Y no interrupt?

Niconogood

Hey Bioware, you somehow seem to have forgotten to give commandos/mercs our interrupt like all classes have. I know it is probably just a glitch due to rushing to get the game out etc. But I would hope you could prioritize implementing it as soon as possible. Cause considering how the entire game is built around the importance of having an interrupt, both for PvP and PvE its pretty gamebreaking atm, making these ACs gimps for comepetetive play.

Thanks for listening.

Hey Bioware, you somehow seem to have forgotten to give commandos/mercs our interrupt like all classes have. I know it is probably just a glitch due to rushing to get the game out etc. But I would hope you could prioritize implementing it as soon as possible. Cause considering how the entire game is built around the importance of having an interrupt, both for PvP and PvE its pretty gamebreaking atm, making these ACs gimps for comepetetive play.

Thanks for listening.

You have a knockbak and a stun. Marauders neither of it. Stop whining

Potential Responses:

1) We felt including an extra ability would scare people that prefer the one button game play of Tracer Missile.

2) We feel that nonforce classes should all have gaping holes in their ability to do content, especially with your ability to traverse the battlefield.

3) As a turret class, you're not supposed to have the utility, given all the utility you get out of your primary abilities, armor, shields, and so forth.

4) As a means to make Power Techs different, we provided them with the ability to Interrupt.

5) If we did give you an interrupt, it'd be 4 meters, to mock the nature of your class. [Oh wait, we did that to Power Techs!]

If it makes you feel better, Operatives only get a 10 meter one, while Sorcerers get a 30 meter one. This makes interrupting a pain when healing.

Hey Bioware, you somehow seem to have forgotten to give guardians/juggernauts our baseline non-channeld stun like all classes have. I know it is probably just a glitch due to rushing to get the game out etc. But I would hope you could prioritize implementing it as soon as possible. Cause considering how the entire game is built around the importance of having a stun, both for PvP and PvE its pretty gamebreaking atm, making these ACs gimps for comepetetive play.

Thanks for listening.

Thanks for listening.

Your cc is reduced because of your heavy armor.

I think the 9 CD knockback can interupt any spell that is casted.

And considering you can "interupt" sombody into a fire or off a cliff, I'd claim you don't need an interupt. I'd rather have that than my 12 sec CD interupt on my shadow.

( you can still interupt somebody with full resolve bar, but not knock them back though)

You have a knockbak and a stun. Marauders neither of it. Stop whining

marauders have a stunn.... stasis. yes it is channled but still a stunn. and consider that if you use it wise you interrupt, your (especially watchman) dot(s) still tick, it does damage and gives you focus points, it helps you to pass by the cd of other abilities.

Edited by me_unknown

I made a list in this thread of some of the interupts I know of on the rep side, it should be the same for imp side, just different names on the mirror classes.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=302672&page=2

Jedi Knight: Force leaping into a skill that is channeled or being cast interupts it.

The kick is your regular interupt. Force stasis is a channeled stun that can interupt.

Force push works like an interupt and after a recent patch it instantly refreshes force leap ready for use again, so against a ranged caster if you wait a bit for cast you can use force leap yet again to interupt. The fear skill Awe also works like an interupt.

So thats basicly 5 different ways you could interupt. And that as a melee.

Not always that easy to pull off in pvp, but yeah.

Jedi Consular: Force wave, knocks your target(s) away, so you can sprint towards your target and use it like an interupt works like a charm for me in pve, not that easy to pull off in pvp but a possibility. Force stun (not sure if it was sage only) stuns your target from range. The regular ranged silence. Force lift albeit more useful to CC someone without any dots on him/her(maybe force that person to use a cc breaker) can also interupt a cast. That's 4 ways to interupt, maybe I'm forgetting one, but not every (adv) class has the same amount or kinds of interupts.

Smuggler: Dirty kick, stuns. Needs melee range though. Regular ranged interupt.

Flash Grenade: An aoe stun that can be used as an interupt. Tranq shot: CC that works nicely on out of combat players that can keep 1 player out of a team fight forever I think even? Haven't noticed my tranq shot going on a long cd so yea, use it on high profile targets like the really well geared healers. So 3 interupts?

Trooper: I'm playing a vanguard tank speced(being tank speced is required to get the charge) Charge (aka force leap) can interupt a cast, can get you right into melee range to use your regulur interupt as well which is named Riot Strike I think.

Cyro Grenade: Stuns. Interupts, good stuff.

Harpoon: As long as you are at least 10 m or more away from your target you can use harpoon as a way to interupt. Same goes for the charge btw. Harpoon isVanguard only skill I think. Only 3 interupts as well?

Keep these in mind and you should do much better, not just against healers, but any class that uses any skill that is either channeled or has a cast time.

Edited by Spero-Mcgee