Well it took some doing, but i'm done.

AlmightyGrain

I ask myself, why doesn't it feel like i'm logging in to star wars?? The truth is that only one game has been able to get the MMO world of star wars right. That was SWG. I am sorry if anyone feels different or did not play SWG to reference, but the way they put jedi in that game was remarkable. One reason this game does not feel like star wars is because right away there are wayyyy too many jedi, and far too many jedi with double bladed and double sabers. Those were in fact rare lightsaber forms. And lightsabers dropping off mobs... what the hell were you thinking????? lightsabers took a crazy amount of skill and materials to make and only jedi had them, jedi should be crafting them in this game. I should not be able to loot an ultimate jedi weapon off some dumb mob.

There is no arguing that on less populated servers more than heavily populated ones, this is just a single player game, with the option of multiplayer. I always think of MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf when playing this game. Where everyone runs around the little room waiting for a match to start. Just like sitting at the republic fleet waiting for a wz.

BTW Bioware, since you don't know what an MMO is I will help start you off. It is a game where a ton of people can play together and be UNIQUE, and like THEIR OWN saga. GREEEEAT job on making every single endgame character look exactly the same, because everyone who has worked hard to get to 50 really wants to spend their time grinding for the same armor everyone else has. NOT.

This is just a little side thing but I find it very annoying. I havn't ever in 10 years played an online game where you could not add people to your friends list unless they are online. So bioware, when we sign offline we suddenly don't exist?? pathetic??

Also, changing the name and the color of an armor set does not make it new. Same goes for charging 200 commendations for mounts which you changed the color of. You guys added nothing significant to this game.

And for those of you hurting to say "it's just the beginning, *** you expect." Judging by three years of work, and the patching they have attempted thus far, the game will never improve and everyone will run around with the same robe and on the same mount with the same little sandcrawler following them. Funny how its been two months and Bioware has already pissed off most of the classes with nerfs, without talking to us the ones who know what a game should be like.

Ok so I got to 50 and decided, "ok there is nothing to do but ateast I can PvP and get some gear bags with a fun chance to get a piece of gear. I was on my way to completing my champion set, having a good time with the random bags. Now there have been at least two PvP gear system *uck ups since I have been grinding gear. I still need the same three champion pieces of armor that i did before loot chances lowered. Yes bioware, I would have played with your random gear bag system. No, I will not spend my time grinding commendations. The system you guys had to get gear before was nice, now it is simple and ignorant, like the rest of the game.

Consider me incapacitated by your stupid Endgame, and screwing up the gear bags are the Deathblow, from which I won't be reviving this month.

Where it took SOE a couple years to start nerfing and killing the game, it took you guys a couple months.

Does anyone see anything on this game they will enjoy paying for after all the single player stuff is done?

BTW, I hate hearing my character talk, never saying what i want him to say. Huuuge waste of time and money on that. It would be quicker and less repetitive if the NPCs would just go after you click your choice, and you didn't have to listen to your toon say something he's already said 100 times. I think i got chills from something actually cool my consular said a whopping twice?? Failed.

Im starting to think there are no good mmo's anymore. Too much copy/paste unoriginality. Its been dumbed down and mulled into carrot on a stick grindfests. Sorry but that's not my idea of fun.

probably should stop playing mmos if you don't like grinding.

anyway have a look at the other mmos coming out this year, there are some pretty funky ones.

lightsabers took a crazy amount of skill and materials to make and only jedi had them, jedi should be crafting them in this game.

How many lightsabers did Obiwan and Anakin burn through in the prequels?

Oh.. and Luke built his own with only an old book.

I think you're putting too much into the skill skill.

BTW Bioware, since you don't know what an MMO is I will help start you off. It is a game where a ton of people can play together and be UNIQUE, and like THEIR OWN saga. GREEEEAT job on making every single endgame character look exactly the same, because everyone who has worked hard to get to 50 really wants to spend their time grinding for the same armor everyone else has. NOT.

You clearly haven't played any other mmos.

