UI

Caelc

Did the change allowing you to move around and resize the UI happen yet? I hate the stacked UI at the bottom of the screen, takes up too much space but the higher you go the more you need it.

thanks

Coming in 1.2.

I agree with you btw. I have always taken advantage of past games mods/apps to make my UI mine. Comfortable, accessible and flexible. But those options are coming.

Why I'm here has nothing to do with how much content the game is missing.

Good job trying to "get me" though.

Then why are you here? Is life so hollow for you that you need to troll a forum for a game you apparently don't like just so you can try to ruin everyone else's enjoyment of it with your negativity? Or is it something more concrete like Blizzard paychecks?

Edited by Blotter

Why I'm here has nothing to do with how much content the game is missing.

Good job trying to "get me" though.

Meh... you can complain all day that the game is missing things. But you're wrong. It can't be missing something that wasn't there to begin with. BioWare released their game. You payed to play BioWare's game. So the game isn't missing anything. If you don't like it, you can unsub and come back when you feel it has what you want. Complaining about it (especially on the forums) will get you a fast ticket to nowhere.

Then why are you here? Is life so hollow for you that you need to troll a forum for a game you apparently don't like just so you can try to ruin everyone else's enjoyment of it with your negativity? Or is it something more concrete like Blizzard paychecks?

I didn't say I don't like it, I just said it's missing a lot.

If my negativity (I call it honestly, but okay) is ruining your or anyones enjoyment of the game, you need to well and truly go outside more. If someones opinion of something on a forum is effecting you event the slightest, then by golly I wish my life were as easy as yours.

Meh... you can complain all day that the game is missing things. But you're wrong. It can't be missing something that wasn't there to begin with. BioWare released their game. You payed to play BioWare's game. So the game isn't missing anything. If you don't like it, you can unsub and come back when you feel it has what you want. Complaining about it (especially on the forums) will get you a fast ticket to nowhere.

I would like the game to be better. I truly would.

I specifically said 2 months because bioware has announced they are adding a number of features that I would definitely like, yet I don't think they will all be implemented for at least 2 months.

If my negativity (I call it honestly, but okay) is ruining your or anyones enjoyment of the game, you need to well and truly go outside more. If someones opinion of something on a forum is effecting you event the slightest, then by golly I wish my life were as easy as yours.

Its pretty obvious that you were effected by the response to your post, otherwise you would not have replied, just saying.

There's a difference between these two things:

1. I have some issues with the game I need to express so I'm going to make a thread and make posts in people's threads where they are expressing those concerns or asking for my opinion about them.

versus

2. Oh looky, someone posted a simlpe question about the UI customization system and when it's going to be implemented. Here's my glorious opportunity to rant some more even though it has nothign to do with the topic of the thread!!!!

Try to stick to #1, do it in a constructive manner and it won't be seen as negativity.

Its pretty obvious that you were effected by the response to your post, otherwise you would not have replied, just saying.

Errr...where did I ever imply that I WOULDN'T respond to replies to my post?

And how does explaining my position on an issue imply I was "effected"? My opinion is met with hostility, so I explained more. My opinion has not changed.

All you people trying to "get me" are failing miserably.

There's a difference between these two things:

1. I have some issues with the game I need to express so I'm going to make a thread and make posts in people's threads where they are expressing those concerns or asking for my opinion about them.

versus

2. Oh looky, someone posted a simlpe question about the UI customization system and when it's going to be implemented. Here's my glorious opportunity to rant some more even though it has nothign to do with the topic of the thread!!!!

Try to stick to #1, do it in a constructive manner and it won't be seen as negativity.

It was negativity though. Unfortunately sometimes things in life are negative. It doesn't mean they aren't honest expressions. Not everything is sunshine and flowers.

And bioware does have UI customization options coming within the next 2 months. My post gave more information to the OP about an expected timeline on the issue than ANYONE ELSE in this thread.

Edited by Wazooty

Errr...where did I ever imply that I WOULDN'T respond to replies to my post?

And how does explaining my position on an issue imply I was "effected"? My opinion is met with hostility, so I explained more. My opinion has not changed.

All you people trying to "get me" are failing miserably.

