Reverse engeneering colour crystals

damolawler

You can crit craft them but once you hit the purple lvl thats it. Hiting a crit on a purple or any for that matter just makes the stat better.

My understanding is that only wearable gear like armor and weapons can be crafted and REed to learn an orange lvl schem all the rest stop at purple. Like no orange ears implants

Higher level crystal recipes are sold by the artifice trainer after reaching certain skill levels. At 400 you can learn all the recipes. By crafting the green/blue versions of the items and REing them, you can sometimes learn a purple version. Further REing purple versions, which resulted from a blue item, can result in another purple version with another additional stat.

REing blue crystal recipes (not the crystal color blue) leads to the corresponding purple crystal recipe (not the crystal color purple). Further REing purple crystal recipes leads to nothing, since that is the end of the line. You can not learn higher level crystal recipes by REing. You can't learn higher level recipes for anything by REing. The RE proc will always be an item of the same level but with better stats or additional stats.

Crystals cannot be critically crafted. In addition to the trainer learned recipes, you can learn 3 "pink" crystal recipes from rare recipe drops from the Belsavis and Hoth worldbosses. Those crystals have +33 to critical rating, +33 to power or +33 to endurance. The yellow crystals found in weapon drops from the flashpoint "Kaon Under Siege" Hardmode are +41 crystals.

The max. level for enhancements craftable by artifice is 22. There are no artifice recipe drops from operations at this time, while epic and rare recipes for other crafting professions drop from every boss and sometimes from trash mobs.

Thanks chaps, this explains a lot.

So once I have purple level schematics for all my crystals, the only way to get higher level schematics is from Artifice vendors once I have reached the required skill level?

Therefore the only thing to do with all the puple quality crystals I have made is to sell them:)