This is just a little side thing but I find it very annoying. I havn't ever in 10 years played an online game where you could not add people to your friends list unless they are online. So bioware, when we sign offline we suddenly don't exist?? pathetic??

Really.. this is making you rage?

Also, changing the name and the color of an armor set does not make it new. Same goes for charging 200 commendations for mounts which you changed the color of. You guys added nothing significant to this game.

Tell that to blizzard.

Ok so I got to 50 and decided, "ok there is nothing to do but ateast I can PvP and get some gear bags with a fun chance to get a piece of gear. I was on my way to completing my champion set, having a good time with the random bags. Now there have been at least two PvP gear system *uck ups since I have been grinding gear. I still need the same three champion pieces of armor that i did before loot chances lowered. Yes bioware, I would have played with your random gear bag system. No, I will not spend my time grinding commendations. The system you guys had to get gear before was nice, now it is simple and ignorant, like the rest of the game.

There was nothing nice about the old system. Some people opened 13 bags and got 13 pieces.. other people were opening 30 bags and got no pieces in all 30 bags.

Does anyone see anything on this game they will enjoy paying for after all the single player stuff is done?

I'm enjoying the warzones and operations.

BTW, I hate hearing my character talk, never saying what i want him to say. Huuuge waste of time and money on that. It would be quicker and less repetitive if the NPCs would just go after you click your choice, and you didn't have to listen to your toon say something he's already said 100 times. I think i got chills from something actually cool my consular said a whopping twice?? Failed.

I'm sorry you didn't play Mass Effect or Dragon Age Origins to learn how the dialog wheel worked.

One reason this game does not feel like star wars is because right away there are wayyyy too many jedi, and far too many jedi with double bladed and double sabers. Those were in fact rare lightsaber forms.

GREEEEAT job on making every single endgame character look exactly the same, because everyone who has worked hard to get to 50 really wants to spend their time grinding for the same armor everyone else has. NOT.

1. This is the Old Republic - a time when the Jedi Order had numerous people in its Order. It is NOT anywhere near the same point as the movies which featured a handful of Jedi. And whoever said that certain lightsaber styles were "rare"? A double-bladed saber is basically a staff modified for Jedi, made by joining two lightsabers at the hilt.

2. Of course end-game gear looks the same. The only games I'm familiar with that have "different" end-game gear are F2P MMOs (and you have to buy the items from cash shops). Case in point, WoW's newest Shaman set looks the same for all specs. All Shamans who have the best gear look the same.

3. This is fairly commonplace in MMOs. It's the simplest, quickest way to introduce new gear. And if you're referring specifically to modifiable gear, most people just pick a set or two throughout the leveling experience they like (some people pick more or less, too, obviously). If you think the different variant with slightly upgraded mods in it is stupid, don't buy it. Simple as that.

4. I've invested roughly 15 days of time (through /played), and have barely touched upon the end-game content. I'm having fun scouring the world for codex entries, and looking for upgrades to my gear before getting into raiding. So yes, I'm still enjoying the **** out of it.

5. Feel free to make an MMO that's voice acted that features 100% unique lines, I'd bet a rather substantial amount that you wouldn't be able to. Aside from difficulty (in terms of writing everything), you'd have to pay your voice actors more, which reduces the amount of cash they can dedicate to other functions of the game.

Gotta disagree with you on the implementation of Jedi. SWG had it all wrong, and this game has it right. You don't set a Star Wars MMO in a period when the Jedi are practically extinct. People-- regular people with normal lives-- will want to play a Jedi sometime in a Star Wars game, and telling them they can't because it doesn't fit the lore is going to drive them off and leave you with a... well, with a Star Wars Galaxies-size population.

Games are games first and foremost. If the setting and story is blocking fun, then you've got the wrong setting and story.

Im starting to think there are no good mmo's anymore. Too much copy/paste unoriginality. Its been dumbed down and mulled into carrot on a stick grindfests. Sorry but that's not my idea of fun.

You are right, hopefully MMOs start moving forward soon. Lately it seems like they are getting worse in terms of customization, art style.

secret world seems pretty cool, it doesn't have levels or classes for one thing, so that's refreshing. and steam punk setting.

