Ok so It's offical. BM Bags are broken. My next question is.....

icecoldone

I don't think that most people seem to understand what 25% drop rate means. It means that from all the bags opened that 25% of them will have commendations in them.

NOT 25% of YOUR bags will have commendations. That's why some people get 2 commendations out of 3 bags and others get 1/40.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I still feel like I'm missing something - how do we know what is broken, in what way it's broken and how it will be fixed? People are saying it's reduced/removed the drop chance but a guildie got two literally less than 24 hours ago.

I'm confused. Everyone is talking in such definite terms about how it's broken and how they've wasted their time and stuff but all I can see from Bioware is a one-liner saying they're going to fix something about Battlemaster Bags. Which could mean anything from "there is a huge bug which means some people are receiving zero tokens" to "we're changing the system to now have an increased drop chance and have altered prices accordingly".

The only way you could break a RNG system is if some people are having more chances than others in the roll....

it's obvious... there isn't any other way to break a RNG system

I don't think that most people seem to understand what 25% drop rate means. It means that from all the bags opened that 25% of them will have commendations in them.

NOT 25% of YOUR bags will have commendations. That's why some people get 2 commendations out of 3 bags and others get 1/40.

Does that mean that it gives to people it likes and not to people it doesn't like?

I still feel like I'm missing something - how do we know what is broken, in what way it's broken and how it will be fixed? People are saying it's reduced/removed the drop chance but a guildie got two literally less than 24 hours ago.

I'm confused. Everyone is talking in such definite terms about how it's broken and how they've wasted their time and stuff but all I can see from Bioware is a one-liner saying they're going to fix something about Battlemaster Bags. Which could mean anything from "there is a huge bug which means some people are receiving zero tokens" to "we're changing the system to now have an increased drop chance and have altered prices accordingly".

most people get the assumption that its not droping any/barely any since the mod replied they are aware of the bug after these posts

Don't you think 32 times without a token is a little excessive?

hmmm, opened 10 bags, no commendations. a new bug for the list?

I was lucky to get one battle master commendation in one of my 8 bags I guess

Greetings All,

We apologize for this issue, it is a known one and it is due to be resolved in a future patch at some point after 1.1.3

Which Means ladies and gentlemen

IT IS NOT RNG

Further clarification

IT IS NOT RANDOM!!!!!!! For the 20th time. It's NOT RANDOM

Again, I am not sure you are understanding what Random means.

Countless people in this thread have tried to explain this but you continue to post and ask for some definitive answer. What is the point of this entire topic currently? I see none.

This again

Ok bioware i'm sorry in advance

I don't think you understand what Broken means in this case

It means your not getting anything from you bag.

It means you can open up to 40 like alot of people have and get nothing and you will continue to get nothing because it is broken.

It's not a chance thing. It's broken

Again, I am not sure you are understanding what Random means.

Countless people in this thread have tried to explain this but you continue to post and ask for some definitive answer. What is the point of this entire topic currently? I see none.

then stop posting in my thread. simple

If you see no point. Stop posting

end of discussion

anyone could defend rng and say its not broken, even if 90% of the people opened 10000 bags each and recieved nothing

its still possible, just unlikely

but the mods stated there is a bug with people not recieving any/very few commendations

Edited by LanceUpercutt

its still possible, just unlikely

Wow

Anyway i still want to know how Full BMs got Full BMs in basiscally a week.

Some people who i see in Full BM i don't even see in regular pvp matchs.

And i bascailly pvp 24/7

before you come out with you genius rational and claim that it just chance we haven't meet in games.

I say this to you.

I come across every BM who plays regularly on my server.

In fact we kinda of all know each other and are friends. Be it from republic or empire. So really just try harder

Wow

And i bascailly pvp 24/7

before you come out with you genius rational and claim that it just chance we haven't meet in games.

I say this to you.

In fact we kinda of all know each other and are friends. Be it from republic or empire. So really just try harder

???? either chance or they cheated, those are literally the only 2 options, not sure what your looking for

is it possible they play at different times than you?

Edited by LanceUpercutt

Wow

And i bascailly pvp 24/7

I say this to you.

Been seeing a fair amount of new BMs getting 5/5 and weapon in a week lately myself. still on <10 comms out of 70 bags so I don't know what to think anymore.

The only way you could break a RNG system is if some people are having more chances than others in the roll....

it's obvious... there isn't any other way to break a RNG system

My point is that they didn't say "it is broken", they simply said that they're aware of the issue.

They were "aware of the issue" before they changed Champion bags, if you recall? It didn't mean that there was some kind of bug (at least not one we knew about) it just meant they're aware that it's a pain in the backside and had plans to change the gearing up system.

That post is vague enough that it could just as easily mean "we're aware that some people are getting shafted by our silly loot distribution system". It doesn't necessarily mean "we borked the distribution calculations" or "there is a bug". It could do, but their post doesn't give any detail at all on what the issue actually is.

That's why I'm not going to make my mind up until we get some actual clarification or detail from Bioware. Until then, all I see is rage-fuelled conjecture and people demanding things based on their own personal assumptions about what the post meant.

Its very simple, for the first couple of weeks you could get the weekly more than once. In one given week my GF had done the weekly 4 times. So thats how people got BM gear so fast.