There's nobody trying to "get you." You were, in fact, pretty easy to get. The OP was implicitly positive in that his post reminded everyone that BW is implementing something everyone is asking for. You couldn't let it stay positive and needed to make sure everyone was reminded that, even though BW is doing what people asked and trying to make everyone happy, you still (irrationally) have a sad and a big angry and want everyone else to be reminded of it.

Hint: NOBODY CARES.

It was negativity though. Unfortunately sometimes things in life are negative. It doesn't mean they aren't honest expressions. Not everything is sunshine and flowers.

Yawn. But this is sunshine and flowers: we're getting the UI customization we want. If you fail to see how that is a big positive and can only focus on the fact that "I DON'T HAVE IT RIGHT NOW..WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT NAO NAO NAO NAO NAO!!!!!!" then that's not a "negative" about the game...that's you being "childish.

Edited by Blotter

I would like the game to be better. I truly would.

I specifically said 2 months because bioware has announced they are adding a number of features that I would definitely like, yet I don't think they will all be implemented for at least 2 months.

That's fine and I agree. In my eyes probably more like 1-1/2 mos, but that really isn't the point. What I took issue with is the 'missing' part. It really isn't 'missing' anything. I will give you that all MMO's in this sense are 'missing' something, because they are never complete. However because of that MMO's are just what they are and what the company deems best for the consumer.

I like the game. There are parts that irritate me as well. However nothing that would cause me to unsubscribe. I enjoy the in-game community and loathe the forum community. It is the nature of MMO's in my experience and I honestly (again from my personal experience) have seen little merit in complaining on the forums. I have seen far more results from contacting the company directly and voicing my opinion. I often see forum posters get dismissed and at times reprimanded publicly by CS representatives. Not without warrant though, we know what it is like on here. People are protected by anonymity so they say things that would normally get them popped in the mouth if they said it to someone in person. I just think that the forums are like a utopia. Great idea and noble in a way, but poorly implemented. I think it would be great if they could figure a way that people had to somehow verify themselves on forums so that their name would be attached to a post rather than a faceless avatar. Oh well. Got way too deep there. I am bored.

There's nobody trying to "get you." You were, in fact, pretty easy to get. The OP was implicitly positive in that his post reminded everyone that BW is implementing something everyone is asking for. You couldn't let it stay positive and needed to make sure everyone was reminded that, even though BW is doing what people asked and trying to make everyone happy, you still (irrationally) have a sad and a big angry and want everyone else to be reminded of it.

Hint: NOBODY CARES.

If nobody cared, I wouldn't have all you replying to my post asking me to stop being mean.

Stop being a hypocrite.

Yawn. But this is sunshine and flowers: we're getting the UI customization we want. If you fail to see how that is a big positive and can only focus on the fact that "I DON'T HAVE IT RIGHT NOW..WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT NAO NAO NAO NAO NAO!!!!!!" then that's not a "negative" about the game...that's you being "childish.

I never said anything like that. I implied that it would be released within approx 2 months time, which it will.

Way to put words in my mouth though. You are absolutely terrible at arguing.

That's fine and I agree. In my eyes probably more like 1-1/2 mos, but that really isn't the point. What I took issue with is the 'missing' part. It really isn't 'missing' anything. I will give you that all MMO's in this sense are 'missing' something, because they are never complete. However because of that MMO's are just what they are and what the company deems best for the consumer.

I like the game. There are parts that irritate me as well. However nothing that would cause me to unsubscribe. I enjoy the in-game community and loathe the forum community. It is the nature of MMO's in my experience and I honestly (again from my personal experience) have seen little merit in complaining on the forums. I have seen far more results from contacting the company directly and voicing my opinion. I often see forum posters get dismissed and at times reprimanded publicly by CS representatives. Not without warrant though, we know what it is like on here. People are protected by anonymity so they say things that would normally get them popped in the mouth if they said it to someone in person. I just think that the forums are like a utopia. Great idea and noble in a way, but poorly implemented. I think it would be great if they could figure a way that people had to somehow verify themselves on forums so that their name would be attached to a post rather than a faceless avatar. Oh well. Got way too deep there. I am bored.

My opinion is different than yours, in that I think it IS missing things.