Secret World isn't steam punk... it's modern era.... Supernatural/Buffy meets Xfiles/Fringe.

Until we start seeing some game system videos I'm going to assume Funcom has already wrecked it.

How many lightsabers did Obiwan and Anakin burn through in the prequels?

Oh.. and Luke built his own with only an old book.

I think you're putting too much into the skill skill.

You clearly haven't played any other mmos.

Really.. this is making you rage?

Tell that to blizzard.

There was nothing nice about the old system. Some people opened 13 bags and got 13 pieces.. other people were opening 30 bags and got no pieces in all 30 bags.

I'm enjoying the warzones and operations.

I'm sorry you didn't play Mass Effect or Dragon Age Origins to learn how the dialog wheel worked.

I concur completely with this^.

Secret World isn't steam punk... it's modern era.... Supernatural/Buffy meets Xfiles/Fringe.

Until we start seeing some game system videos I'm going to assume Funcom has already wrecked it.

Nope, supposed to go live in May possibly. Been in beta phase for quite a while now.

gw2 is the only one that looks promising

GW2 is another big budget game. You're lining up for one summer blockbuster after another and complaining that they aren't edgy Indie flicks.

If you actually wanted to try something different, you'd be playing one of the many, more unusual sorts of MMORPGs out there that were done on a smaller budget, and took risks in their design.

GW2 is another big budget game. You're lining up for one summer blockbuster after another and complaining that they aren't edgy Indie flicks.

If you actually wanted to try something different, you'd be playing one of the many, more unusual sorts of MMORPGs out there that were done on a smaller budget, and took risks in their design.

Its big budget but they at least try to be innovative. Unlike other mmo's that come out that just want to copy wow. Sorry but my days with wow are over and playing a different mmo that just a reskinned wow is where we're at now.

I never played SWG but the way people keep talking about it I wish I had.

As for the above these kind of comments have me shaking my head. This game as far as an MMO goes is no different from any other including the best selling franchise on the market. The ONLY time people grouped to level was on pvp servers for protection and only if you played the outnumbered faction, or was leveling with a friend. At least this game has class quests that are interesting & enjoyable and in my book that places it 1 step ahead of the market leader.

As far as gear goes how is it any different to any other MMO? we currently have 1 operation so yeah everyone who has been geared through it has the same gear. Heck Cata didint even distinguish between green & blues as far as looks went. Less QQ & more pew pew

Its big budget but they at least try to be innovative. Unlike other mmo's that come out that just want to copy wow. Sorry but my days with wow are over and playing a different mmo that just a reskinned wow is where we're at now.

Whoa whoa whoa, hold there phone there mister man. What caused this turn around in opinion? I know it's kind of off topic but kind of not. I remember you shooting fire at me for bringing up GW2.

What happened man?

I never played SWG but the way people keep talking about it I wish I had.

As for the above these kind of comments have me shaking my head. This game as far as an MMO goes is no different from any other including the best selling franchise on the market. The ONLY time people grouped to level was on pvp servers for protection and only if you played the outnumbered faction, or was leveling with a friend. At least this game has class quests that are interesting & enjoyable and in my book that places it 1 step ahead of the market leader.

As far as gear goes how is it any different to any other MMO? we currently have 1 operation so yeah everyone who has been geared through it has the same gear. Heck Cata didint even distinguish between green & blues as far as looks went. Less QQ & more pew pew

The truth is SWG was never great. It was built on some really great ideas, but it never had time to fill out. It was a mile wide and an inch deep, if you follow me. I loved it, but I mostly loved what I thought it could become in time. But Sony stomped on the genius parts of it and rebuilt it as an incredibly weak WoW clone before it had really even gained traction.

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

If you have a specific suggestion or individual piece of feedback, we encourage you to post in the Suggestion Box forum or to make a thread regarding your issue in the relevant sub-forum. If you'd like to add your list of bugs or suggestions, we encourage you to post in the following threads in the interest of helping us keep compilations consolidated:

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.