Guild Log

Drusillus

FRICKING /SIGNED!

As one GM to another, inactivity, or having to set notes on each character for activity, not to mention if someone bails in the middle of the night, makes it almost impossible to effectively run a guild, also not having the ability to address mail to : GUILD. So everyone in the guild gets a letter makes it a challenge to send notifications, updates etc.. that either (a) can't fit in the MOTD, and/or (b) people won't get them unless they check a guild site;

Tl;dr

As a GM, I agree, also ability to send 1 letter to all guildies.

Common in EVERY MMO but this one.

A log to show the last few days transactions, such as invites, kicks, gquits.

Not to mention the ability to see when the last time a character was online.

As a GM, I cannot do my job well without these simple tools

Dahhh herp derp thats why you have officers, a website and you can (in the guild window) see when people were last online.

Edited by gannonmoss

I know right?

How is it that there are thousands of functional guilds without this, that operate well, and you can't?

Bored at work?

Your an Idiot please shut up, if someone gquits while no one is one, just because we have a website doesn't mean its going to flash a banner saying <SO AND SO GQUIT>

Having the ability to see what is happening in my guild while I am offline is an asset to running a guild.

/SIGN I'd love to know about invites, gkicks, gquits etc.

As another GM it would be nice to have more guild logging in addition to:

- last logged in

- longer officer note field

- longer member note field

- ability to invite to party/raid in guild window

Dahhh herp derp thats why you have officers, a website and you can (in the guild window) see when people were last online.

Why does there always have to be someone who feels the need to come into the suggestion forum and crap all over suggestions that have no negative impact on them?

Oh yea, because it's the internet and people think they can act like a-holes because there are no repercussions.

Grow up troll.

Edited by iain_b

As another GM it would be nice to have more guild logging in addition to:

- last logged in

- longer officer note field

- longer member note field

- ability to invite to party/raid in guild window

Why does there always have to be someone who feels the need to come into the suggestion forum and crap all over suggestions that have no negative impact on them?

Oh yea, because it's the internet and people think they can act like a-holes because there are no repercussions.

Grow up troll.

After I posted this thread, someone in the CS forums told me how to see last logged in

Apparently, the arrow on the left side of the top tabs (any tab), if you left click it, there is a drop down to change that tab to something else. Last logged in is an option. So I just changed Rank to last logged in ans was able to see it.

Kind of tricky if you ask me, I always thought those arrows were sorting arrows, which the right side arrow is. Left arrow is a drop down menu.

Still need a Log though!

Yes please. Actually, I would just like more guild tools period; Guild log AND guild calender.

See my signature for an idea I had for guild taxes.

Guild taxes are a great idea. Help build a pool of credits that can use used for repairs, consumables, Mods, Barrels, etc..

Guild taxes are a great idea. Help build a pool of credits that can use used for repairs, consumables, Mods, Barrels, etc..

I think so too. If you get a moment to comment in the thread I would appreciate it.

Someone should really make a do-all end-all thread about guild tools (taxes, calendars, logs).

Edited by Thaltom

After I posted this thread, someone in the CS forums told me how to see last logged in

Apparently, the arrow on the left side of the top tabs (any tab), if you left click it, there is a drop down to change that tab to something else. Last logged in is an option. So I just changed Rank to last logged in ans was able to see it.

Kind of tricky if you ask me, I always thought those arrows were sorting arrows, which the right side arrow is. Left arrow is a drop down menu.

Still need a Log though!

Ahh, thanks for the tip.

And of course the last played field doesn't sort properly... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

the whole Guild UI needs a make-over.

Remove the current G UI and replace it with the current Details UI. Add in more columns so we can see more of what's going on without having to figure out we need to hit an arrow.

Move the MOTD (please remove that stupid popup at log in) and the Description to their own Tab(s). It's nice that we can add in 400 characters in either box, sucks the players can only see 100.

Sorting, yeah, needs works.

Because Customer Service doesn't like it when I agree with the OP with the word "bump", I'm going to put more to a comment to help their ignorance.

I AGREE WITH THE OP AND FEEL THAT THE DEVS SHOULD IMPLEMENT GUILD LOGS.

There, hopefully some over-zealous Customer Service Troll won't delete this one.

/signed

Anyone who trolls this is well... A troll

No. I want to see when the last time was they were logged on into the game not onto a guild website.

And a calender. And a realm-time clock. Setting a time this many days and hours from now, or working out who lives where and in what time-zone and then doing the math and working out what time that makes it for everyone is a nightmare. And not just for guilds, pugs as well.

Edited by Darnu

If it's in every MMO but this one how come I can't think of one that has it? Sounds like the kind of thing Eve would have, but I can't remember if it did or not.

Edited by Game-Hermit

FRICKING /SIGNED!

As one GM to another, inactivity, or having to set notes on each character for activity, not to mention if someone bails in the middle of the night, makes it almost impossible to effectively run a guild, also not having the ability to address mail to : GUILD. So everyone in the guild gets a letter makes it a challenge to send notifications, updates etc.. that either (a) can't fit in the MOTD, and/or (b) people won't get them unless they check a guild site;

Tl;dr

As a GM, I agree, also ability to send 1 letter to all guildies.

If his highness can't spare 5 seconds of his precious time to check the guild website then the guild is better off without him. You should be kicking for refusal to check the guild site once in a while already. Guild mail isn't needed. It's a tool that does an inferior version of something guilds have already been doing for ages without in-game tools.

Also, if you can't keep track of people joining, leaving and being kicked, maybe you should stop spam inviting every single person you see. One quality member is quite literally worth 20 random invitees.

Edited by Game-Hermit

• 4 months later...

Since a guild website is NOT connected to the game, I fail to understand why people are stating to check a website.

It is common to be able to see who was invited, by whom, when, who left, got kicked etc. And if you have a guild with even as few as say 75 members and can remember every single person then grats to you. Frankly I don't have the time to try and memorize something like this (nor do I want to), which is why a guild log needs to be implemented.