanderers.

I guess you are referring to the pats, patrols, they have a set pattern that they walk along, past and through other mobs.

The trick here is to observe their movements as you approach, if you are in a very difficult area this could take time.

Choose a time when they are either away from other mobs, and take them down alone, or wait until they are near only one group, then sleep, concuss, whirlwind or otherwise incapacitate them, take down the group, then take them down after.

Unless I have been trying to solo a heroic area I have not found the pats to be a problem in this game. If you are talking about heroic areas then you are going to have an extremely difficult time unless you are too high level for the area. The only exception I have encountered where soloing a heroic is fairly easy, with a companion, is on starter planets.

Edited by Ensy_Ewok

Im on Alderaan right now, and i have had one incident during the whole time here (ive finished my class quest, and im finishing up the world quest now) where a wanderer caused me trouble.

And that was only because there was one silver, one mob and then when i was busy with those two, a second silver wandered around a corner and happened to find the fight.

And that time was even my own fault since i didnt heal up properly before the fight, since i didnt think i had to, they were just two guys :p

but when i see a wanderer i usually stop and see if he is moving away or towards me, if he is turning around soon enough to cause trouble if i engage the mobs near me, and so on...

a two-three second look will usually tell you everything you need.

And if the wanderer happens to be in the middle of the mob, you can either jump right in and take that fight, or just wait until he is far enough away from the mob for you to engage either him or the mob without interference.