If this is true. then coupled with BM trade .......lols

i will accept you suggestion and thanks for bringing this to light.

I cannot confirm this is true but i just wouldn't surprise me at this point

My point is that they didn't say "it is broken", they simply said that they're aware of the issue.

They were "aware of the issue" before they changed Champion bags, if you recall? It didn't mean that there was some kind of bug (at least not one we knew about) it just meant they're aware that it's a pain in the backside and had plans to change the gearing up system.

That post is vague enough that it could just as easily mean "we're aware that some people are getting shafted by our silly loot distribution system". It doesn't necessarily mean "we borked the distribution calculations" or "there is a bug". It could do, but their post doesn't give any detail at all on what the issue actually is.

That's why I'm not going to make my mind up until we get some actual clarification or detail from Bioware. Until then, all I see is rage-fuelled conjecture and people demanding things based on their own personal assumptions about what the post meant.

I don't understand why you insist on taking that quote out of context and view it on it's own.

you remind me of a guy i knew in FFXI

Square enix was about to realease the blue mage into the game

The mage was blue

He had classic blue mage moves

He looked like a blue mage

Yes this guy insisted we could not say for sure if there was a blue mage going to be added to the game.

At the end of the day guess what. Blue mage was added to the game

People don't always have to spoon feed you for you to get stuff you know

This again

Ok bioware i'm sorry in advance

I don't think you understand what Broken means in this case

It means your not getting anything from you bag.

It means you can open up to 40 like alot of people have and get nothing and you will continue to get nothing because it is broken.

It's not a chance thing. It's broken

I provided you with a fairly good example of why this "could" happen and it all revolves around the SEED they are using in the random number generator. If for example it is your name and your name always rolls a 0 first then you are fat out of luck for now and forever.

If it is broken (and I am not saying it is not) this is what is broken. Nothing is going to make it fixed any faster by arguing with people trying to explain what may be going on.

What you probably need to do is take a step back and relax a bit.

<script>
function foo() {
if(Math.random() >= 0.75) alert('BM');
}
</script>
<a href="#" onclick="foo();">click</a>

you can't set the seed in javascript but there is how very basic random numbers work. Put that in a .htm file and click away.

Edited by solnar_xan

I provided you with a fairly good example of why this "could" happen and it all revolves around the SEED they are using in the random number generator. If for example it is your name and your name always rolls a 0 first then you are fat out of luck for now and forever.

If it is broken (and I am not saying it is not) this is what is broken. Nothing is going to make it fixed any faster by arguing with people trying to explain what may be going on.

Wow will you please stop acting like i haven't stated this before. There are more ways of generating random numbers than seeding. Which is why i haven't focused on accusing seeding of the problem. It is true you have to seed the number generator when your taught how to do so in basic education level however there are multiple of algorthims they could be using.

I am not bold enough to claim to know how they are generating this. I just know it's not random.

I am only on these forums because i want to talk about this subject because now i am no longer playing my main.

I have offically dropped it until they fix it cos my "PROGRESSION" has stopped

Edited by icecoldone

maybe they just saved up a lot of bags before they hit rank 60?

you can't save up more than 4, once you have 4 pending pvp quests you can't travel anywhere and it doesn't let you turn in more pvp quests.

Edited by Manigma

Wow will you please stop acting like i haven't stated this before. There are more ways of generating random numbers than seeding. Which is why i haven't focused on accusing seeding of the problem. It is true you have to seed the number generator when your taught how to do so in basic education level however there are multiple of algorthims they could be using.

I am not bold enough to claim to know how they are generating this. I just know it's not random.

I am only on these forums because i want to talk about this subject because now i am no longer playing my main.

I have offically dropped it until they fix it cos my "PROGRESSION" has stopped

FYI; I've been a computer programmer for 16 years. All you did there is prove that you are not willing to listen to reason.

People arent defending the RNG, Bioware or anything of the sort.They are defending themselves because they do not want to feel they got something that they did not deserve.

I am not saying that they did or did not deserve it, but NOBODY gets this upset over something they hold no personal interest in.

BTW if you think bags are an issue,how about trading kills. Maybe part of the problem is that Bioware didnt count on ths many BMs to be hitting that database for a long time; buit thanks to people trading kills, not there are tons of BMs all after a limited supply of tokens

Which Means ladies and gentlemen

IT IS NOT RNG

Further clarification

IT IS NOT RANDOM!!!!!!! For the 20th time. It's NOT RANDOM

But it is random and it need not be a biased number generator to produce an unfair outcome. Note the difference in unfair (what you are seeing) and biased.

Let's say we flip an unbiased coin (50% chance to land on heads or tails) ten times each. There are 2^10 different outcomes (including the order of the flip) and each outcome has the same probability (0.5^10). The outcome you get may not seem fair to you (same number of flips as me) but it is random and it is unbiased.

Sample outcomes:

H, H, T, T, T, T, T, T, T, H

T, H, H, H, H, H, H, H, H, H

If we let H be a piece of gear you want then in the first outcome you would only get three pieces, however in the second outcome you get nine. Let's say you currently have the first outcome and I have the second. You have the same number of tries as me, yet you got six less pieces of gear. You are fully allowed to say this is unfair since we put in the same amount of effort, however you are not allowed to say this is not random; it is, stop trolling.