Where do people get this idea that a well played marauder is invincible 1v1?

Aidank

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, most people generally have zero idea what their own class does, or what other classes do.

Dunno about your server, but on my server marauder is the most common class you will find in pvp, especially during the mid day when the real hardcore jobless people are playing. At any given time you can expect to find at least 5 marauders in your huttball, sometimes up to 8 or 9.

Not an overpopulated class as a whole, but for real pvp crowd, its more popular than sorc ever was. So yes, pretty much anyone on my server knows what marauders do and how they work, because they are the ones killing you most of the time. You cannot play the "but they are so rare, no one knows how they work" card anymore like you could have back in january when there wasn't any.

Edited by Relith

A mara/sent played by a player who knows his class in and out will beat ANY other class played by equally skilled player. Simple fact.

Best class 1v1. I don't see the point of even making a thread denying this.

All cooldowns up, equal skill, equal gear...darkness/kinetic sin/shadow wins this fight without too much trouble.

Edited by Vember

Marauders/Operatives share the place for the best duelist in this game though.

EDIT: Also good Marauders don't charge -> Cloak of Pain. They wait till the fight has begun or till they have a Dot.

There are about 5 REALLY good Scoundrels on my server. I'm almost BM, so I'm slightly undergeared compared to them but meh, nothing to really complain about.

There's one who will absolutely roll me every time if all his CD's are up. Then the rest come down to the last 20% health for me. Really good Scoundrels are tough to beat, and you have to know when to use your only CC break.

Tank Assassins in dps gear are also really tough 1v1's. Though if you use your CC break you'll most likely lose, as then they're free to Vanish -> Sap and then Seethe back 40% of their health or more while you're incapacitated.

All I ever see is people trying to spam their pve rotation against sentinels, refreshing their 20% damage debuff for the whole fight and trying to dps through guarded by the force, and then they complain about how overpowered marauders are in a 1v1?

I'm not saying they're a bad class at all, especially in 1v1, i'm just saying that this idea they're completely invincible stems from people refusing to exploit their relatively easily exploitable weaknesses or play reactively to their cooldowns.

If you're better than the sent you're fighting, and you're mezzing their rebukes and going defensive during GBTF you're probably not going to lose.

learn to play your class

that is all

I wish peoole would stop saying Sentinel and Marauder when what they really mean is Watchman and Annihilation. The other two trees do not match up NEARLY as well in a lot of 1:1 situations. Despite being touted as what would traditionally be the "burst" trees it's the DoT tree that dominates.

They don't NEED to reopen. They don't need NEED dodge either. It just helps them win easier. And what do they need to trinket out of? Awe? If dots are up that'll break on its own. Force Stasis? You NEED to trinket out of a 3 sec CHANNELED stun that does low damage? Sentinels don't have any other "control."

stasis does pretty good damage on my focus guardian... at least 2.5k if i get a few crit ticks.

If a marauder is using annihilation with a high crit rating then yes, he is unstoppable in a 1v1. (31-10-0) The only person able to beat this build is a shadow/assasin running the overpowered tank spec (31-0-10 or 27-0-14)

Not true...

Operative/Smug will also win this fight 80-90% of the time.

Think of marauders as being incredible against any class that doesnt get damage bonuses from being behind them.

By the way, agaisnt a good OP/Smug , you dont want to use your breaker untill the THIRD stun.

Dunno how many people have noticed this but HS/Cloaking/HS doesnt fill the resolve bar... its just slightly below full.

So max duration stun is HS/Cloak/HS/Debilitate.... i.e 6 seconds.

given HS is comfortabally in the 5k-6k range with acidblade ticks, times two, you really dont want to use your breaker on the 2nd HS, only to be stunned for another 3 seconds and take Backstab/Lacerate/lacerate...cos then your into the 19k dmg territory and you only just got into the fight.

Gear for gear operative/smuggle is built to kill Marauder/Sentinel.. it doesnt make either the "best" or "better" 1v1... they each have their nemesis like every class does