Ok so It's offical. BM Bags are broken. My next question is.....

icecoldone

it's been said before but.

RNG doesn't exist in a computer...

OFC if you change the seed its RNG... But changing the variables could narrow the range of your RNG which improve your chances right?

maybe thats how they broke their formulas... messing around with the range of the RNG

Anyways they will probably never tell us what they did to break a RNG system, because it would prove their RNG isnt Really Fair RNG and favors certain players on a fixed timeline

erhm yes... thats exactly what the quote says...

soooooo i dont get you, you say this is no true rng but than you say there is no true rng ... what???

anyways, lets imagine they use the hashcode of the playername as seed (just imagine, i am not saying its a good thing ;) ) xor with another more random number like the current ticks).

then obviously some players might be favored due to their name, but it still is true rng (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generation)

anyways lets get back to topic :D

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not really a downgrade but the focused stats changing is what's making it look like. And please, you said less expertise? lol... not gonna say anything. Also, there's no diminishing returns on Strength, Endurance or Power. So I don't know why you'd say something like that either. Moving on.

it adds even less expertise than it adds to mainstat. no1 said there is DR on attributes or power either but there is on exp which makes the tiny bit bm adds compared to champ pretty much useless.

and anyways not like bm adds any power compared to champ anyways. it just adds crit, lots n lots of crit.

Edited by Moitteva
rude

Did they confirm it's broken or just that they're aware of the issue? Because they were "aware of the issue" with Champion bags too, so they changed the tokens system and stuff, right? I don't think their post necessarily means it's not working from a technical standpoint - it could just as easily mean they're shifting to a different paradigm for BM gear distribution as they did with Champion/Centurion gear, surely?

Or did they confirm somewhere else that the RNG system itself is broken in some fashion?

Again, genuinely not trolling, just trying to collect enough information to make up my own mind before diving into this thread :p

BW employee answered

Greetings All,

We apologize for this issue, it is a known one and it is due to be resolved in a future patch at some point after 1.1.3

to a person asking where are my Bm commodations... saying he gets none

/start clarity-post

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=299174

Greetings All,

We apologize for this issue, it is a known one and it is due to be resolved in a future patch at some point after 1.1.3

1. its an issue

2. they know about it

3. they will resolve (aka fix, aka change) it

/end clarity-post

Edited by Zaodon

Hello everyone,

We have recently had to remove a large number of rude, insulting, inappropriate and name-calling posts from this thread.

While we do value everyone's opinions and your feedback is tremendously important, we ask that it is given in a constructive and respectful manner. Here are a couple things to keep in mind while you're participating in the discussion:

Insults and Rude Comments - You may not agree with what someone says but we do expect you to be respectful of others and their opinions. Being rude to them and insulting them is never allowed.

Trolling - We highly encourage you to be constructive. Inflammatory posts that are meant to do nothing more than provoke strong, emotional negative reactions from others is not allowed.

Please use the flag button - If you come across a post that you think breaks the forum rules, please flag it so we can investigate it.

Ignore Feature - If you find you simply cannot get along with someone, please add them to your ignore list.

We thank you for your effort in keeping this discussion constructive and respectful.

Edited by Moitteva
reopening thread

ok so basically they edited me

That's fair enough bioware. I was a bit overboard. i'll calm down for sure.

But you really don't understand how gutted i feel to know that i have in fact wasted me time and effort on nothing.

And people that can cheat are the winners.

When in fact i only wanted 1 commendation these guys have as many as they want.

It's just shocking

They completed their daily quest without accepting the reward. They just leave it sitting up there blinking "Pending". I did this, but it was after they broke Battlemaster bags :( , so alas, I am 2 for 24 bags. Not going to do anymore dailies until it's fixed (read also: benching my main and rolling Republic)

NOTE: when you have more than 2 pending quests, you can't fly anywhere. So dont plan on doing a whole lot. Just the Warzone Daily and Weekly quests basically.

Edited by alement

I'm suprised the OP didn't think of this before he came to the forums raging.

i did.

I got given the same response as always. The ones you guys love to sing.

Altogehter now let's hear it "IT'S JUST LUCK MAN!"

Edited by icecoldone

Are you not listening!!!!

The bags are broken!!!

Offical from Bioware.

you mean your still crying RNG when bioware told you they're RNg isn't working

Wow

You seem so upset over such a trivial topic. If they are broken, just deal with it until they are fixed. No use crying over spilled milk. Even if we answer your question, it's not going to fix the fact that you cannot gear up as quickly as you are wanting to.

From MY experience, it took about 3 weeks to gear up my Sorc. I got like 5 or so Champion pieces from the bags. The rest I purchased from centurion vendor. After today I will purchase the Champion Chest piece and be fully epic'd.

For about the past week I have noticed Champion gear not being provided in the bags, instead I have been receiving 7 Champion commendations every bag, which i never got before. Is this as good as getting the random Champion pieces? No, it takes much longer to gear up. But at least I can now purchase any champion piece i want and not let it rely simply on chance.

EDIT: I would also like to add that I would love to meet these people you are claiming had full BM gear in 1 weeks time. I know several players that run Warzones, probably more than i do. Yet they are STILL gearing up, and some don't even have as much gear as i do (because of the luck factored into getting champion gear from the bags). I think only one of the several people i regularly PvP with has reached the full epic mark, and it took longer than 1 week.

Edited by Lord_Insidious

No actually on my server i saw Bms in full BM gear within a week of getting BM.

I actually know people who got BM after me and have full BM gear.

try again

How about the bags aren't broken? Last night I got two BM tokens out of three BM bags (2 daily bags, and the ilum weekly bag). If anything, its to easy to gear up now that you qq'ers bleed out your butts if you have to actually farm gear.

So let me guess, you guys who got Champ bags dropping way to many tokens / comms now have your BM gear so now you're crying to have the drop rates upped more?

You know there is a game called DCUO where you can do pvp with pre-made guys, since that's what you're looking for.....

You seem so upset over such a trivial topic. If they are broken, just deal with it until they are fixed. No use crying over spilled milk. Even if we answer your question, it's not going to fix the fact that you cannot gear up as quickly as you are wanting to.

From MY experience, it took about 3 weeks to gear up my Sorc. I got like 5 or so Champion pieces from the bags. The rest I purchased from centurion vendor. After today I will purchase the Champion Chest piece and be fully epic'd.

For about the past week I have noticed Champion gear not being provided in the bags, instead I have been receiving 7 Champion commendations every bag, which i never got before. Is this as good as getting the random Champion pieces? No, it takes much longer to gear up. But at least I can now purchase any champion piece i want and not let it rely simply on chance.

Ok The fact you think this is trival is fair enough.

and true. Bioware has clearly stated that different bugs are serious to some people and not others.

However if your a pvper this bug actually has ground your progression to a halt. Bioware stated that these are the bugs that take priority. The ones that stop progression. well this is such a bug in end game.

Also we didn't know this was broken. It was frustrating wasting time everyday only to get disappointed time and time again. It almost came across as a sick joke from bioware.

Further to the point only cheaters were able to progress. Heighting the stupidity of the issue further.

and finally when the community is told about this issue. And other issues mentioned they act all high and mighty claiming that they are this engineer or that and they have studied this subject or that.

When the fact that some average Joe like me can tell straight away something is wrong.

what does that say about all these people that "claim" to be this and that huh. They can't even figure out that something isn't random. They spend time on the forums hashing out nonsense about how statics work when in fact they are completely wrong and even a none math user can tell they are but they write here like lords of everything.

And their followers believe them and troll you. Even though they are completely wrong

that is what is annoying me

Edited by icecoldone

How about the bags aren't broken? Last night I got two BM tokens out of three BM bags (2 daily bags, and the ilum weekly bag). If anything, its to easy to gear up now that you qq'ers bleed out your butts if you have to actually farm gear.

So let me guess, you guys who got Champ bags dropping way to many tokens / comms now have your BM gear so now you're crying to have the drop rates upped more?

You know there is a game called DCUO where you can do pvp with pre-made guys, since that's what you're looking for.....

It's not broken for everyone which means they have a bias in their RNG which favors some players...

How many times has it been stated we didn't even care about how hard it was. We just wanted some predictablity. that's all

We just wanted to know when we were going to get our gear. Not go through heart break again and again.

Like i said keep believe what ever it is you want to believe. I know now that your not going to believe anything else anyway.

Let us be honest, a lot of you, sit around and wait for the chance to call people scrubs, babies, and call them out on how "stupid" they are.

Maybe some of us come to the forums looking to see what "the state of pvp" is today and attempt to join in, but some us well we just get bored and make "funny" comments.

dis·cus·sion   [dih-skuhsh-uhn]

noun

an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., especially to explore solutions; informal debate.

Telling someone to -> s t f u noob -> is not a dis-cus-sion

Edited by solnar_xan

I still feel like I'm missing something - how do we know what is broken, in what way it's broken and how it will be fixed? People are saying it's reduced/removed the drop chance but a guildie got two literally less than 24 hours ago.

I'm confused. Everyone is talking in such definite terms about how it's broken and how they've wasted their time and stuff but all I can see from Bioware is a one-liner saying they're going to fix something about Battlemaster Bags. Which could mean anything from "there is a huge bug which means some people are receiving zero tokens" to "we're changing the system to now have an increased drop chance and have altered prices accordingly".